Author Topic: Trump says supporters could 'demand' he not leave office after two terms  (Read 10779 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
"Am totally convinced that Donald Trump is the ONLY PERSON capable of truly saving this Republic."

Oh, good grief.

Well then, Karnac.....give me one other name that this opposition Party wouldn't be able to steamroll TODAY.

And I effing dare you to tell us it's Ted Cruz.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Right_in_Virginia

@Applewood

He doesn't read - has someone to read for him, so someone would have to read the constitution to him.  He always wants to be the greatest president ever- he wins here as the only president who didn't read. 

I applaud your vivid imagination.  But you shouldn't waste such talent here --- you should write the next bestselling fiction novel!   I'd not only buy it, I'd throw in the marketing for free!! 

Offline Absalom

@Applewood

He doesn't read - has someone to read for him, so someone would have to read the constitution to him.  He always wants to be the greatest president ever- he wins here as the only president who didn't read.
-------------------------------------
It's apparent from the posts of his fans that they believe foresight
and intelligence are automatically conferred when one is elected!
Whether he reads or someone else does, what's important is that
he listens, reflects and learns.
Sun-Tzu wisely asserted that to be successful leaders must know
themselves as well as their enemies.
How is Trump doing???????????????

Offline libertybele

Well then, Karnac.....give me one other name that this opposition Party wouldn't be able to steamroll TODAY.

And I effing dare you to tell us it's Ted Cruz.

I'm not Karnac but .... here it goes  .... TED CRUZ    :tongue2:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
Sun-Tzu wisely asserted that to be successful leaders must know
themselves as well as their enemies.
How is Trump doing???????????????
@Absalom
Forget it. Today's political (lack of) class probably thinks Sun-Tzu is some imported car threatening the markets elsewhere.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I'm not Karnac but .... here it goes  .... TED CRUZ    :tongue2:

I very much respect and like Cruz, but I think he would have been eaten alive.   He is a decent,  honest man and that may not be what is called for right now.   We need "crafty like a serpent" right now.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I very much respect and like Cruz, but I think he would have been eaten alive.   He is a decent,  honest man and that may not be what is called for right now.   We need "crafty like a serpent" right now.

Totally agree.   These times call for an bleep, not a "decent, honest man"

I prefer, "crafty like a fox" much better, @Sanguine    :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline libertybele

That is something that of course we will never know. One thing Cruz would have had going for him out of the gate was his knowledge of the Constitution, and how the government functions.  I think he would have also known to immediately dismiss as many people as possible from the previous administration. His cabinet picks may have been better and he may have selected differently for the SCOTUS.

Who knows.  I still think Trump/Cruz would have made a dynamic team and the leftists wouldn't have known what hit them. 

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Then you will get the evil you deserve. Yes, evil.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Cruz ran a dirty campaign, got dirtier with every state, saying Carson was dropping out in Iowa, saying Rubio was dropping out in Hawaii, the Bible incident with Rubio, saying Kasich was being funded by Soros and the list goes on.  Honesty and decency don't come to mind.  I supported Cruz most of the way but got pretty tired of his being in the news for the wrong reasons.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2019, 09:00:13 pm by TomSea »

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist

:bigsilly:

You think that Trump is "evil?"

Offline berdie

Cruz ran a dirty campaign, got dirtier with every state, saying Carson was dropping out in Iowa, saying Rubio was dropping out in Hawaii, the Bible incident with Rubio, saying Kasich was being funded by Soros and the list goes on.  Honesty and decency don't come to mind.  I supported Cruz most of the way but got pretty tired of his being in the news for the wrong reasons.

I think the operative phrase here @TomSea is "in the news". No way they could have lied./s

Offline libertybele

Ok ... but our current President is of course Trump.  So do you honestly think that any of the DEM candidates running are any less 'evil'??? 

P.S.  I went to the mailbox for my father-in-law -- he get's publications like "Mother Jones" and he also received a letter from Pelosi along with a request of course for $$ and a survey.

One of the questions on the survey as a priority for the House DEM to work on in 2019:

Investigating Russian influence in the 2016 campaign and the Trump cover up.

My question is, when does their 'evil' stop?  There are other questions that have to do with climate change, gun violence, immigration rights, etc., but that question stood out the most.

Offline EasyAce

Cruz ran a dirty campaign, got dirtier with every state . . . Honesty and decency don't come to mind.  I supported Cruz most of the way but got pretty tired of his being in the news for the wrong reasons.
It also became easy to dismiss Cruz as a mealymouthed squish coming out of the closet when he had little more than the most tepid responses to Tweety Trump accusing his father of complicity in John F. Kennedy's assassination and insulting his wife. I like to think of myself as a man of reason who limits the drama in his life to a musical improvisation, a baseball game, a movie, or an old-time radio show. But accuse my father of something with which he had nothing to do, or insult my wife (assuming I'm married at the time), and you won't have me saying of you, "I think he's terrific, I think he's brash, I think he speaks the truth," even if I'd just made a try at the White House---you'll have me putting you into traction.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2019, 09:39:01 pm by EasyAce »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Show some respect for our president.
WWW.MAGAPILL.COM

Sorry bud....  respect is an earned commodity
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline libertybele

I think the operative phrase here @TomSea is "in the news". No way they could have lied./s

I could answer, that well we all know that Trump ran such a honest and dignified campaign, but I'll refrain.   :silly:

Offline EasyAce

Sorry bud....  respect is an earned commodity
Respect for the office of the presidency does not bind anyone to respect for any miscreant who happens to hold it.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

At least in your mind anyway...

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Respect for the office of the presidency does not bind anyone to respect for any miscreant who happens to hold it.

We need Trump to lose so we can get a Democrat in there and have another scandal free Administration.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline EasyAce

We need Trump to lose so we can get a Democrat in there and have another scandal free Administration.
You know good and goddam well that was not my inference.  wink777

Offline libertybele

Dang nabbit!

Offline Night Hides Not

You’re either for Trump, or against him. There’s no in between. If you didn’t vote for him, the inference is that you wanted Hillary to win.

Trump and his acolytes threw some really nasty attacks at Ted’s wife and father, and his Brigadiers jumped on it like pit bulls.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

It would make my life easier because there would be no more Trump War.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline skeeter

It never ceases to amaze me how two people, ostensible on the same general side of the political continuum as you and I are, can see things so completely differently.

Offline Axeslinger

It would make my life easier because there would be no more Trump War.
@Cyber Liberty
Thank you for your efforts CL
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson