Author Topic: Beto O'Rourke narrowly tops Move-On 2020 presidential straw poll  (Read 534 times)

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Beto O'Rourke narrowly tops Move-On 2020 presidential straw poll
« on: December 11, 2018, 10:07:13 pm »

An early straw poll of members of the progressive group MoveOn.org shows a wide-open competition for liberal voters in the 2020 Democratic presidential contest, with Rep. Beto O'Rourke narrowly beating out former Vice President Joe Biden.

The poll, obtained by NBC News, shows a plurality of respondents — 29 percent — either said they did not yet know whom they would support or wanted someone else not listed among the group's more than 30 potential candidate choices.

The most popular potential candidate was O’Rourke, D-Texas, who was selected by 15.6 percent of respondents, followed by Biden at 14.9 percent, and then Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., with 13.1 percent.

It's another sign of O’Rourke's surprising popularity among national Democrats and a potentially troubling indication for Sanders, whom MoveOn endorsed in the 2016 Democratic primary. That year, 78 percent of MoveOn members voted to back Sanders over Hillary Clinton

The three men were followed by Sen. Kamala Harris, D-Calif., who garnered 10 percent support, and Sen. Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass., with 6.4 percent. Meanwhile, three Democratic senators, Sherrod Brown of Ohio, Amy Klobuchar of Minnesota and Cory Booker of New Jersey, and former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg were each selected by about 3 percent of members.

Here are the top 10 finishers in the MoveOn straw poll:

Someone else/DK/other: 28.8 percent

Beto O’Rourke: 15.6 percent

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/elections/beto-o-rourke-narrowly-tops-moveon-2020-presidential-straw-poll-n946501

I see "I don't know" tops Robert Francis by 13% :silly:
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Beto O'Rourke narrowly tops Move-On 2020 presidential straw poll
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2018, 10:23:09 pm »
Nacho has been seen meeting with Rat Black leaders like Al 'Shakedown" Sharpton looking for support. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2018, 10:24:41 pm »
Beatoff got beat by twice the margin by "Don't Know/Who Cares". LOL.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2018, 12:16:59 am »
...hmm...Bobby Beto Francis v. Uncle Joe Biden.  Biden or Beto in 2020??  Something tells me that those two could easily divide the DEM party...gee such a shame!  :rolling:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2018, 12:18:10 am »
Nacho has been seen meeting with Rat Black leaders like Al 'Shakedown" Sharpton looking for support.

Sounds like Nacho man will stop at nothing including scraping the bottom of the cesspool bottom.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2018, 12:20:20 am »
Sounds like Nacho man will stop at nothing including scraping the bottom of the cesspool bottom.

He will pander to anyone, anywhere, anytime to spread his Nacho's.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2018, 12:39:20 am »
Governor, former Governor Walker was doing real good in early polls but he wasn't ready and eventually, was the first candidate to bow out in the last presidential campaign. 

BUT, if the Democrats have their first debate in March, which I heard at one point, we might and probably will see him there.