Author Topic: Trump failed to press Saudi Arabia and now a student is dead, lawmaker says  (Read 338 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Trump failed to press Saudi Arabia and now a student is dead, lawmaker says
By Ali Harb in Washington

Michigan legislator had urged White House to halt execution of Saudi student set to attend university in his district

Mutjaba al-Sweikat, who was executed last week, had been accepted to Western Michigan University (AFP/File photo)

Published date: 29 April 2019 20:48 UTC | Last update: 1 min 22 sec ago

A Michigan lawmaker has accused Donald Trump of failing to halt the execution of Mutjaba al-Sweikat, a Saudi student who was set to attend university in the midwestern US state.

Jon Hoadley wrote a letter to the White House in 2017 asking the US president to intervene in al-Sweikat's case. But that request was ignored, Hoadley told Middle East Eye in a telephone interview on Monday.

And last week, Sweikat - who had been accepted to attend Western Michigan University in Kalamazoo - was beheaded after years in Saudi jail, where rights groups say he endured vicious acts of torture.

Read more at: https://www.middleeasteye.net/news/trump-failed-press-saudi-arabia-and-now-student-dead-lawmaker-says

Almost, maybe not all, of those executed last week were Shiites. I suspect Sweikat was probably a Shia.  So, we can study it for ourselves.

Again, Posted Articles does not indicate agreement with them.

If I were Prez. I definitely hope the merits, pros and the cons were looked at. He or the Department of State might have had some leverage here but what about for the other prisoners? This too, could be called meddling in a countries eternal affairs. We've had, at least the Pope I believe say we shouldn't execute someone. Maybe Mexico too.  And I can think of further related instances, "UK or Germany will extradite someone if we agree not to execute them", that's a bit faint in my memory.

Offline skeeter

Golly now Trump is responsible for all unjustice everywhere on the planet. How long must the world suffer this horrible horrible man.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Kalamazoo must have turned into a real Moslem sewer since I went to WMU.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: