Author Topic: Feds Spent More in 1 Month on Food Stamps Than Trump Wants for Year on Wall  (Read 709 times)

rangerrebew

Feds Spent More in 1 Month on Food Stamps Than Trump Wants for Year on Wall

(CNSNews.com) - The federal government spent more money on the food stamp program in October, which was the first month of fiscal 2019, than President Donald Trump now wants the Congress to approve for the border wall for the entirety of fiscal 2019.

In October, according to the Monthly Treasury Statement [1], the federal government spent $5,892,000,000 on the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), which is also known as the food stamp program.

Source URL: https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/terence-p-jeffrey/feds-spent-more-1-month-food-stamps-trump-wants-year-wall

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Feds Spent More in 1 Month on Food Stamps Than Trump Wants for Year on Wall

(CNSNews.com) - The federal government spent more money on the food stamp program in October, which was the first month of fiscal 2019, than President Donald Trump now wants the Congress to approve for the border wall for the entirety of fiscal 2019.

In October, according to the Monthly Treasury Statement [1], the federal government spent $5,892,000,000 on the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), which is also known as the food stamp program.

Source URL: https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/terence-p-jeffrey/feds-spent-more-1-month-food-stamps-trump-wants-year-wall

If you coupled that with all the illegal criminals housed in our Federal prisons.  All the money they spend on educating illegal immigrant children.  All of the health and dental.  Free cell phones  https://www.freegovernmentcellphones.net/states/washington-government-cell-phone-providers

Probably double or triple what Trump wants for the wall.  Isn't it funny but in 2015 Chuck Schumer had a whole web page condemning the slashing of budget for DEA, ATF, US Marshals.... to counter the affects Mexican Drug cartel have in New York.

https://www.schumer.senate.gov/newsroom/press-releases/schumer-reveals-new-fed-budget-slashes-anti-drug-trafficking-efforts-by-over-150m_--just-when-li-needs-dollars-most----as-sinaloa-drug-cartel-and-others-rush-more-drugs-to-li-nyc-schumer-launches-push-to-restore-fed-funding-used-to-hire-dea-agents-and-combat-sinaloa-and-other-cartlels-grip-on-li

What has happened now?  Mexican Drug Cartel worse than ever, but Schumer doesn't support border wall.  That doesn't make sense.  Obviously with the open border drug cartel have no problem bringing in drugs.  He quit caring about New York?  Has he been bought off by Mexican Drug Cartel?

Published February 13, 2017
Mexican official: Cartels send $64B in drugs into US annually

https://www.foxnews.com/us/mexican-official-cartels-send-64b-in-drugs-into-us-annually

Hey, good job Chuck!
« Last Edit: December 24, 2018, 06:36:48 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Oceander

So what? 

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

So what?
Maybe it's what is purchased with the stamps.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Oceander

So the SNAP program could use some reform.  That still doesn’t justify wasting money we do not have on some “look at the size of my dick” monument for Trump and his supporters. 

Offline Chosen Daughter

I saw that happen EBT.  The family with a tiny baby.  They bought bottles of soda, frozen potato meals, cookies and Mexican snacks, ice cream bars...Nothing nutritious at all in the cart.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Oceander

I saw that happen EBT.  The family with a tiny baby.  They bought bottles of soda, frozen potato meals, cookies and Mexican snacks, ice cream bars...Nothing nutritious at all in the cart.

So reform the SNAP program to limit what can be purchased with SNAP benefits. 

Offline Chosen Daughter

So reform the SNAP program to limit what can be purchased with SNAP benefits.

How about this.  We reform the SNAP program and cut the benefits to people here in the United States illegally. 

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
So what?

Seems a good place to look for funds if we need them no?

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

So the SNAP program could use some reform.  That still doesn’t justify wasting money we do not have on some “look at the size of my dick” monument for Trump and his supporters.
Handouts by the federal government is never a good way to distribute money or goods to the needy.

Reduce the amount to 0% and let the states do their own thing.

How's that for reform?

Gee, I wonder what we could do with all that money saved by the Treasury?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington