Author Topic: Saudi sisters whose bodies found duct-taped together in NYC likely not victims of a crime, police sa  (Read 535 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Saudi sisters whose bodies found duct-taped together in NYC likely not victims of a crime, police say

Greg Norman

The two Saudi Arabian sisters whose bodies were found duct-taped together near a New York City river stayed at numerous “high-end hotels” in the Big Apple and “maxed out” a credit card before their deaths by shopping and ordering-in meals, police revealed Friday.

Detectives looking into how Tala Farea, 16, and Rotana Farea, 23, ended up dead on Oct. 24 near 68th Street and Riverside Park in Manhattan’s Upper West Side neighborhood also say at this time there is no evidence that a crime occurred.

“At this point in time, everything we have seen thus far has pointed to other than a crime taking place, but we are not ruling anything out,” NYPD Chief of Detectives Dermot Shea told reporters. Their cause of death is still unknown.

Read more at: https://www.foxnews.com/us/saudi-sisters-whose-bodies-found-duct-taped-together-in-nyc-are-unlikely-to-have-been-part-of-a-crime-police-say

Duct taped but facing each other... still, unknown cause of death.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
They duct taped themselves together and dove in the river?

Offline TomSea

Were they in the river? I thought I read one story that said, "no, that did not happen".

New York police: Saudi sisters spoke of harming themselves

New York City Police Chief of Detectives Dermot Shea said people who knew the Farea sisters in Virginia told investigators that they made statements within the last year indicating "that they would rather inflict harm on themselves — commit suicide — than return to Saudi Arabia."

Shea stopped short of saying that the sisters had killed themselves but said police have "no credible information that any crime took place." The medical examiner has yet to rule on their death and the case remains under investigation, he said.

Read more at: http://www.baynews9.com/fl/tampa/ap-top-news/2018/11/02/police-no-sign-of-assault-in-saudi-sisters-nyc-deaths

This story also mentions that a bystander saw them praying together, a few hours earlier, with their heads down. But... they still don't have an exact cause of death and that is what law enforcement is suppose to find out. I don't fault LE in this.  I'd think they would have found anything obvious, if it were drowning, drugs, and so on and no signs of foul play.

Offline TomSea

Also, link in previous story, this is telling:

..., two months after they were last seen in Fairfax, Virginia, where they had been living in a shelter amid allegations that they were abused at home.

http://www.baynews9.com/fl/tampa/ap-top-news/2018/11/02/police-no-sign-of-assault-in-saudi-sisters-nyc-deaths

Domestic violence situation. Sad.

Saudi Sisters Found Dead & Duct Taped Together Were Likely Abused By Family

Leah Carroll
,Refinery29•November 2, 2018

https://www.yahoo.com/news/saudi-sisters-found-dead-duct-185200799.html
« Last Edit: November 03, 2018, 02:28:41 am by TomSea »

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Sad sad story.

I hope their souls are finally at peace.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Sad sad story.

I hope their souls are finally at peace.

Amen, Freya.