Author Topic: Trump is leaving 50,000 Syrian civilians to die  (Read 3908 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Trump is leaving 50,000 Syrian civilians to die
« on: December 22, 2018, 11:45:05 am »
Trump is leaving 50,000 Syrian civilians to die • The Syrian Observatory For Human Rights

President Trump’s surprise decision to rapidly withdraw all U.S. troops from Syria is meeting with intense criticism by foreign policy experts, who denounce it as strategically stupid, reckless for national security and a blow to America’s global credibility. But inside Syria, the consequences are even more serious. For one example, 50,000 Syrian civilian refugees living under the direct protection of the U.S. military are suddenly fearing for their lives.

For three years, civilians living in the Rukban refugee camp in the southeastern Syrian desert have survived because of the protection of U.S. forces encamped 10 miles away on a base called Tanf. The refugee camp falls within Tanf’s 55-kilometer-radius security zone. The residents rely on the United States to protect them from the Syrian regime and Iranian forces and to ensure vital flows of humanitarian aid.

They are near starvation, effectively under siege and living in squalor. But despite their situation, they will tell anyone who will listen that they are grateful to be free from the grasp of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad and that they are depending on the United States to keep them safe and alive. On Wednesday, Trump put their lives at grave risk with a single tweet.

Read more at: http://www.syriahr.com/en/?p=109858

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Re: Trump is leaving 50,000 Syrian civilians to die
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2018, 01:56:13 am »
The key phrase is "Syrian Citizens"

We are not the World's provider in time of need.

My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Oceander

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2018, 01:57:31 am »

Until they start coming over here with valid asylum claims because we abdicated all responsibility over there.  Then you can start calling them American citizens.

Maybe that withdrawal was a tad hasty.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2018, 02:14:50 am »

Oh, excuse me, did they invade over here? Or was it us who intervened over there?  So, we have no responsibility, it became excessively instable after the Iraq intervention? They sure were there when we were in need.

They fight and they have died helping the US fight ISIS, doing the dirty work, but we owe them nothing?

And a number of them are Christians.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2018, 02:16:14 am »
Until they start coming over here with valid asylum claims because we abdicated all responsibility over there.  Then you can start calling them American citizens.

Maybe that withdrawal was a tad hasty.

They fought and died for us and this is how we repay them? It's not even about refugees, this is more like running out on Vietnam... or even when Obama withdrew our troops from Iraq in whatever year that was. 

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2018, 02:25:30 am »
Has there been any explanation somewhere that I have missed for whose idea it is that we leave Syria?  Whose advice is Trump taking on this?  Is it his own idea or who is he listening to?

Offline TomSea

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2018, 02:26:59 am »
They didn't ask for us to invade them, Christians at least, not Kurds, probably lived in relative peace under Saddam. But both allied with us to defeat ISIS on the ground.  We didn't have to send soldiers in, they did that work.

I think what happened is Trump gave into Erdogan.  It is understandable that it is a sensitive situation.

Campaign on ending the Iran Nuke deal, good, now give them Syria.  Major blunder here.

Oceander

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2018, 02:27:14 am »
They fought and died for us and this is how we repay them? It's not even about refugees, this is more like running out on Vietnam... or even when Obama withdrew our troops from Iraq in whatever year that was. 

I don’t disagree with you.  Apparently, under Trump, these colors do run. 

Oceander

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2018, 02:27:40 am »
Has there been any explanation somewhere that I have missed for whose idea it is that we leave Syria?  Whose advice is Trump taking on this?  Is it his own idea or who is he listening to?

Putin’s no doubt.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2018, 02:28:30 am »
Putin’s no doubt.

Don't start shit, that's my job.

Oceander

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2018, 02:29:30 am »
Don't start shit, that's my job.

N00b!

:beer:

Offline TomSea

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2018, 02:30:59 am »

I haven't posted on this fast moving story BUT...

It's probably giving in to Erdogan... in all of this, Turkey is a NATO partner, this is the difficulty of this situation. It's not like the Kurds are totally innocent either.

Offline Skeptic

• Loyal q stomper.
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2018, 02:31:00 am »
If there was a reason to go there and defend the relatives of the enemy instead of securing our southern border only a Democrat could know why.
I won't accept.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2018, 02:34:55 am »
I didn't post the link, Trump Erdogan phone call per media reports is what precipitated this.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/white-house-says-erdogan-promised-trump-hed-finish-off-isis-in-syria/ar-BBRjzJd

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2018, 02:37:20 am »

CORRECT!  What is wrong with people?  When we give billions in aid, we USA are meddling!  If they can't help themselves by now, that is on them...not us.  Survival of the fittest. Besides, they love killing each other. Islam, sharia law.

NOT OUR JOB.   

Offline TomSea

« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2018, 02:45:12 am »

CORRECT!  What is wrong with people?  When we give billions in aid, we USA are meddling!  If they can't help themselves by now, that is on them...not us.  Survival of the fittest. Besides, they love killing each other. Islam, sharia law.

NOT OUR JOB.   

Oh, Christians are Muslims? Huh? Kurds?  Huh? Your so concerned about borders, maybe we should not have crossed their borders. Where was ISIS before the American Invasion? Huh? They didn't ask for us to invade them, the Christians lived well enough under Saddam.

Do you have a clue about what you are speaking? These are the people who busted the ISIS caliphate with US and coalition air support that began so strongly with all that aid from Obama and Boy Jorge.  Are they suppose to thank us for that?  Doing the job, we would not let our soldiers do.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2018, 02:46:43 am by TomSea »

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2018, 02:46:16 am »

How do you figure?  They live in Syria & fight for themselves, not America.  According to you, we could NEVER LEAVE!
They have to grow up, change ISLAM....enabling them will change nothing.  We have a bunch of Syrians already in USA on food stamps.  Something wrong with your thinking.  STAY in Syria then, and you 'help them".  Nothing CHANGES WITH THEM. WE OWE THEM...NOTHING!  Enough American soldiers have died, or been maimed, helping muslim countries.

Online corbe

« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2018, 02:46:23 am »
   The Mods have again told me to be more tolerant of divergent views here and though they didn't mention you specifically @LegalAmerican I want to take this opportunity to convey how deep my affection runs for you.   OK?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2018, 02:50:30 am »

How do you figure?  They live in Syria & fight for themselves, not America.  According to you, we could NEVER LEAVE!
They have to grow up, change ISLAM....enabling them will change nothing.  We have a bunch of Syrians already in USA on food stamps.  Something wrong with your thinking.  STAY in Syria then, and you 'help them".  Nothing CHANGES WITH THEM. WE OWE THEM...NOTHING!  Enough American soldiers have died, or been maimed, helping muslim countries.

They are not Muslims necesssarily, a lot of them Are Christians, all Sasse or Rubio have to do is say, Look How Trump, TRUMP ABANDONED CHRISTIANS.  LOOK HOW TRUMP ABANDONED CHRISTIANS TO DIE TO ISLAMIC EXTREMISTS. Play your own stupid card.

And they died for us so our soldiers would not have to die.

LOOK HOW TRUMP ABANDONED CHRISTIANS IN THE MID EAST, that's all they have to say, a bad economy ...

If anything, if you knew what you were talking about, TRUMP GAVE IN TO THE MUSLIM FUNDAMENTALIST TECEP ERDOGAN.  That's what's happen.

If they are SYRIAN CITIZENS,  then, why did the USA go in there in the first place, in Syria.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2018, 02:51:55 am »
If there was a reason to go there and defend the relatives of the enemy instead of securing our southern border only a Democrat could know why.

Yep, if we are following this tact, maybe we should have respected country's borders in 2003 instead of searching for WMDs never found.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2018, 02:53:23 am »
Oh, Christians are Muslims? Huh? Kurds?  Huh? Your so concerned about borders, maybe we should not have crossed their borders. Where was ISIS before the American Invasion? Huh? They didn't ask for us to invade them, the Christians lived well enough under Saddam.

Do you have a clue about what you are speaking? These are the people who busted the ISIS caliphate with US and coalition air support that began so strongly with all that aid from Obama and Boy Jorge.  Are they suppose to thank us for that?  Doing the job, we would not let our soldiers do.

Fighting for their country. So?  Are you bible thumper?  Obama created this mess. What is the big deal, Christian or muslim?  IT IS THEIR COUNTRY...NOT OURS.  DID YOU FORGET?   Some thing wrong with you.  Where do you live?  America or Syria?  Where is your allegiance.  You do know, the world is not perfect?   They have been trained, taught by our soldiers.  Time to let go. OR YOU, go to Syria as chaplain and help them. Be another Branson.  Foolish.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2018, 02:54:24 am »
TRUMP SAID ISIS IS DEFEATED, BEATEN (They took down some video at the WH of all this). Okay, we supplied airpower, anyone have an effin idea of who fought on the ground for us? The people Trump wants to abandon.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2018, 02:57:07 am »
I haven't posted on this fast moving story BUT...

It's probably giving in to Erdogan... in all of this, Turkey is a NATO partner, this is the difficulty of this situation. It's not like the Kurds are totally innocent either.

That's what I thought too.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2018, 03:05:02 am »
They are not Muslims necesssarily, a lot of them Are Christians, all Sasse or Rubio have to do is say, Look How Trump, TRUMP ABANDONED CHRISTIANS.  LOOK HOW TRUMP ABANDONED CHRISTIANS TO DIE TO ISLAMIC EXTREMISTS. Play your own stupid card.

And they died for us so our soldiers would not have to die.

LOOK HOW TRUMP ABANDONED CHRISTIANS IN THE MID EAST, that's all they have to say, a bad economy ...

If anything, if you knew what you were talking about, TRUMP GAVE IN TO THE MUSLIM FUNDAMENTALIST TECEP ERDOGAN.  That's what's happen.

If they are SYRIAN CITIZENS,  then, why did the USA go in there in the first place, in Syria.

Wow, talk about LEFT PROPAGANDA and LEFT TALKING POINTS.  President TRUMP did nothing of the sort.  When would be a "good" time to leave Syria?  Obama started this mess.  ASK OBAMA.  ARAB SPRING. ASK HILLARY.

My president TRUMP did not start this...he is just finishing it.  Whose side are you on?  AMERICAN SOLDIERS...or your Syrians?   SMH.

YOU SOUND LIKE A DEMOCRAT...AND HISTRIONIC.   Are you female?    I may have to put you on ignore, if you can't calm yourself.  I am female but I have COMMON SENSE. 

When....when....is a good time to leave?   

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2018, 03:08:10 am »
TRUMP SAID ISIS IS DEFEATED, BEATEN (They took down some video at the WH of all this). Okay, we supplied airpower, anyone have an effin idea of who fought on the ground for us? The people Trump wants to abandon.

Ok.  ISSI is done.  What do you want ?  Most people just want to be left alone.  I support my AMERICAN MILITARY....no one else. They are not being abandoned. They are left to live their lives. You ARE A MEDDLER.