Author Topic: Majority say they're open to re-electing Trump  (Read 1259 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Majority say they're open to re-electing Trump
« on: March 25, 2019, 07:15:42 pm »
3/25/2019

A majority of registered voters in a new poll say they would consider voting President Trump into a second term.

Fifty-four percent in the Hill-HarrisX survey released Monday said they would think about voting for Trump, though 46 percent of registered voters said they would not even consider casting a ballot for the president.

The polling was conducted before a summary of special counsel Robert Mueller's conclusions were released. That summary reported that Mueller did not find evidence of collusion between Trump's campaign and Russia, a huge win for the president.

People who said they backed Trump in 2016 are likely to back him again.

Ninety-five percent of respondents who said they had picked Trump in his first run for office said they would vote for him again in 2020.

The vast majority of respondents who cast ballots for Trump's former Democratic rival, Hillary Clinton, said they would not vote to re-elect him, though a somewhat sizable minority is at least open to the idea.

more
https://thehill.com/hilltv/what-americas-thinking/435659-a-small-majority-of-americans-say-theyre-open-to-the-idea-of-re
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline aligncare

Re: Majority say they're open to re-electing Trump
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2019, 07:29:28 pm »
Trump ought to send Mueller a gift basket. The release of the special counsel’s findings guarantees President Trump’s reelection. And while he’s at it send some chocolates to Jerry Nadler and Adam Schiff. As the face of the rabid democrats, their overreaching calls for committee investigations into Trump’s past business operations puts a big ribbon on the GOP retaking the House.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2019, 08:21:42 pm by aligncare »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2019, 08:03:13 pm »
Trump ought to send Mueller a gift basket. The release of the special counsel’s findings guarantees President Trump’s reelection. And while he’s at it send some chocolates to Jerry Nadler and Adam Schiff. As the face of the rabid democrats, their constant calls for committee investigations into Trump’s past business operations puts a big ribbon on the GOP retaking the House.

...and in Mueller's gift basket should be a subpoena!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2019, 08:06:13 pm »
Trump ought to send Mueller a gift basket.
After all the times Trump slimed Mueller?  You bet he should.  We agree.
Congratulations to President Trump on capturing a majority of voters to admit they are open to the thought of re-electing him.
The release of the special counsel’s findings guarantees President Trump’s reelection.  And while he’s at it send some chocolates to Jerry Nadler and Adam Schiff. As the face of the rabid democrats, their constant calls for committee investigations into Trump’s past business operations puts a big ribbon on the GOP retaking the House.
I think the President's tepid popularity is a likely to stumble without a strong adversary to tweet against.  I'm not sure the rats are up to that challenge.  Without a worthy excuse for the President's long standing failure to actually do much that he promised, besides judges, Trump becomes an even less compelling figure.  It started amazing, but this could turn out to be the most boring season of Trump so far. 
« Last Edit: March 25, 2019, 08:07:27 pm by Once-Ler »

Offline aligncare

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2019, 08:15:45 pm »
Congratulations to President Trump on capturing a majority of voters to admit they are open to the thought of re-electing him. I think the President's tepid popularity is a likely to stumble without a strong adversary to tweet against.  I'm not sure the rats are up to that challenge.  Without a worthy excuse for the President's long standing failure to actually do much that he promised, besides judges, Trump becomes an even less compelling figure.  It started amazing, but this could turn out to be the most boring season of Trump so far. 

Sorry, friend. Why should I believe anything you say? You (along with a many other NeverTrumpers around here) have been wrong about Trump for three years. What makes you think you’re capable of making the right call now?

I, on the other hand, have been right about Trump at every juncture.

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2019, 08:33:18 pm »
Sorry, friend. Why should I believe anything you say? You (along with a many other NeverTrumpers around here) have been wrong about Trump for three years. What makes you think you’re capable of making the right call now?

I, on the other hand, have been right about Trump at every juncture.
Congratulations on your winning streak.

I don't expect you to believe me, nor was I predicting the future.   I was just making conversation.

Also I have not been wrong about Trump for 3 years.  I was wrong about him and the voters 3 years ago.  I said we (I was a Republican back then) would lose the House in 2018 and I was right then.  You'll need to be more specific about what else you think I'm wrong about for further clarifications.

Also you don't sound very friendly, friend.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2019, 08:56:50 pm »
Congratulations to President Trump on capturing a majority of voters to admit they are open to the thought of re-electing him. I think the President's tepid popularity is a likely to stumble without a strong adversary to tweet against.  I'm not sure the rats are up to that challenge.  Without a worthy excuse for the President's long standing failure to actually do much that he promised, besides judges, Trump becomes an even less compelling figure.  It started amazing, but this could turn out to be the most boring season of Trump so far.

@Once-Ler, I think Trump needs to be given credit for leading in spite of all the crap thrown at him.  He has turned the economy around, lowered unemployment to historical lows, created jobs, stopped the Iran nuke deal, we are again allies with Israel, the Fat Man in Korea is in check, Bammycare has been for the most part dismantled, tax cuts, corporations are coming back ... yes the wall is still an issue.  Hugely!

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2019, 09:05:55 pm »
No undecideds?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2019, 09:22:09 pm »
@Once-Ler, I think Trump needs to be given credit for leading in spite of all the crap thrown at him.  He has turned the economy around, lowered unemployment to historical lows, created jobs, stopped the Iran nuke deal, we are again allies with Israel, the Fat Man in Korea is in check, Bammycare has been for the most part dismantled, tax cuts, corporations are coming back ... yes the wall is still an issue.  Hugely!
@libertybele

Build the Wall
Drain the Swamp
Repeal and Replace
Lock Her Up
Great Trade Deals
Eliminate the Federal Debt in 8 years

You credit Trump with the Economy and taxes, and I don't apart from signing Ryan's hastily crafted bill, and some government cuts to regulation by Executive Order that I don't know how to quantify.
NK is not in check
Israel is nice but I was promised the stuff on my list and told it would be so easy.

I also I don't give Trump credit because crap is thrown at him.  In many ways he brings it upon himself, but you are entitled to your opinion.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2019, 09:24:21 pm »

I said we .... would lose the House in 2018 and I was right then. 

That is not particularly much of an insight, since it predictably usually happens.

Trump or no Trump. In 2018 under Trump it was LESS than other midterm losses, recently.

Perhaps your TDS clouds your judgment, without you realizing it?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline libertybele

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2019, 09:24:40 pm »
@libertybele

Build the Wall
Drain the Swamp
Repeal and Replace
Lock Her Up
Great Trade Deals

You credit Trump with the Economy and taxes, and I don't apart from signing Ryan's hastily crafted bill, and some government cuts to regulation by Executive Order that I don't know how to quantify.
NK is not in check
Israel is nice but I was promised the stuff on my list and told it would be so easy.

I also I don't give Trump credit because crap is thrown at him.  In many ways he brings it upon himself, but you are entitled to your opinion.

@Once-Ler .... he hasn't even finished his first term!

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2019, 09:33:25 pm »
@Once-Ler .... he hasn't even finished his first term!
If your satisfied with the pace of his "success" fine.  The man also has huge character defects that keep me from considering a vote for him in 18 months.

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2019, 09:42:40 pm »
That is not particularly much of an insight, since it predictably usually happens.

Trump or no Trump. In 2018 under Trump it was LESS than other midterm losses, recently.

There were some predicting the GOP would retain the House.
https://thehill.com/hilltv/rising/414649-pence-declares-gop-will-retain-control-of-the-house
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/rush-limbaugh-predicts-gop-will-hold-house-make-gains-in-senate
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-10-11/trump-confident-gop-will-be-successful-keeping-control-of-house

Not you, of course, because you "have been right about Trump at every juncture."  Even when the President was wrong.

Perhaps your TDS clouds your judgment, without you realizing it?
Perhaps so my friend.  A 3 year winning streak and generous with physiological analysis.   888heartkitty  You truly are blessed. 

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2019, 11:03:24 pm »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2019, 11:10:05 pm »
@libertybele

Build the Wall
Drain the Swamp
Repeal and Replace
Lock Her Up
Great Trade Deals

NK is not in check

Trump didn't do all that in the first 100 days in office...get a rope.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline corbe

« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2019, 03:04:49 am »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2019, 04:08:42 am »
No undecideds?

Fifty-four percent in the Hill-HarrisX survey released Monday said they would think about voting for Trump, though 46 percent of registered voters said they would not even consider casting a ballot for the president.

They're in the 54%.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2019, 11:46:36 am »

They're in the 54%.
That's kind of what I figured... but it's kind of a dishonest way to conduct a poll, don't you think?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024