Author Topic: Taiwan President Arrives in US After Warning of Threat From Mainland China  (Read 231 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused

People engage in scuffles outside Grand Hyatt hotel, where Taiwan’s President Tsai Ing-wen is supposed to stay during her visit to New York City, U.S., on July 11, 2019. (Carlo Allegri/Reuters)

Free speech and everything for America, no question about that but do people honestly protest in favor of Communist China? I guess so, and I'd think some of them probably are rewarded in some way.

Taiwan President Arrives in US After Warning of Threat From Mainland China
By Reuters
July 11, 2019 

NEW YORK—Taiwanese President Tsai Ing-wen arrived in the United States on July 11 on a trip that has angered Beijing, warning that democracy must be defended and that the island faced threats from “overseas forces,” in a veiled reference to China.

China’s ruling Chinese Communist Party (CCP), which claims self-ruled and democratic Taiwan as its own and views it as a wayward province, had called on the United States not to allow Tsai to transit there on her overseas tour.

“I want to reiterate that Taiwan is not, and will never, be intimidated,” Tsai told a reception in New York for representatives of Taipei’s 17 remaining diplomatic allies, almost all small Central American, Caribbean, or Pacific nations.

Read more at: https://www.theepochtimes.com/taiwan-president-arrives-in-us-after-warning-of-threat-from-mainland-china_2999395.html