Author Topic: Rush: Republicans Didn’t Want to Fight the Culture Wars and Now Infanticide Is Legal in New York  (Read 719 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Republicans Didn’t Want to Fight the Culture Wars and Now Infanticide Is Legal in New York

Jan 24, 2019

RUSH I came across a piece today… In fact, it may be time to do this. I was gonna do this later on in the program, because it really doesn’t tie into anything, except it just did. It ties into something else here, but this is exactly what real resistance looks like. We haven’t had any resistance on our side. The Covington kids story is a classic illustration of why we’re not even on the field. The Democrats are on the field moving the ball.

Our party isn’t on the field. Our media, conservative media is all we have. But, you know, we’re the cheerleaders. We’re on the sidelines. We’re not running for office. We don’t get votes. We don’t have offices in the capital. Donald Trump is it, and he’s got no support. Remember when Karl Rove and George W. Bush would not respond to any of the criticism? I mean, and some of it was vile, slanderous and libelous.

It was… (sigh) It was depravity. They wouldn’t respond to it because they didn’t want to sully the great office of the presidency by taking it into the gutter of politics, and so the media and the left pretty much had free rein. They were allowed to attack and say whatever they want about Bush — and, by extension, us, voters. We were never defended, either. I’ll give you another example. Do you remember the construction of, “Well, I am a social liberal but a fiscal conservative.”

Remember that, by people on our side — and who was it saying that? Well, the so-called moderates who are embarrassed by pro-lifers and conservatives. So these were the people constantly bellyaching. (impression) “You’ve gotta stop talking about abortion! We’re losing! We’re getting our butts kicked! Abortion? Just get rid of it! It’s never gonna change anyway. You gotta stop!” These guys, their wives were nagged them and all. These were moderate so-called Republicans. Hell, I ran into it all the time.

I can’t tell you the number of moderate — so-called moderate — Republican women who wouldn’t know fighting back against the Democrats if their kid lives depended on it, coming up to me, “You gotta stop talking about abortion and you gotta get them to stop! It’s killing us. We’re never gonna win a thing.” So the thinking was that if we would just stop talking about “the social issues,” which is where we were losing everything! That’s where the culture war was taking, was where we were losing our society, losing our morality, losing our culture.

And our side has this massive contingent that wanted to give it up, not fight for it because fiscal conservatism, money, the economy. “That’s how people won elections, not on this social stuff.” So the great moderates on our side were constantly advocating, “Forget the social issues. Don’t talk about abortion. It embarrasses me. It embarrasses us. We have to go to convention and hang around those people. We need to focus on the economy. We need to focus on telling people we’re best for their back pockets.” So that the left was never engaged, folks, except from the sidelines by us.

The left was never engaged, and they still aren’t being, other than by Trump, as they attempt to essentially destroy — literally blow up — the moral foundation of the founding of this country. While the left is largely to blame for it because of what they’ve done, by the same token, Never-Trump conservatives and Republican moderates are also responsible for the state of it because they have not done anything to stop it. Years and years and years of not resisting it, not fighting back, acquiescing. “Yeah, I’m a social liberal but a fiscal conservative.”

They were this demanding we not push back, not even on abortion! Demanding we forget that so as not to lose the moderates in the upcoming election. Well, guess what’s happened? The left has now bullied and conquered all the moderates and turned them into budding young leftists. There aren’t any moderates anymore, have you noticed? There’s a greater partisan divide now than there was even in the 1960s. My point is, the left in this country has not had any political opposition. They’ve had media opposition from us on the sidelines, but we’re not on the field.

And I’m not making excuses. I’m suggesting to you that we have not had… The left looks like they’ve steamrollered us like a hot knife through butter. It’s only because nobody has ever attempted to stop ’em, except maybe on the pages of magazines or in policy papers published by think tanks that nobody reads. But in terms of actually fighting back on the specifics and on the aggression of the left? It’s not even a matter of fighting back. They haven’t even been on the field.

Only conservative media — alternative media, it’s called — has been opposed. But we’re not on the playing field, folks, honest to God. Because, you know, we’re not seeking office, getting votes. We don’t have offices there and votes, and so we’re not there. All we can do is try to rev up as many voters as we can to oppose the left but we’re doing it alone — and let me tell you how it manifests itself. Are you aware of the…? What is the name of this bill? It’s something passed in New York. It is the…

Well, I don’t know the name of the bill. But this was in the New York Senate yesterday. Ready for this? “By a vote of 38-24, abortion was voted on in the New York Senate to be added to the New York Constitution as a constitutional right.” But wait. We’re just getting started. The New York State Senate yesterday voted 38-24 “to allow nonphysicians to perform abortions.” The New York State Senate voted yesterday 38-24 “to allow abortion through the third trimester.”

But the pure evil is in the last part of the bill. The New York State Senate voted 38-24 yesterday “to repeal protections for babies that survive abortions.” The abortion business in New York has just been voted on as constitutional by the New York State Senate. Now, here in Florida, I could be minding my own business and a cop can come to my front gate and demand to come into my backyard and check my lights if there is an allegation that one turtle egg might hatch and not go to the ocean.

I can be… Any of us here who live on the coast, for eight months a year are threatened with all kinds of punishment. We’re reminded constantly every February, ’cause the restrictions go into place on March 1st. One turtle egg hatches, and the little turtle hatchling goes the wrong direction, and we are guilty of a crime if we’ve had our lights on too powerfully. But killing a baby in New York after it survives an abortion is legal — and was applauded in a standing ovation in the New York State Senate chamber.

They were celebrating. I think the move is that you can now get a legal abortion in New York up to your due date. Now, this is the Senate. This is just the State Senate vote we’re talking about. This is what happens when there’s no pushback, and our side was telling us to abandon this! It was the focal point and the crux of the culture war. The entire fight over the value of life, the value of human life — which has now, on the left, becomes secondary in status to turtle eggs in south Florida or to any number of other of animals in certain circumstances.

The ability to go ahead and kill a child that survives an abortion gets a standing ovation. Now, we’re told years ago that the Republican Party’s killing itself by resisting this and trying to oppose this. “Just forget it! Let’s focus on our fiscal conservatism. That’s how we’ll win elections, ’cause there’s all kinds of moderates out there. They care about their back pockets more than they do abortion. We’re scaring ’em off talk about abortion. We need to focus on the economy.” So now we’ve got an entire so-called conservative movement which doesn’t resist anything.

And in fact, its first inclination is to side with the left rather than be embarrassed and oppose the left. In a late-term abortion, which New York has just legalized in the State Senate, the baby’s killed. Delivery is induced. They deliver the child anyway after they have terminated life. My question, why bother with it? If you can legally kill a fetus after it’s born, then why not just wait to do that? Why go through this whole abortion business in the first place?

I mean, this law’s allowing doctors to deliver the child and then end its life, if that was the intention. And then you suggest, “Hey, if you’re gonna do that be deliver the child, put it up for adoption.” “Get outta here! No way. You don’t have the right to tell us about adoption.” They’ll shoot down adoption as an option faster than you can bring it up. What kind of people cheer this? But you should see ’em. There’s a little video, a looped gif file, that shows standing ovations throughout the New York State Senate chamber when all this was announced.

And we were told, “Don’t stand up! Don’t resist this. Oh, no, no, no! Social liberal, fiscal conservative. That’s who we are. Yeah, that’s what we’ve been.” Even now, I’ll bet you this isn’t gonna bother any people. But this is why the left appears to be winning with no opposition (chuckles) because they really haven’t had any. We’ve been voting for people promising to oppose but it really hasn’t manifested. That’s why nobody is gonna abandon Donald Trump, ’cause he is it, the only one who pushes back.

This is what it looks like. I told you after he was elected: It’s not gonna be pretty. You can’t go back and relive the past, but some of this… It’s a shame. It should not have ever happened. If there were just some simple opposition fighting for the hearts and minds of the American people, engaging these people in their depravity. It didn’t happen, except in conservative media — which, of course, the left has done its best to disabuse and impugn and destroy credibility.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: I just got some of the most incredible emails. “Rush, how can they…? How can they do this? How can somebody know their due date is Saturday and then go kill their baby on Thursday? What doctor would you do this?” Okay. In New York State, it’s now constitutional for a nondoctor to do an abortion. So you don’t need a doctor without a conscience.

But, folks, I don’t know how many times — and I took so much heat. I’m not complaining. I’m just reliving it here. I’m recounting it. It almost was as bad as when I didn’t support Perot back in 1992, and people threatening to leave the audience. Same thing. “If you don’t stop talking about this abortion stuff, Rush, you’re gonna lose half of us!”

But I persisted, because if we’re not gonna stand up for life (chuckles), then what other aspect of our politics or existence is worth defending? But, anyway, I tried to point out to people that this is why there are things like “the unviable tissue mass.” “It’s not a baby. It’s not even human. Why, who knows when conception really happens?” All these arguments were designed to tell women that they weren’t really carrying human babies.

“You’re not aborting a child. You’re getting rid of an illness.” Remember that?

“It’s an illness!”

Remember Planned Parenthood and the feminazis running around detailing all the horrible things that can happen to women because of pregnancy? We had the unviable tissue mass, and then basically a man’s got no right — a father has no right — in any of this. It’s a woman’s body, and she’s the only one can do anything about it. And as to how do you abort something on Thursday when your due date is on Friday, Saturday. Well, part and parcel of the magic the left pulled off on this was to convince — and these are poor women doing this.

That’s another thing.

“It doesn’t matter! You want to bring a child, poor child into this squalid house you live in, into this horrible neighborhood. You don’t want to bring a child into this.” They did every trick in the book to further this. It got to the point where even legally, they would tell women, “If you don’t want it, it doesn’t exist. If you don’t want the child, then it’s not even really there. There’s no problem with aborting it,” and that became determinant. If you wanted it, then it totally became a different thing. If you didn’t want it, it never was a baby.

It was some of these other things, and we just answered, “Fiscal conservatism! That’s our trick. That’s our answer. Fiscal conservatism.”

Right.

https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2019/01/24/republicans-didnt-want-to-fight-the-culture-wars-and-now-infanticide-is-legal-in-new-york/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I now refer this as The NY Holocaust...infant genocide
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Disgusting, unbelievable. The cruel events are what's of importance here but I wonder how this is going to play out countrywide. Almost all, well, let's say a lot of people disgusted including a lot of pro-choicers.  This is going too far.

NY is shaming the nation too, people around the world can say "Oh, look at those Americans"; and even before this, Roe v Wade is rather lax and lenient law compared to a lot of places. Boycotts are being set up, I hope they can have some effect. Maybe this is another case, where a leader is detached? Or big money from planned parenthood.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2019, 04:14:00 pm by TomSea »

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
There's no point in fighting a battle we've already lost. The worst part is, because we lost, God won't have mercy on us, either.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Potentially, this could ignite the pro-life side more. Some progress being made in places...... so, in itself, it is a civil war in itself.

This too, is what scares me about the democrats, this extremism.