Author Topic: William & Mary Law School apologizes after donor’s speech defends Kavanaugh, disparages Kaepernick  (Read 796 times)

rangerrebew

William & Mary Law School apologizes after donor’s speech defends Kavanaugh, disparages Kaepernick
Brittany Slaughter - Liberty University •December 26, 2018

After one of the most prominent alumni donors of William & Mary Law School gave a speech recently that upset students — including remarks that reportedly disparaged Colin Kaepernick and supported Brett Kavanaugh — campus leaders apologized and launched a diversity and inclusion task force.

The speech was given in late October by James McGlothlin (pictured below) as part of the McGlothlin Leadership Forum at the Virginia-based law school. He is a very wealthy businessman who earned his bachelor’s and law degrees from William & Mary in the 1960s and is a longtime supporter of his alma mater.

https://www.thecollegefix.com/william-mary-law-school-apologizes-after-donors-speech-defends-kavanaugh-disparages-kaepernick/
« Last Edit: December 30, 2018, 02:19:11 pm by rangerrebew »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I assume they gave the money back?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Is there a new rule somewhere that says law students are not allowed to be upset?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mountaineer

Is there a new rule somewhere that says law students are not allowed to be upset?
They're as snowflaky (emphasis on flaky) as everyone else of their generation, I guess.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline berdie

I assume they gave the money back?

Of course they did.  That would be the only honorable thing to do. /s