Author Topic: Leaked schedule: Trump spent 300 hours in 'executive time' since 2018 elections  (Read 3407 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Leaked schedule: Trump spent 300 hours in 'executive time' since 2018 elections
by Naomi Lim
 | February 03, 2019 03:05 PM
 | Updated Feb 03, 2019, 03:43 PM

The majority of President Trump's scheduled time during the past three months in the White House has been spent in unstructured "executive time," according to a leak.

Since the 2018 midterm elections, Trump spent almost 300 hours in executive time -- or time for which nothing was planned for the president -- Axios reported Sunday. The outlet obtained Trump's private schedules dating back to Nov. 7, the day after the midterm elections.

During the same time frame, the president spent 77 hours in meetings, which have given him and his staff the opportunity to plan policy, legislative strategy, and video recordings.

One senior White House official said the schedules don't reflect all of Trump's engagements as some of discussions are arranged at the last-minute, while others are deliberately only included on a more detailed calendar circulated among a tighter circle of staff out of fear of West Wing leaks.

White House press secretary Sarah Sanders attributed the timetable to Trump's "different leadership style," adding "the results speak for themselves."

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/leaked-schedule-trump-spent-300-hours-in-executive-time-since-2018-elections
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

The big difference is, what President Trump is doing for this country for the most part is productive, as opposed to his predecessor who was counter-productive.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Frank Cannon

LOL. What a bucket of worthless information. Trump is about as engaged as any President I can remember.

Offline montanajoe

LOL. What a bucket of worthless information. Trump is about as engaged as any President I can remember.

Course we all know your memory ani't worth a shit... :shrug:

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
The timeframe is noted as being after the midterms. Not much is going to happen during a lame duck session and congressional recess, anyway.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

How many hours did the President spend in non-executive time?

How many hours was the government shut down since the 2018 election?  I reckon about 300 hours.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 02:50:46 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

"The executive Power shall be vested in a President of the United States of America. "

Seems pretty clear.

I couldn't find a quote about how the Congress should party in a territory while the gov't was "shutdown"
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
'A disgraceful breach of trust': Trump's personal secretary blasts leak of the president's private schedule that shows he spent 60% of the last three months in 'executive time'

Donald Trump spent 60 percent of the last three months in 'executive time,' leaked schedules revealed 
    'Executive time' is the term administration staff use to describe the president's unstructured time, used for private meetings, phone calls, or watching news
    His personal secretary tweeted in defense of the president, saying he's 'working harder for the American people than anyone in recent history'
    Madeleine Westerhout, 28, is also the Director of Oval Office Operations   
    White House press secretary Sarah Sanders said that Trump had a 'different leadership style' and needed to create a 'creative environment'
    The president's first meeting of the day is usually around 11 or 11:30 a.m.
    Westerhout called the leak a 'disgraceful breach of trust' Sunday afternoon 

By Dailymail.com Reporter

Published: 01:01 EST, 4 February 2019 | Updated: 02:39 EST, 4 February 2019

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6664465/Trumps-personal-secretary-blasts-leak-presidents-private-schedule-breach-trust.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Obama spent most of his time in the WH playing golf, partying (fundraising), or on vacation, and nobody ever dared to question it. However Trump, being a White Christian guy, is fair game.

Still remember how everyone would celebrate whenever Obama went on vacation. The more that guy spent goofing off, the better it would be for America and the World. And he did not disappoint. I think Obama spent twice as much time playing than he ever did working. And that's a good thing.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

No one was whining when the President was crisscrossing the country in November to keep the Senate in Republican hands.

This is bullshit.  So, I'll go out on a limb and predict a 27 page thread.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

He accomplished a lot more in 'executive time' than most presidents do in any time.

At least he wasn't smoking pot and watching basketball all day long.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline aligncare

...well, as I understand it, Obama was nearly 95 percent in executive time. But about this, all we ever heard were crickets.

Seems Obama never did get a media anal exam but Trump’s exam sure goes all up into his small intestines, stomach and esophagus.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 08:50:01 am by aligncare »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
...well, as I understand it, Obama was nearly 95 percent in executive time. But about this all we ever heard were crickets.

Seems Obama never did get a media anal exam but Trump’s exam sure goes all up into his small intestines, stomach and esophagus.

So much Trump hate; so little time.

How many movie and TV stars have chosen to alienate half their audience with mindless attacks on Trump?  They won't get that back.  They're on a lot of 'do not watch' lists, including mine.

Every attack on Trump like this one only revives memories of previous democrat leaders and presidents. I think Truman may be the last democrat president without a shady sexual history, so they're taking a chance bringing up things Trump said but did not do.

They can't very well focus on Trump's down time without everyone remembering the almost non-existent 'up time' Obama had.

Or without an older memory of Clinton's down time ... way down time.

Offline skeeter

He accomplished a lot more in 'executive time' than most presidents do in any time.

I remember the media swooning over Obama's cool March Madness brackets.

Offline corbe

You say that like it's a bad thing.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Him taking his wife into the danger zone to visit the troops over the holidays gets him a huge pass, IMO.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Night Hides Not

I remember the media swooning over Obama's cool March Madness brackets.

And I loved the way Obama's brackets blew up after not picking the Zags.  :rolling:
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline skeeter

And I loved the way Obama's brackets blew up after not picking the Zags.  :rolling:

Sorry...

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

You say that like it's a bad thing.

It is totally fine if you are @corbe   Not so much if you are playing the role of President of the U.S.

Offline corbe

I often wonder if you would you feel better about me if I ate Fast Food and watched Fox&Friends?  @Emjay  wink777
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Victoria33

It has come out before this that he watches TV to get news as he doesn't read, then makes tweets about whatever he has seen/heard.  The serious part is he makes policy or changes his policies based on what is seen/heard on Fox news and what commentators say.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
It has come out before this that he watches TV to get news as he doesn't read, then makes tweets about whatever he has seen/heard.  The serious part is he makes policy or changes his policies based on what is seen/heard on Fox news and what commentators say.

From what I've seen of his advisors, Fox news may be his best bet.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline libertybele

He gets his briefings from his advisors verbally. So I can see where if the news gets it wrong, that he'd let everyone know.  Not really a bad thing.  I'm not quite so sure I agree with the idea that he bases his ideas on FOX news....he may tweet his reaction, but I don't think he bases his decision on a news channel.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
   I often wonder if you would you feel better about me if I ate Fast Food and watched Fox&Friends?  @Emjay  wink777

I assumed you did @corbe.  So what DO you eat and what DO you watch?  I hope not reality TV.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

That is something only a demented NTer would believe and I know you are not demented.

Which of Trump's policies are you against?  Not counting the fact that he is Trump.