Author Topic: Ohio Wesleyan U. Now Offering a Major in Social Justice  (Read 742 times)

rangerrebew

Ohio Wesleyan U. Now Offering a Major in Social Justice
« on: December 31, 2018, 05:21:47 pm »
Ohio Wesleyan U. Now Offering a Major in Social Justice

Posted by Mike LaChance      Monday, December 31, 2018 at 10:00am

“students will develop the knowledge and skills to reflect critically on the meaning of social justice”

Preparing young leftists for careers in progressive activism.

Campus Reform reports:

OWU offers ‘social justice’ major with mandatory ‘activism’ work

A university in Ohio is offering a “social justice major” to students, aiming to “cultivate…the knowledge and skills needed to analyze social injustices.”

Ohio Wesleyan University is offering the major to undergraduate students who are interested in creating social change through activism, stating that the major gives students the skills to “reflect critically on the meaning of social justice” on multiple levels.

https://legalinsurrection.com/2018/12/ohio-wesleyan-u-now-offering-a-major-in-social-justice/

rangerrebew

Re: Ohio Wesleyan U. Now Offering a Major in Social Justice
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2018, 05:23:58 pm »
Just imagine what would happen if these social justice "scholars" decide, after graduation which fequently happens, they don't like the work and decide they would like to work for a corporation.  Can you imagine ANY business crazy enough to hire someone with a social justice degree? :pigs fly:
« Last Edit: December 31, 2018, 05:24:42 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2018, 05:51:11 pm »
I can't imagine not liking smoking weed and being paid to protest.
Many of the paid protesters in DC are also weed delivery people. We were told to not expect shipments during protests.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2018, 05:53:59 pm »
The resume would hit the trashcan as soon as I saw the major.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2018, 06:08:51 pm »
A couple of months ago, out of curiosity, I went to the website of my alma matter to see if they now offered any of the silly degrees -- gender studies, color-of-skin studies, etc.  (I graduated in 1981).  Proud to say that they do not.  Through the years they actively and routinely reach out to potential employers wanting to know what they needed in future hires so that they could design classes and degree programs to fit real job requirements.