Author Topic: 132 House Republicans Vote Against Trump-Pelosi Spending Deal—But House Democrats Push It Through  (Read 279 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
132 House Republicans Vote Against Trump-Pelosi Spending Deal—But House Democrats Push It Through
By Terence P. Jeffrey | July 25, 2019 | 6:33 PM EDT

(CNSNews.com) - The debt-and-spending deal that House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D.-Calif.) made with President Donald Trump and the congressional Republican leadership was rejected by a large majority of House Republicans—132 voted against it—but it was pushed to passage on Thursday with overwhelming support from House Democrats.

The final vote on the deal was 284-149.

The 284 who voted for it included 219 Democrats and 65 Republicans. The 149 who voted against it included 132 Republicans, 16 Democrats and 1 Independent.

The deal will increase discretionary federal spending in the next two fiscal years by $320 billion above the levels set in a legislative deal to lift the debt limit that was made in 2011 between then-President Barack Obama and congressional Republicans. This new debt-and-spending deal also completely suspends the debt limit until July 31, 2021.

more
https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/terence-p-jeffrey/132-house-republicans-vote-against-trump-pelosi-spending-deal-house
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Hopefully it will fail in the Senate; doubtful though.  Borrow a "limitless" amount of money?  Insanity.

For the next two years, under this legislation, the federal government will not only be able to spend more on discretionary programs (including both Defense and non-Defense programs) but will also be able to borrow a limitless amount of money.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
I've noticed that no reports or statements on this "grand compromise" actually let us know HOW MUCH will actually be spent in the next two fiscal years...

They consistently report: "$320 billion above the levels set in a legislative deal to lift the debt limit that was made in 2011..."

So, readers/listeners see/hear "$320 billion"  over two years....  I am sure that many react, even subconsciously, "that doesn't sound so bad..."

The levels of duplicity and cowardice are just continuing to ramp up more and more...

And, don't get me started on my reaction to these recent Trump Tweets about it...

I see these, example below, as an insult to the intelligence of anyone supporting him....

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

I am pleased to announce the House has passed our budget deal 284-149. Great for our Military and our Vets. A big thank you!

4:25 PM - 25 Jul 2019

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1154533077986603008

The blatant pandering ("Great for our Military and our Vets.") is disgusting.  He makes it appear that we have a bottomless pit of $$$ to just keep spending, and we should all sing his praises because he is directing some toward the military and veterans.  Simply nauseating.

One has to believe that he is assuming his potential voters all look and behave like:

« Last Edit: July 26, 2019, 05:17:51 pm by EdJames »