Author Topic: Rise in Targeted Kidnappings Cause for Concern in Mexico City  (Read 243 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Rise in Targeted Kidnappings Cause for Concern in Mexico City
Chris Dalby

Norberto Ronquillo is believed to have been kidnapped and murdered by Las Pelonas, a gang in Mexico City

The kidnapping and murder of a university student has sparked broad concern about a rise in targeted kidnappings in Mexico City, and in particular the possible role of criminal group Las Pelonas in these crimes.

The lifeless body of Norberto Ronquillo, a marketing student at the Universidad del Pedregal, in Tlalpan, south of Mexico City, was found on June 9, a few kilometers from his university, according to the Attorney General’s Office.

Ronquillo had been kidnapped on June 4. The kidnappers demanded about $260,000 to free him, which his parents paid. But Ronquillo was never released and it is believed that he was murdered a few hours after his abduction.

Read more at: https://www.insightcrime.org/news/brief/rise-targeted-kidnappings-concern-mexico-city/

The US is fortunate in my estimation that wide scale crime like this has not spilled into the USA. Yes, we have drug trafficking, gang wars in places like Chicago over Mexican drug smuggling... Phoenix has had kidnapping problems in the past, I don't think we have it on the scale we see in Mexico.  Just my opinion.