Author Topic: Border Patrol: Guatemalan boy died in custody on Christmas  (Read 455 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Border Patrol: Guatemalan boy died in custody on Christmas
« on: December 26, 2018, 12:23:56 am »
Border Patrol: Guatemalan boy died in custody on Christmas
by Kelly Cohen
 | December 25, 2018 02:17 PM

A young boy from Guatemala died while in the custody of the federal government, U.S. immigration authorities said early Tuesday, the second death of an immigrant child under detention in December.

U.S. Customs and Border Protection said the 8-year-old died at Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center in New Mexico shortly after midnight on Christmas Day.

According to initial reporting, a Border Patrol agent noticed the child had “showed signs of potential illness,” and he and his father were transferred to the hospital in Alamogordo, N.M.

There, he was diagnosed with a common cold and a fever, was given prescriptions for amoxicillin and ibuprofen, and then released Monday afternoon, the agency said.

On Monday night, he returned with nausea and was vomiting, and died hours later after being admitted.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/border-patrol-guatemalan-boy-died-in-custody-on-christmas
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Victoria33

Re: Border Patrol: Guatemalan boy died in custody on Christmas
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2018, 12:35:49 am »
Children up to 10 yrs. need more care than older ones.  They need adequate sleep for their body to repair itself and grow during the night.  No one should take a child under 13/14 on a thousand mile journey - it is a miracle no more have died but this is not over.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2018, 12:42:07 am »
Children up to 10 yrs. need more care than older ones.  They need adequate sleep for their body to repair itself and grow during the night.  No one should take a child under 13/14 on a thousand mile journey - it is a miracle no more have died but this is not over.

They don't care. Why should I?
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2018, 12:49:50 am »
Another one bites the dust.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.