Author Topic: Yes, you can watch the 4th of July's Salute to America without the major networks  (Read 654 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
July 4, 2019
Yes, you can watch the 4th of July's Salute to America without the major networks
By Ethel C. Fenig
If a tree falls in an isolated forest but no one hears it, does it still make a sound?  If the United States, under President Donald J. Trump (R), celebrates American Independence Day, the 4th of July, with a powerful display of pride and patriotism in the nation's capital but the so called major networks refuse to televise it live, did it happen?

It's a worthy question because that's what the big networks are planning to do.

While scientists and philosophers may dispute the answer to the former question, the answer to the latter is a resounding "yes!"  Oh sure, the major broadcast networks, ABC, CBS and NBC, have other plans for those hours but might live stream parts of the festivities on their alternative sites.  And cable news channels CNN and MSNBC, proving why their viewership is tanking, ignoring the major celebration will continue with their previously planned programs, maybe, maybe interrupting them if there is what they consider major news. 

Meanwhile, Fox News, which "dominates" cable news, plans to air the entire spectacular, including Trump's speech at the Lincoln Memorial, the flyovers and more.  Hmm, is there a connection between Fox's network executives' thought processes, which understands the importance of airing the entire event live, and their increased ratings?  Hmm.  PBS and C-SPAN will also broadcast the multiple events.

Now you know which channel to watch so here is the schedule.  (All times Eastern Daylight Savings.)

National Independence Day Parade
(Constitution Avenue NW from 7th Street to 17th Street NW)
11:45 AM-2 PM

Salute to America
Lincoln Memorial
6:30-7:30 PM

A Capitol Fourth Concert
West Lawn the U.S. Capitol
8-9:30 PM

Fireworks Display
National Mall
9:07-9:42 PM

Cheers for the red, white and blue!

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2019/07/yes_you_can_watch_the_4th_of_julys_salute_to_america_without_the_major_networks.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
UPDATE: CBS, ABC, NBC and CNN Join MSNBC… Will Not Air President Trump’s July 4th Celebration
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/07/update-cbs-abc-and-nbc-join-msnbc-will-not-air-president-trumps-july-4th-celebration/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
FNC is covering the Breaking Story about the earthquake near the Mohave desert, so no coverage for the parade..
« Last Edit: July 04, 2019, 06:49:14 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Victoria33

FNC is covering the Breaking Story about the earthquake near the Mohave desert, so no coverage for the parade..
@Cyber Liberty

CNN is also covering the earthquake.  Ambulances are on the streets of Ridgecrest.  There are fires also.  If this earthquake news keeps going, some people won't go to Trump's 4th of July Trump Fest if they have friend or relatives in that part of California.  Maybe Trump will outlaw earthquakes happening when he has an event he wants on news channels. 

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Cyber Liberty

CNN is also covering the earthquake.  Ambulances are on the streets of Ridgecrest.  There are fires also.  If this earthquake news keeps going, some people won't go to Trump's 4th of July Trump Fest if they have friend or relatives in that part of California.  Maybe Trump will outlaw earthquakes happening when he has an event he wants on news channels.

So now he's King Canute?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online roamer_1

@XenaLee  found a stream here:

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,367380.msg2003101.html#msg2003101

Maybe y'all might sticky these threads or stick em above the fold so folks can find them...

@Cyber Liberty
@mystery-ak

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@XenaLee  found a stream here:

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,367380.msg2003101.html#msg2003101

Maybe y'all might sticky these threads or stick em above the fold so folks can find them...

@Cyber Liberty
@mystery-ak

Stickied in National News/Current events.  Thanks!   happy77
I will NOT comply.

Offline Victoria33

So now he's King Canute?
@Cyber Liberty

I said, "Maybe Trump will outlaw earthquakes happening when he has an event he wants on news channels."

Who is King Canute?  Here he is:
From Wikipedia: "In the story, Canute demonstrates to his flattering courtiers that he has no control over the elements (the incoming tide), explaining that secular power is vain compared to the supreme power of God. The episode is frequently alluded to in contexts where the futility of "trying to stop the tide" of an inexorable event is pointed out, but usually misrepresenting Canute as believing he had supernatural powers, when Huntingdon's story in fact relates the opposite."

Now, it is July 5.  Yesterday, July 4, before Trump spoke, rain set in.  I laughed and laughed - his "me" party was being rained on.  He stuck to his script someone else wrote, so he did fine in his rain proof box.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2019, 02:21:25 pm by Victoria33 »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Cyber Liberty

I said, "Maybe Trump will outlaw earthquakes happening when he has an event he wants on news channels."

Who is King Canute?  Here he is:
From Wikipedia: "In the story, Canute demonstrates to his flattering courtiers that he has no control over the elements (the incoming tide), explaining that secular power is vain compared to the supreme power of God. The episode is frequently alluded to in contexts where the futility of "trying to stop the tide" of an inexorable event is pointed out, but usually misrepresenting Canute as believing he had supernatural powers, when Huntingdon's story in fact relates the opposite.

Now, it is July 5.  Yesterday, July 4, before Trump spoke, rain set in.  I laughed and laughed - his "me" party was being rained on.  He stuck to his script someone else wrote, so he did fine in his rain proof box.

@Victoria33

I was totally sure you would catch that reference in exactly the manner intended.   :beer:
I will NOT comply.

Offline libertybele

I watched the President's July 4th celebration after the firework display(s) in my area.  I did a quick google search and sat and watched it.  Patriotic and a great salute from our President to this country.  Very appropriate and very touching.  He deserves a huge pat on the back.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Victoria33

@Victoria33
I was totally sure you would catch that reference in exactly the manner intended.   :beer:
@Cyber Liberty

You and I know each other.  Occasionally we disagree but we don't dump our friendship due to that.   :beer:   I drank some Bailey's Irish Creme yesterday.  Do you have some of that in your home bar?  I'd like some of that when I visit you.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Cyber Liberty

You and I know each other.  Occasionally we disagree but we don't dump our friendship due to that.   :beer:   I drank some Bailey's Irish Creme yesterday.  Do you have some of that in your home bar?  I'd like some of that when I visit you.

I sure do.  What flavor would you like?   :beer:
I will NOT comply.