Author Topic: CNN: Trump signing MAGA hats for troops may have violated Pentagon rules  (Read 2208 times)

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
Thoughts?

https://thehill.com/policy/defense/422956-cnn-trump-signing-maga-hats-for-troops-may-have-violated-pentagon-rules

CNN’s Pentagon correspondent said that President Trump signing red “Make America Great Again” hats for troops in Iraq may have violated Defense Department rules.

"What commander allowed that to really happen?” Barbara Starr asked Wednesday night.

“This is very much against military policy and regulation,” Starr said. “Troops are not supposed to be involved in political activities, the U.S. military is not a political force.”
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: CNN: Trump signing MAGA hats for troops may have violated Pentagon rules
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2018, 02:40:00 pm »
Pentagon is a Cabinet department. All Cabinet departments are subservient to the President (in this case Commander-in-Chief). Pentagon rules do not apply.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2018, 02:44:42 pm »
“This is very much against military policy and regulation,” Starr said. “Troops are not supposed to be involved in political activities, the U.S. military is not a political force.”

:pondering:

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2018, 02:50:35 pm »
Signing a hat at a soldier's request is not a political activity.   CNN would shatter the morale of soldiers serving far from home at Christmas if it furthers their Trump-hate agenda.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2018, 06:47:03 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline aligncare

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2018, 02:55:56 pm »
If Donald Trump had a hangnail they’d try to impeach him under the rarely used hygiene clause of the constitution.  *****rollingeyes*****

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2018, 02:57:38 pm »

Has Maxine Waters started impeachment proceedings over this yet?
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2018, 03:20:25 pm »

When Obama did essentially the same thing, the media thought it was awesome...
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2018, 03:30:31 pm »

Like hell it isn't.

...thank you, Barack Obama.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
CNN Rips Troops In Iraq For Bringing MAGA Hats For Trump To Sign
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2018, 04:02:38 pm »

ByHank Berrien
December 27, 2018

On Wednesday, as President Trump visited American troops stationed in Iraq at the al-Asad airbase, CNN took a shot at the troops who asked Trump to sign their "Make America Great Again" hats or their embroidered patches reading "Trump 2020.” The network discussed whether the service members might have violated Department of Defense guidelines against partisan political activities, and later implied on its website that the troops had indeed violated the rules. But CNN left out a key part of the guidelines when they quoted them.

On CNN’s “The Situation Room,” the network turned to a military expert to determine whether what the troops did was inappropriate. Shockingly, that military expert turned out to be none other than Retired Rear Adm. John Kirby, a former Obama administration spokesperson. Even more shockingly, Kirby theorized that the troops’ actions were indeed inappropriate, saying archly, "It is in fact a campaign slogan, that is a campaign item, and it is completely inappropriate for the troops to do this.”

more
https://www.dailywire.com/news/39709/cnn-rips-troops-iraq-bringing-maga-hats-trump-sign-hank-berrien
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Re: CNN Rips Troops In Iraq For Bringing MAGA Hats For Trump To Sign
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2018, 07:22:12 pm »
CNN can't stand the fact that President Trump is so popular with the troops. I find it despicable that they would put him down for his visit .... biased journalism (?) at its best.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Re: CNN Rips Troops In Iraq For Bringing MAGA Hats For Trump To Sign
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2018, 07:27:31 pm »
Because there currently isn't a declared candidacy with the federal election commission, these are not current campaign materials but fall closer to the category of novelties or collector items.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2018, 11:07:03 pm »
Someone explain how getting their Commander's autograph is a "political activity". No matter what it is written on.

Sheesh!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2018, 11:11:49 pm »
Is this the thing where you took the lump of coal you got in your Christmas stocking and repeatedly bash your head with it?
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2018, 11:24:33 pm »
Show me the man.

I'll find you the crime.
The Republic is lost.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2018, 11:41:57 pm »
Our Fleet Admiral speaking to a Flight Deck full of sailors to make sure they vote, and encouraged them for the sake of the military to vote for Ronald Reagan.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2018, 11:59:29 pm »
27 Dec 2018
 Stars and Stripes | By John Vandiver
 STUTTGART, Germany — U.S. Air Forces Europe said troops holding “Make America Great Again” hats during President Donald Trump’s visit Thursday to Ramstein Air Base were not in violation of military rules that prohibit taking part in partisan activities while in uniform.

“There is no rule against Airmen bringing personal items to be signed by the president,” USAFE said in a statement.  [...]

"Any time the commander in chief offers the opportunity to meet with Airmen, such as this official holiday visit by the President and First Lady, Airmen are welcome to participate. No policy violations have been brought to our attention at this time," USAFE said.

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2018/12/27/air-force-nothing-improper-airmens-pro-trump-merchandise-ramstein.html#.XCVRZacmsq4.twitter

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2018, 12:03:15 am »
There wasn't any violations.  This is just sour grapes by the left because while they were doing their podcasts and editorials bashing the fact he hasn't visited the troops...he was visiting the troops.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2018, 12:05:27 am »

If that were actually true then every single person who ever took a selfie with Obama or got his autograph was in violation of the regs.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2018, 12:13:06 am »
If that were actually true then every single person who ever took a selfie with Obama or got his autograph was in violation of the regs.

If this were true, then servicemen and women should not be allowed to affect elections by...um...voting?  I remember 2000 when the Rats were high-fiving getting military ballots thrown out.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2018, 12:19:17 am »
Michelle Obama's Mirror discusses the Iraq trip:
... Besides, it’s no big deal, every FLOTUS does it, right? Remember that time Michelle visited a war zone with Buh-rock the magic negro? Yeah, me neither. Although I do remember when Michelle visited several foreign countries:   Russia, the Vatican, Ghana, France, Cambodia, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, England, Ireland, Italy, Colombia, Costa Rica, Saudi Arabia, El Salvador, Spain, Sweden, Germany, Tanzania, Japan, Indonesia, India, Mexico, South Africa, Botswana, Liberia, Morocco, Qatar, Canada, Senegal, Norway, Netherlands and Cuba. And I’d include Aspen (7 times)  because that’s for all intents and purposes a foreign country too.

But Iraq? Afghanistan? No. Why would she go there?

And remember the good times when Barry visited the troops overseas and they all cheered “USA, USA!” when he walked out? Yeah, me neither.  ...
LINK
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2018, 01:18:05 am »
I guess the 2009 Inauguration Coin I got for my part in the Obama Inauguration was against the regs and I should turn myself in.

Oceander

« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2018, 01:29:46 am »
This is really, really stupid, even for CNN.  And that’s saying a lot. 

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2018, 01:39:12 am »
If this were true, then servicemen and women should not be allowed to affect elections by...um...voting?  I remember 2000 when the Rats were high-fiving getting military ballots thrown out.

I was just gonna post something similar...the libs hate the military, and this just re-enforces their hatred..
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2018, 02:33:42 am »
Trump Calls Out CNN For Accusing US Troops Of Misconduct
https://dailycaller.com/2018/12/27/trump-tweet-cnn-troops-sign-maga-hats-misconduct/
Support the USO

Offline aligncare

« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2018, 12:40:55 pm »
CNN still has its mission to do; to lie openly and by omission, to slander, to obfuscate and to attempt to disrupt or end Trump’s duly constituted presidency. American journalism! What a proud profession!