Author Topic: BREAKING: President Trump will deliver his #SOTU as planned, despite Pelosi’s attempt to stop him  (Read 3034 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Michael J. Morrison
‏ @OfficeOfMike
6m6 minutes ago

BREAKING: President Trump will deliver his #SOTU as planned, despite Pelosi’s attempt to stop him - Fox

Just breaking on Fox.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Hallelujah!  Great news if true!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline rustynail

She and Steny will stand in front of  the chamber like democrat
George Wallace standing in the schoolhouse door.

Offline skeeter

That ought to be a hugely watched show.

Offline the_doc

BREAKING: President Trump will deliver his #SOTU as planned, despite Pelosi’s attempt to stop him - Fox

What time will it be aired?  (I've been out of touch with miscellaneous news for several days.)

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Good! Will the two embalmed stiffs that used after Trump's last speech give the dem/com response? Pretty please?
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Just write up a report, print it, and hand it to congress and be done with it.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
No one has reported this other than Fox...I hope they are right...looking for updates now
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Published 27 mins ago
White House planning to proceed with State of the Union, but details up in the air after Pelosi threat

By Alex Pappas, John Roberts | Fox News

The White House is still planning to move ahead with next week’s scheduled State of the Union address, but the details remain up in the air after House Speaker Nancy Pelosi strongly urged the president to delay the speech or submit it in writing amid the government shutdown fight.

According to multiple sources, it remains unclear whether the address scheduled for Jan. 29 will in fact go forward, or what venue it would be in.

“We are still in a holding pattern,” one senior source said.

But Fox News has learned that the White House sent a letter to the House Sergeant at Arms asking to schedule a walk-through for next week’s planned address. This comes after a previously scheduled walkthrough last week was canceled at Pelosi’s request.

At the moment, President Trump intends to be at the Capitol next Tuesday to deliver his speech as scheduled, sources said.

Ultimately, whether the speech is given on the House floor is "up to Pelosi," one source said.

In an appearance on Fox News on Tuesday, White House Deputy Press Secretary Hogan Gidley suggested the president could move the location of the speech should Pelosi block it in the House.

“There are many ways he can deliver the State of the Union address,” Gidley said on "America's Newsroom." “I’m not going to get ahead of anything he would announce.”

Gidley accused Pelosi of “trying to play politics with that venue.” He also dinged the speaker for suggesting it may be difficult to provide security for the event because of the partial government shutdown.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/white-house-planning-to-proceed-with-state-of-the-union-but-details-up-in-air-after-pelosi-threat

Support the USO

Offline the_doc

No one has reported this other than Fox...I hope they are right...looking for updates now

There was never a doubt in my mind that our POTUS would find a way off with which to pull it.

I'm expecting bombshells from Trump.  (So is Pelosi--which would explain why she made her lame attempt to keep him off the air.)

Online mountaineer

Just write up a report, print it, and hand it to congress and be done with it.
That's an option,  but not really a viable one after Pelosi's temper tantrum.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Will the petulant botoxed one stamp her feet and hold her breath till she turns blue in a fit of conniption?....
News at 11.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Trump will force her to say, "You can't come!"  As of now, she's just "suggested" he not do the speech.  I think actually refusing him is a step she won't take.

We'll see what happens.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Stupid headline. She can’t stop him. All she can do is rescind the House invitation, which hasn’t happened, yet, and probably won’t. He could deliver it anywhere else.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Stupid headline. She can’t stop him. All she can do is rescind the House invitation, which hasn’t happened, yet, and probably won’t. He could deliver it anywhere else.

She could put up a wall around the House chambers.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 06:22:54 pm by To-Whose-Benefit? »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline edpc

She could always wait minutes before the speech, then uninvite him, in a move similar to his denial of plane usage. That would be extremely petty and backfire spectacularly.

Offline verga

I think He should just deliver it live on Fox news. Screw the rest of the B@$T@RD$.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline the_doc

I think He should just deliver it live on Fox news. Screw the rest of the B@$T@RD$.

All of the networks will be obligated to cover it even if they would prefer not to do so.  That's a good thing.  I'm pretty sure that the SOTU address will prove to be a key element in Trump's counterattack against the Deep State coup.  He'll want as many people as possible to hear his speech.  (Remember:  A lot of people will never tune in Fox News.)

"Making" all the anti-Trump networks air his speech will be the best way for Trump to screw the bastards.  (Nielsen ratings will mean nothing at this time.)

Offline montanajoe

So he will come to to the Capital and maybe give it in the Senate, to the GOP Senators and Representatives. The Dim Senators and Representatives won't show up....again showing what a great deal maker Trump is.... :whistle:

Would be far better to give it from the WH, at least he would be able to claim the Dims are watching.... :shrug:

Offline verga

So he will come to to the Capital and maybe give it in the Senate, to the GOP Senators and Representatives. The Dim Senators and Representatives won't show up....again showing what a great deal maker Trump is.... :whistle:

Would be far better to give it from the WH, at least he would be able to claim the Dims are watching.... :shrug:
Frankly the optics would better if not a single Dimmie showed up. It would show the country and the world what a bunch of disrespectful little shits they really are.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline edpc

All of the networks will be obligated to cover it even if they would prefer not to do so.  That's a good thing.  I'm pretty sure that the SOTU address will prove to be a key element in Trump's counterattack against the Deep State coup.  He'll want as many people as possible to hear his speech.  (Remember:  A lot of people will never tune in Fox News.)

"Making" all the anti-Trump networks air his speech will be the best way for Trump to screw the bastards.  (Nielsen ratings will mean nothing at this time.)

No, they aren't obligated. They'll carry it, however, because they're interested to see if he declares the state of emergency on the border or does something outrageous. Welcome to the Howard Stern presidency.

Sorry...

Online Wingnut

Frankly the optics would better if not a single Dimmie showed up. It would show the country and the world what a bunch of disrespectful little shits they really are.

I expect them to rise up en mass and walk out of the chamber when Trump reaches the dais.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

The SOTU is not a political rally (or shouldn't be) it is a Constitutionally required report to Congress. We should move completely out of this political theatric and just have a formal report delivered (imho, on paper like a business annual report).

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I expect them to rise up en mass and walk out of the chamber when Trump reaches the dais.

I sincerely hope so!  THAT would make my day!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien