Author Topic: Can a Democrat Win the Presidency on Climate Change? (the latest candidate)  (Read 1522 times)

Online mountaineer

Can a Democrat Win the Presidency on Climate Change?
Washington Governor Jay Inslee believes his focus on the environment will resonate with voters, but few have heard of him.
Edward-Isaac Dovere
5:00 AM ET
OLYMPIA, Wash.—What if a meteor were hurtling toward the Earth, about to kill millions and reshape life on the planet as we know it?

And what if the president, instead of doing anything to help, made it worse in just about every way, and called it a hoax (and any solutions a scam) instead of the very real, very clear disaster taking shape?

And what if all the Democrats running to beat him in the next election went on and on about how concerned they were and how it’s our most pressing problem—but none had ever done much more than talk about the problem, and for the most part only started doing that in just the past few years?

That’s where Jay Inslee thinks America is when it comes to climate change. And that’s why he’s going to run for president. ...
The Atlantic
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
You might be able to change the trajectory of an ELE meteor enough to get a near miss. But you can track a meteor, it can be seen, there is no gaming the data. It is or it isn't. The trajectory is predictable--and can be verified.

Unlike the numerous models predicting the end of the world due to climate change, which repeatedly have been seriously wrong in their predictions.

Maybe enough of the population are idiotic enough to think this stuff is worth destroying the economy, national security (can't run an aircraft flight group with windmills), and killing people (which is what a power failure in winter --or even summer at more tropical latitudes will do), but I'm hoping that many Americans aren't suckers.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
And then, with our economy in flames, we can deal with the Yellow Vest protests they're having in France.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
The problem is that people don't see it so it is hard to make it real in their minds. It's always happening somewhere else. If it is such a great crisis, where is it?
Countdown to Resignation

Online Smokin Joe

And then, with our economy in flames, we can deal with the Yellow Vest protests they're having in France.
Well, the usual suspect will be out looting and burning (any reason will do, besides grandma can keep warm next to the five and dime (as it burns). But the people here who will be pissed off (unlike France) may well be armed. There, I said it. There is no way this crap will be imposed on an armed America.

So look for them to go after guns first, with whatever body count they need to justify making that happen.

Is it just me, or do there seem to be more mass shooting events when Democrats have some power?

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

• Wulf Anson Author
Well, the usual suspect will be out looting and burning (any reason will do, besides grandma can keep warm next to the five and dime (as it burns). But the people here who will be pissed off (unlike France) may well be armed. There, I said it. There is no way this crap will be imposed on an armed America.

So look for them to go after guns first, with whatever body count they need to justify making that happen.

Is it just me, or do there seem to be more mass shooting events when Democrats have some power?

Yes, I do remember police being murdered as they had lunch in their car, thanks to Obama and his henchmen egging on BLM.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
The problem is that while science may be able to show evidence of climate change, it cannot point to a solution by which Americans can change their lifestyles and ameliorate such change.   Rationally, all we can do is react to it.   Instead, preachers like Mr. Inslee appear ready to conscript us at the point of a gun to their faith that the climate will miraculously change if we do.     
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online Smokin Joe

The problem is that while science may be able to show evidence of climate change, it cannot point to a solution by which Americans can change their lifestyles and ameliorate such change.   Rationally, all we can do is react to it.   Instead, preachers like Mr. Inslee appear ready to conscript us at the point of a gun to their faith that the climate will miraculously change if we do.   
The problem is that the raw data are not available. They can't/won't show evidence, just the massaged results of computer models using 'adjusted' data sets, which are not available.

Scientifically, they haven't shown jack sh*t, and their models are consistently wrong.

That's just on the idea that there is warming occurring, and not even on the cause of such.

It is pretty clear in graphs of CO2 and Temp over the last 640,000 years that the CO2 change follows temperature changes during warming/cooling cycles. Forcing agents (causes) should precede effects, so my take as a scientist is that the changes in CO2 are an effect of the changes in temperature, and not the other way around.

That can be empirically demonstrated using the solubility of CO2 in water (70% of the planet's surface), in which CO2 is more soluble at lower temperatures than higher ones, and just like your carbonated beverage, the oceans will release CO2 in solution as they warm, which takes time, and that explains the time lag.

So, in a nutshell, there is no credible data to support the catastrophic warming scenarios generated with corrupted data sets and computer models. Predictions of temperature rises haven't occurred so the models are suspect. In addition the logic which attributes any change that might be occurring suffers from flaws as well.

There is no credible proof that any warming outside of normal climatic variation is occurring, and no proof that humans might be causing any change.

That isn't something to base sweeping and destructive policy on.

C S Lewis

• Wulf Anson Author

If there weren't so much money dished out by Grubbermint to Academia, as a feel good, this climate change horses%%t never would have made it out of the starting gate.

Instead, we have have armies of grubby little Marxist Academics furiously churning out bogus papers to keep their grants coming in.

Correlate hotter and cooler climate cycles here on earth with the suns nuclear life cycle, and you'll have a much easier explanation to cool off tempers.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
If you'll notice, the only people who really seem to care about Global Warming are rich people and rich people don't think they are the problem. They will spew tons of carbon coming to tell us to cut back. It's not even a First World problem. It's a Rich People problem and they don't even care enough about it to address it themselves.
In short, it's a scam committed by a cult.
Countdown to Resignation

Online Smokin Joe

If you'll notice, the only people who really seem to care about Global Warming are rich people and rich people don't think they are the problem. They will spew tons of carbon coming to tell us to cut back. It's not even a First World problem. It's a Rich People problem and they don't even care enough about it to address it themselves.
In short, it's a scam committed by a cult.
But wait! There's more! (apologies to Ron Popeil)

When the Midwest Carbon Exchange was sure to become the premier trading hub for Carbon Credits, (all they needed was a law), Soros, Algore, and Maurice Strong stood to make trillions of dollars in carbon credit speculation.

Thankfully, that scam failed. No doubt, there is even more lucre involved in the latest try.

C S Lewis

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Every single solution the models spit out shows continued warming at a faster rate than it has, no matter what. So, if we accept the premise, then there's no real stopping this.

It's almost as if they've set up an Obama scenario: "Well, it WOULD'VE been so much worse had we done it your way!"
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online mountaineer

There's not a damn thing you, I,  or Governor Whatshisname can do to affect the weather (or climate if that word is preferable), but let's keep agonizing about it anyway!   22222frying pan
« Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 02:33:17 am by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
There's not a damn thing you, I,  or Governor Whatshisname can do to affect the weather (or climatem if that word is preferable), but let's keep agonizing about it anyway!   22222frying pan

People agonize all the time over things they cannot control.  It is usually considered an unhealthy and unproductive attitude.   Of course, one response to the uncontrollable vicissitudes of this world is to take faith in religion.

Here, however,  we have a cabal of wealthy elites determined to foist their "religious" views on the rest of us,  at the cost of the prosperity of average folks.  Let the rich do the tithing.       
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Climate change, with or without human contribution, is inevitable. If the Yellowstone caldera erupts, it’ll be on scale with the Toba Catastrophe 75K years ago.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Frank Cannon

Everyone is missing the point of this idiots run. He isn't running on this shit because he believes he will win. He is running to rake in contributions. It's why all these D List nobodies are running. To cash in and fill his coffers with money.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

It could not be more obvious that climate changes.  But it does so over thousands and thousands of years and it does so without regard to the activities of the creatures on the planet.

If people want to think recycling or buying electric cars will save the planet and it makes them feel good fine.  But they shouldn't force others to do that.

My daughter and son-in-law both have electric cars but it's to save on gas and that's important in Hawaii.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Climate change, with or without human contribution, is inevitable. If the Yellowstone caldera erupts, it’ll be on scale with the Toba Catastrophe 75K years ago.

Don't forget the meteorite, that hit Greenland, 11800 yrs. ago. (+) (-)

Or meteorites, hitting Yucatan, or Russia.

Bill Gates, rich and smart, is urging a renewed look at nuke power, as the best solution to possible manmade fossil fuel based globul warming.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline skeeter

Everyone is missing the point of this idiots run. He isn't running on this shit because he believes he will win. He is running to rake in contributions. It's why all these D List nobodies are running. To cash in and fill his coffers with money.

There do seem to be alot of very wealthy stooges who've bought into Global Climate Change lock stock & barrel and cannot wait to throw their considerable resources at anyone who claims the ability to save the planet. A lotta gold in them thar hills.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Without climate change we wouldn't have Maui.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online Smokin Joe

Without climate change, half of North Dakota would be under a mile of ice, and the Eastern coastal cities would be miles inland. Much of the Gulf of Mexico would be dry, too.

C S Lewis

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

But, we'll always have Paris.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Seems to me that the voters in this guy's own state just rejected a ballot initiative to install a carbon tax, for the second time...