Author Topic: Jennie-O Ground Turkey Recall Expands  (Read 1134 times)

rangerrebew

Jennie-O Ground Turkey Recall Expands
« on: December 27, 2018, 03:11:06 pm »
Jennie-O Ground Turkey Recall Expands
By Valarie Basheda

Dec. 24, 2018 -- Jennie-O is recalling an additional 164,000 pounds of ground turkey products because they may be infected with salmonella. The products were shipped nationwide.

The CDC reports 216 cases in 38 states and the District of Columbia linked to the yearlong outbreak.

Recalled products include:

https://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/food-poisoning/news/20181224/jennie-o-ground-turkey-recall-expands

Offline Applewood

Re: Jennie-O Ground Turkey Recall Expands
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2018, 07:04:58 pm »
Another day, another recall of tainted food.  Getting to where I can't keep track of what's safe to eat and what isn't. 

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2018, 07:16:44 pm »
When it comes to meat/poultry... If it ain't got green fur growing on it I grill the hell out of it and eat it.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2018, 07:48:16 pm »
When it comes to meat/poultry... If it ain't got green fur growing on it I grill the hell out of it and eat it.

LOL.  But I'm not sure that works so well nowadays.  Seems to me a lot of these diseases are resistant to heat or anything else you might try at home to ensure safety.

I can't eat too many meats anymore, thanks to gout, but I always had to have my meats well done.  Now, my brother is another story.   His meat is so rare, the cow is still moving.  Bleah!

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2018, 07:51:17 pm »
LOL.  But I'm not sure that works so well nowadays.  Seems to me a lot of these diseases are resistant to heat or anything else you might try at home to ensure safety.

I can't eat too many meats anymore, thanks to gout, but I always had to have my meats well done.  Now, my brother is another story.   His meat is so rare, the cow is still moving.  Bleah!

Well there is something to be said for eating a piece of meat where you can still see the crop marks where the jockey hit it.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2018, 08:00:32 pm »
Well there is something to be said for eating a piece of meat where you can still see the crop marks where the jockey hit it.

LOL  Isn't that a line from Caddyshack?

Online Wingnut

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2018, 08:04:51 pm »
LOL  Isn't that a line from Caddyshack?

Paraphrased!  But yep!