Author Topic: Some Musings on that Caravan  (Read 332 times)

rangerrebew

Some Musings on that Caravan
« on: November 06, 2018, 01:46:11 pm »
Some Musings on that Caravan

By David North on November 5, 2018

Getting beyond the beats of the tom-tom regarding the caravan coming north from Central America (such as the president's statements), it might be helpful to review some aspects of this phenomenon. I am deeply worried about it, but not actively alarmed, not yet.

Walking. As so often is the case in the immigration dialogue, the words used have a bearing on the situation.

To me a caravan is a formidable group of people moving together, usually with either vehicles, or at least horses or camels. (The smaller words, "car" and "van" both appear within the larger word, and that may be misleading.)

But so far (as of November 5) the four or five thousand in the first caravan are moving, largely, on foot. One can watch their small day-to-day movements on the CIS interactive map created by my Center colleagues.

https://cis.org/North/Some-Musings-Caravan
« Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 01:46:53 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: Some Musings on that Caravan
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2018, 10:46:51 pm »
One other point to make is the historical reference to the term caravan is for the purposes of trading.

This bunch of people are only takers, not traders as they have nothing to offer but more crime, expense and health issues for America.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington