Author Topic: House Passes Bipartisan Debt-Limit, Budget Deal Backed By Trump  (Read 831 times)

Offline montanajoe

I seldom post anymore, and for those offended by this observation, I can only say you are all nice folks but.... :shrug:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-07-25/house-passes-bipartisan-debt-limit-budget-deal-backed-by-trump

Take a look, that other site hasen't  mentioned it, nobody here has posted more than a few comments...if this was passed with Obama's name instead Trump it would have been 25+ pages...

Are "Conservatives" the same emotional  fools as those on the left? Quite frankly I would have to say yes...

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Re: House Passes Bipartisan Debt-Limit, Budget Deal Backed By Trump
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2019, 03:16:53 am »
I posted his one yesterday: http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,369771.msg2018086.html#msg2018086

Congressional Budget Deal Grows Deficit with Reckless Spending

We're all volunteers here, aren't we?

Offline DB

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2019, 03:20:08 am »
Partying on the credit card is now the "conservative" standard. Spending our future into oblivion buys votes. Just a different flavor of big government.

Even the word conservative has been hijacked into the populist void absent fundamental principles all in the name of "winning".

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2019, 03:27:08 am »
Partying on the credit card is now the "conservative" standard. Spending our future into oblivion buys votes. Just a different flavor of big government.

Even the word conservative has been hijacked into the populist void absent fundamental principles all in the name of "winning".

Being an Anarchist in a "2 Party System", I have been voting Republican for years as the "Lesser of 2 Evils". At least during the "Tea Party" days there was a promise of "Limited Government". I am finding it harder and harder to decide. I may go the route of my 2 sons and vote 3rd Party from now on.

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2019, 03:29:38 am »
I posted his one yesterday: http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,369771.msg2018086.html#msg2018086

Congressional Budget Deal Grows Deficit with Reckless Spending

We're all volunteers here, aren't we?

Certainly, the point I was trying to make rather in-artfully is is that in my view  for many the term "Conservative" is nothing more than the political team one supports....As long as our guy "wins" no need to worry about the details.. :shrug:
« Last Edit: July 27, 2019, 03:31:17 am by montanajoe »

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2019, 03:43:31 am »
I seldom post anymore, and for those offended by this observation, I can only say you are all nice folks but.... :shrug:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-07-25/house-passes-bipartisan-debt-limit-budget-deal-backed-by-trump

Take a look, that other site hasen't  mentioned it, nobody here has posted more than a few comments...if this was passed with Obama's name instead Trump it would have been 25+ pages...

Are "Conservatives" the same emotional  fools as those on the left? Quite frankly I would have to say yes...

I posted plenty the first day it was announced that Trump was making the deal.  Really makes me mad.  This is losing not winning.  It strapping my children with more and more debt.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2019, 04:54:29 am »

Other than a scattered few  that you could probably name - yeah.

Hello from up north @montanajoe . I miss seeing you hereabouts. Hope the summer is treating you right.

Four watermelons for me so far... Two big barn dances, and a bonfire and tailgates thing down on the river... Still green and vibrant, so hopefully no smoke this august.  :0001:

:beer: :seeya:

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2019, 05:57:16 am »
Why is this topic ignored? Maybe because those claiming to be conservatives here are just fanboys.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2019, 06:18:24 am »
That is a good question....

I noticed that this thread was posted earlier: http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,369900.0.html

I replied with:

I've noticed that no reports or statements on this "grand compromise" actually let us know HOW MUCH will actually be spent in the next two fiscal years...

They consistently report: "$320 billion above the levels set in a legislative deal to lift the debt limit that was made in 2011..."

So, readers/listeners see/hear "$320 billion"  over two years....  I am sure that many react, even subconsciously, "that doesn't sound so bad..."

The levels of duplicity and cowardice are just continuing to ramp up more and more...

And, don't get me started on my reaction to these recent Trump Tweets about it...

I see these, example below, as an insult to the intelligence of anyone supporting him....

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

I am pleased to announce the House has passed our budget deal 284-149. Great for our Military and our Vets. A big thank you!

4:25 PM - 25 Jul 2019

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1154533077986603008

The blatant pandering ("Great for our Military and our Vets.") is disgusting.  He makes it appear that we have a bottomless pit of $$$ to just keep spending, and we should all sing his praises because he is directing some toward the military and veterans.  Simply nauseating.

One has to believe that he is assuming his potential voters all look and behave like:

and it ended up being the last post in the thread....

:whistle:

Offline Applewood

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2019, 06:39:50 am »
@montanajoe

I believe a lot of people are angry, but what can we do?  I've been told by some here that this is why it's so important to vote Republican  -- why I "have to" re-elect Trump next year.    But as to Trump, if he is so concerned about runaway spending, why did he not veto the last few spending spree bills that came to his desk?  And as form the congressional Republicans we have now, why do they agree to all this spending?  Oh yes, I've heard the excuses even when Republicans controlled both houses of congress -- they "have to" agree to this spending spree in the spirit of bipartisanship or they have to agree to this other spending spree because it provides funding for the military, blah, blah, blah.

And then there are some who say we have to replace the liberal Republicans in congress with more "conservative" Republicans.  Well, as has already been pointed out here, the word "conservative" has been redefined and hijacked by populist factions.  It no longer means fiscally responsible anymore.  Sometimes I wonder if it ever did. 

Then if you do get a Republican candidate who promises to reign in spending -- trust me, if and when he/she is elected, that promise of fiscal responsibility will be forgotten a half minute after he/she takes office.

Bottom line is that no one in DC truly cares about all this spending.  They are going to keep on spending till the well runs dry.  They are only hopeful that the well dries up long after they leave office so they can all collect their handsome pensions and benefits for years to come.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2019, 01:57:17 pm »
Quote from: MontanaJoe

Want to know what offends me?  People who change the titles of articles when they post them, because it messes up our already poorly functioning "Search" feature.  Especially when the modified title trashes TBR.

@montanajoe

« Last Edit: July 27, 2019, 02:44:42 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2019, 04:53:15 pm »
Want to know what offends me?  People who change the titles of articles when they post them, because it messes up our already poorly functioning "Search" feature.  Especially when the modified title trashes TBR.

@montanajoe

@Cyber Liberty

Well excsusee meeeee

I forgot that you Trump guys, like your God, are quite thin skinned .... :whistle:

The article was referenced to point out the fact that a "Trump Conservative" cares little about budgets..but you carry on....and thanks for the reminder as to why I seldom post.... :shrug:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2019, 04:55:36 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

Well excsusee meeeee

I forgot that you Trump guys, like your God, are quite thin skinned .... :whistle:

The article was referenced to point out the fact that a "Trump Conservative" cares little about budgets..but you carry on....and thanks for the reminder as to why I seldom post.... :shrug:

I'm a "Trump guy" now?  No, I am an Admin of this Forum reminding you to not change the published titles of articles.

@montanajoe
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online libertybele

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2019, 05:12:44 pm »
@montanajoe

I believe a lot of people are angry, but what can we do?  I've been told by some here that this is why it's so important to vote Republican  -- why I "have to" re-elect Trump next year.    But as to Trump, if he is so concerned about runaway spending, why did he not veto the last few spending spree bills that came to his desk?  And as form the congressional Republicans we have now, why do they agree to all this spending?  Oh yes, I've heard the excuses even when Republicans controlled both houses of congress -- they "have to" agree to this spending spree in the spirit of bipartisanship or they have to agree to this other spending spree because it provides funding for the military, blah, blah, blah.

And then there are some who say we have to replace the liberal Republicans in congress with more "conservative" Republicans.  Well, as has already been pointed out here, the word "conservative" has been redefined and hijacked by populist factions.  It no longer means fiscally responsible anymore.  Sometimes I wonder if it ever did. 

Then if you do get a Republican candidate who promises to reign in spending -- trust me, if and when he/she is elected, that promise of fiscal responsibility will be forgotten a half minute after he/she takes office.

Bottom line is that no one in DC truly cares about all this spending.  They are going to keep on spending till the well runs dry.  They are only hopeful that the well dries up long after they leave office so they can all collect their handsome pensions and benefits for years to come.

I haven't read the bill, only the media reporting of the bill.  It does seem that he is allowed to take $$ to finally complete the wall. If he were to veto it, I think he would be hard pressed to ask for additional $$ for border security?

No, not thrilled with increasing debt as from my understanding it adds another $10Trillion.  It is a shame that Paul's amendments to the budget were shot down.  Nothing even close to a balanced budget.  **nononono*
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2019, 05:34:14 pm »

Hello from up north @montanajoe . I miss seeing you hereabouts. Hope the summer is treating you right.

Four watermelons for me so far... Two big barn dances, and a bonfire and tailgates thing down on the river... Still green and vibrant, so hopefully no smoke this august.  :0001:

:beer: :seeya:

@roamer_1

Good to hear from you, summer going well even if my work has been taking me to Bozeman and Billings a few days a month now, to damn many people over there for me.

Getting pretty hot and dry down here,  looks like the fire season has started, didn't get any smoke from that Bannock fire yet, but been having afternoon lightening storms with little rain so that's not good..

I'll have zucchini next month in case you need any... :laugh: but I'm to high to grow watermelons.... :shrug:

Offline LMAO

« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2019, 05:35:45 pm »

@montanajoe

Everything you posted is sadly true.  It’s been that way for as far back as I can remember that the party that’s out of the White House is the party that’s concerned about deficits and debt.

Unfortunately, now neither party even pretends to even be concerned about it. I think our fiscal situation is the top long-term issue facing this country. There’s just not the political will or discipline to do anything about it and, as long as the US can borrow and print, there won’t be until economic forces pressure it
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy