Author Topic: President Hassan Rouhani says Iran will stop complying with some parts of nuclear deal  (Read 432 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
President Hassan Rouhani says Iran will stop complying with some parts of nuclear deal
Kim Hjelmgaard and Deirdre Shesgreen, USA TODAY Published 3:16 a.m. ET May 8, 2019 | Updated 1:22 p.m. ET May 8, 2019

Iran's president announced on Wednesday that the nation would stop complying with two provisions in the nuclear accord it signed with world powers as President Donald Trump's administration has ratcheted up economic and military pressure on Tehran.

Hassan Rouhani said his country would reduce its compliance with the 2015 deal in response to new restrictions imposed by the Trump administration. The declaration came on the one-year anniversary of Trump's complete, unilateral withdrawal from an agreement that limited Iran's nuclear program in return for sanctions relief.

Rouhani said Iran will start keeping excess low-enriched uranium and "heavy water" from its nuclear program inside the country – as opposed to selling it internationally – in a move that effectively amounts to a partial breach of the deal. The Trump administration just last week said it would sanction any country or business that purchased those products from Iran, making the regime's step on Wednesday essentially inevitable.

Read more at: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2019/05/08/iran-nuclear-deal-tehran-stop-complying-after-trump-withdrawal/1138638001/

Cruz, Rubio, others surely respond to this as well, Senator Cotton issued this statement:

“Europe must not give in to Tehran’s nuclear blackmail as the ayatollahs threaten to renew their rush toward the bomb. The United Kingdom, Germany, and France ought to walk away from their financial backchannels with Iran and join the United States in imposing maximum pressure on the regime. The United States will remain steadfast in its approach until Iran abandons its nuclear and missile programs and support for terrorism.”   

https://www.cotton.senate.gov/?p=press_release&id=1115

Online dfwgator

As if they were ever complying.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Iran never abided to any agreement, not for a minute.

And our so called allies, France, Breat Britain and Germany would sell their mother or daughter to make a dime.  The only time these three nations are allies is when they need USA help, otherwise they usually stand opposite the USA. 

Iran is the single greatest enemy to western civilization, for they are the leading spnsor of Islamic terror, with Saudi Arabia being a close second. 

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
How can they stop if they never started?

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
How can they stop if they never started?

Akin to wiping your butt before you poo.....  It don't make any sense. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
It’s been my opinion that they’ve been farming out a lot of the work to North Korea. That allowed them to say they were, technically, in compliance. Not long after the successful NK test collapsed the mountain, Iran started to ramp up their testing of ballistic missiles. I doubt that was a coincidence.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
How can you stop doing that which you have never done?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien