Author Topic: How Banks Unwittingly Finance Mass Shootings  (Read 2542 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
How Banks Unwittingly Finance Mass Shootings
« on: December 25, 2018, 10:40:24 pm »

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/12/24/business/dealbook/mass-shootings-credit-cards.html

Two days before Omar Mateen killed 49 people and wounded 53 more at the Pulse nightclub in Orlando, he went on Google and typed “Credit card unusual spending.”

Mr. Mateen had opened six new credit card accounts — including a Mastercard, an American Express card and three Visa cards — over the previous eight months. Twelve days before the shooting, he began a $26,532 buying spree: a Sig Sauer MCX .223-caliber rifle, a Glock 17 9-millimeter semiautomatic pistol, several large magazines, thousands of rounds of ammunition and a $7,500 ring for his wife that he bought on a jewelry store card. His average spending before that, on his only card, was $1,500 a month.
Some red meat for Christmas...

Lots more at the article, calling for tracking expenditures and reporting.....

I notice they didn't hold the banks responsible for financing the slaughter on our highways....
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: How Banks Unwittingly Finance Mass Shootings
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2018, 11:33:41 pm »
I'm sure the banks could be forced to comply with more reporting info and tracking. For a small phenomenal fee charged to their customers.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2018, 10:37:42 am »
I'm sure the banks could be forced to comply with more reporting info and tracking. For a small phenomenal fee charged to their customers.
This is just another attempt at back door gun control. If you can't use your credit card, then you have to carry cash, which means you'd better be packing heat, which means if you get pulled over, you got some splaining to do if you get patted down--at least in the more liberal jurisdictions.
Credit card purchases are fully traceable, so use cash, anyway. It ain;t nobody;s business what you have.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2018, 12:20:50 pm »
This is just another attempt at back door gun control. If you can't use your credit card, then you have to carry cash, which means you'd better be packing heat, which means if you get pulled over, you got some splaining to do if you get patted down--at least in the more liberal jurisdictions.
Credit card purchases are fully traceable, so use cash, anyway. It ain;t nobody;s business what you have.
Bitcoin.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2018, 02:34:44 am »

@Smokin Joe they not only are they going after banks via their credit cards...they are going after insurance providers as well.  NRA Carry Guard lost their underwriters because the New York Department of Financial Services fined the underwriter $7 million for unlawfully providing liability coverage to gun owners in the event they were charged with a crime involving their firearms.

My guess...the next target will be your health insurance.  "Oh you own a gun...we're tripling  your premiums because of your dangerous and potentially deadly choice to own a gun."
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2018, 02:38:30 am »
@Smokin Joe they not only are they going after banks via their credit cards...they are going after insurance providers as well.  NRA Carry Guard lost their underwriters because the New York Department of Financial Services fined the underwriter $7 million for unlawfully providing liability coverage to gun owners in the event they were charged with a crime involving their firearms.

My guess...the next target will be your health insurance.  "Oh you own a gun...we're tripling  your premiums because of your dangerous and potentially deadly choice to own a gun."

Haven't they done that already? By telling MDs to ask whether you own firearms? And wasn't there legislation demanding anyone who was taking depression meds be outlawed from gun ownership?
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2018, 04:57:41 am »
Haven't they done that already? By telling MDs to ask whether you own firearms? And wasn't there legislation demanding anyone who was taking depression meds be outlawed from gun ownership?
The answer to that question is and ever has been "Irrelevant!". Best to have a doctor who shoots, who will not even ask.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2018, 04:59:15 am »

Obamacare eliminated my health insurance. They have no lever there. Have you checked out the USCCA?

C S Lewis

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2018, 05:17:01 am »
Obamacare eliminated my health insurance. They have no lever there. Have you checked out the USCCA?

Gold Member since 2017!  888high58888
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2018, 05:18:39 am »

@bigheadfred depends on the locale.  I have yet to run across a doctor who has asked myself or my family members that question yet.

If asked...my response will be "you know Doc...I don't go to the gun shop for medical advice..."

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2018, 05:29:10 am »
The answer to that question is and ever has been "Irrelevant!". Best to have a doctor who shoots, who will not even ask.

My MD has up a sign that supports all aspects of 2A. And he KNOWS I am bat shit crazy. But he also KNOWS I am not bat shit crazy. So, if I happened to be there when the SHTF, he will know what to do. And, in a manner, we have discussed this. For an MD he is pretty intelligent. My "experience" is more with long arms. His with "handguns". I admit it. I have very little experience with handguns. Thus my sharp knife/dull knife. Running at the problem, instead of away. Tis been a bane. Not running away.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2018, 05:31:32 am »

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/12/24/business/dealbook/mass-shootings-credit-cards.html
Some red meat for Christmas...

Lots more at the article, calling for tracking expenditures and reporting.....

I notice they didn't hold the banks responsible for financing the slaughter on our highways....

What I remember is that, OMAR MATEEN  was employed by our DHS, and was given his gun. At that time the head of DHS under obama was self avowed muslim Jeb Johnson.  Omar was a security guard & employed by DHS.  He already had a gun assigned to him.  He was cleared by DHS.  I don't know if I believe that CC information.  Isn't he dead now?  OR secretly shipped back to his muslim country of origin?

More baloney from LEFT LYING, MEDIA...which by the way is also muslim owned, and has muslim 'journalist's."  It is about take over of America. islamization.  C.A.I. R. SAID SO IN 2014.

The leader and founder of CAIR (Council of American Islamic Relations) Omar M. Ahmad said:

“Islam isn’t in America to be equal to any other faith, but to become dominant,” he said. “The Koran, the Muslim book of scripture, should be the highest authority in America, and Islam the only accepted religion on Earth,” 2014

(CNN's Aqeel Najim in Baghdad contributed to this report= IRAQ wanting our soldiers out. Just like Jamal K. working for Wash-POO)
« Last Edit: December 28, 2018, 05:38:18 am by LegalAmerican »

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2018, 05:44:54 am »
@bigheadfred depends on the locale.  I have yet to run across a doctor who has asked myself or my family members that question yet.

If asked...my response will be "you know Doc...I don't go to the gun shop for medical advice..."

It was more of a question directed at the general audience. Because I only know of the proposed legislation. If it is actual law has no relevance to me, personally.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2018, 05:51:04 am »

What I remember is that, OMAR MATEEN  was employed by our DHS, and was given his gun. At that time the head of DHS under obama was self avowed muslim Jeb Johnson.  Omar was a security guard & employed by DHS.  He already had a gun assigned to him.  He was cleared by DHS.  I don't know if I believe that CC information.  Isn't he dead now?  OR secretly shipped back to his muslim country of origin?

More baloney from LEFT LYING, MEDIA...which by the way is also muslim owned, and has muslim 'journalist's."  It is about take over of America. islamization.  C.A.I. R. SAID SO IN 2014.

The leader and founder of CAIR (Council of American Islamic Relations) Omar M. Ahmad said:

“Islam isn’t in America to be equal to any other faith, but to become dominant,” he said. “The Koran, the Muslim book of scripture, should be the highest authority in America, and Islam the only accepted religion on Earth,” 2014

(CNN's Aqeel Najim in Baghdad contributed to this report= IRAQ wanting our soldiers out. Just like Jamal K. working for Wash-POO)

@TomSea

khashoggi

You asked about my virulent attitude there. The worm is bigger than the apple.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2018, 05:58:24 am »

WTF does this have to do with the original post?

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2018, 06:05:18 am »

BAC. Blood Alcohol Count.

Don't ask me how I know that.

« Last Edit: December 28, 2018, 06:05:54 am by bigheadfred »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2018, 06:05:55 am »
BAC. Blood Alchohol Count.

Yup I believe you're right.   888high58888

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2018, 06:17:28 am »
Yup I believe you're right.   888high58888

Yet his formatting is exquisite and spelling on par as well. I don't touch the stuff but wonder if I would do better with a little sauce.

______________On Topic below________

This hit piece by the NYsLimes could of just as easily of said Banks finance drugs by their reasoning.

« Last Edit: December 28, 2018, 06:19:52 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2018, 03:38:36 am »

It was IN the original post.  And just as relevant that someone thinks "banks are responsible for mass shootings! "

Cars slaughter, and BANKS finance cars. SILLY.  Banks finance mortgages, so they contribute to fires, murders, accidents? 

Omar Mateen DID a mass shooting.  Whoosh?   You need someone to connect the dots for you?

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2018, 03:40:13 am »
BAC. Blood Alcohol Count.

You better NOT be saying that about me!   LDS FOR 20 YEARS.  I am no drinker.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2018, 03:42:42 am »
You better NOT be saying that about me!   LDS FOR 20 YEARS.  I am no drinker.
Transposition error? (just kidding)  :chairbang:

C S Lewis

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2018, 03:47:50 am »
New York Times article is silly. I decided to give some REAL INFORMATION.  Fiction writer. They are at it again! Remember fiction writer Brian Williams?  "Body's floated by my window".   It seems Jayson has a job again.

Jayson Blair.
-----------------------------------------------
Jayson Thomas Blair is a former American journalist who worked for The New York Times. He resigned from the newspaper in May 2003 in the wake of the discovery of plagiarism and fabrication in his stories. Blair published a memoir of this period, entitled Burning Down My Master's House, recounting his career, a diagnosis of bipolar disorder after his resignation, and his view of race relations at the newspaper. He later established a support group for people with bipolar disorder and became a lif
See more on en.wikipedia.org · Text under CC-BY-SA license
« Last Edit: December 30, 2018, 03:53:05 am by LegalAmerican »

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2018, 04:00:57 am »
From your link.
Stephen Paddock had two dozen guns inside the Mandalay Bay Resort when he rained fire on a music festival below. Police found four credit cards.
--------------------------------
The same as using cash. People buy stuff. It would harm C.C'.s business.  SO, PADDOCK was not the shooter. He was selling guns.
A gun salesman.  This is a cover up. Paddock was a patsy. 7 total shooters. 4 black ops, and 3 ex military.  Helicopter shooting.
They will not tell the truth.  " POLICE found cash".  SHOCKING!

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2018, 04:31:04 am »
From your link.
Stephen Paddock had two dozen guns inside the Mandalay Bay Resort when he rained fire on a music festival below. Police found four credit cards.
--------------------------------
The same as using cash. People buy stuff. It would harm C.C'.s business.  SO, PADDOCK was not the shooter. He was selling guns.
A gun salesman.  This is a cover up. Paddock was a patsy. 7 total shooters. 4 black ops, and 3 ex military.  Helicopter shooting.
They will not tell the truth.  " POLICE found cash".  SHOCKING!
I, too, think Paddock was not alone, whether a deal went bad or what. Credit cards on display? Really? Most folks keep them put away until they use them, and don't leave then just laying around their motel room.
A serious question is one of how many of those firearms had been recently fired, and did anyone fingerprint them?
« Last Edit: December 30, 2018, 04:32:02 am by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2018, 01:23:26 am »
It was IN the original post.  And just as relevant that someone thinks "banks are responsible for mass shootings! "

Cars slaughter, and BANKS finance cars. SILLY.  Banks finance mortgages, so they contribute to fires, murders, accidents? 

Omar Mateen DID a mass shooting.  Whoosh?   You need someone to connect the dots for you?

No you obtuse (self edit).

Nothing that was in your rambling disjointed rant was included in the article or SJ's original post.

Try and focus and post coherent logical posts that have to do with the subject and doesn't end with MAGA