Author Topic: Real Clear Politics Is Predicting A Red Wave In The Senate  (Read 2162 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Real Clear Politics Is Predicting A Red Wave In The Senate
« on: October 11, 2018, 06:15:30 pm »
12:55 PM 10/11/2018
Evie Fordham | Politics and Health Care Reporter

RealClearPolitics data is pointing to a red wave in the Senate this November, with recent polls showing key seats like North Dakota and Arizona going or staying red.

RealClear currently predicts that at least 49 Senate seats will be Republican and at least 44 will be Democrats, with seven toss-up races. In three of those toss-ups, recent polls contain good news for Republican candidates. If Republicans do win in the four toss-up races where they have the best chances — Arizona, Tennessee, Nevada and Missouri — the Senate could see a net gain of up to two senators, from 51 to 53.

In Arizona’s so-called “toss-up” race, Republican candidate Martha McSally has a 6-point lead on Democrat Kyrsten Sinema in the most recent poll from early October.

Two of the most recent Tennessee Senate race polls cited by RealClear show Republican Rep. Marsha Blackburn up by five and eight points compared to Democratic former Gov. Phil Bredesen.

more
https://dailycaller.com/2018/10/11/red-wave-senate-real-clear/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline jpsb

Re: Real Clear Politics Is Predicting A Red Wave In The Senate
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2018, 06:33:21 pm »
We should pick up seats in the Senate it The House where we might be in trouble.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2018, 06:36:53 pm »
We should pick up seats in the Senate it The House where we might be in trouble.

I don't see how an election that is going to add seats in one chamber isn't going to have the same effect in the other. The only places I see issues in the House are because of the states that got jammed up with Gerrymandering issues.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2018, 06:38:38 pm »

Still, really good news for all of us who are doubting RBG can last another two years.

With a 53-47 margin, better chance we can tell difi to pound sand on the next SCOTUS nominee.

Also, I am not so sure this Kav backlash might have some carryover to the House.  I am guessing it will be close either way.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2018, 06:38:45 pm »
I don't see how an election that is going to add seats in one chamber isn't going to have the same effect in the other. The only places I see issues in the House are because of the states that got jammed up with Gerrymandering issues.

I hope you are right, it is vital to keep the House in GOP hands.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2018, 06:41:18 pm »
I hope you are right, it is vital to keep the House in GOP hands.

No. The vitalness is with the Senate. The Rats can take the House but without the Senate and WH they can't do a damn thing. As a matter of fact if the Rats get the House they are going to go so nutso because of all the absurd promises they made the GOP will destroy them in 2020.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2018, 06:41:27 pm »

I'm hoping that the anger and disgust at the democrat smear carries through November 6th. If Republicans vote straight GOP, the House may remain GOP, too.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2018, 06:45:34 pm »
No. The vitalness is with the Senate. The Rats can take the House but without the Senate and WH they can't do a damn thing. As a matter of fact if the Rats get the House they are going to go so nutso because of all the absurd promises they made the GOP will destroy them in 2020.

The border wall and immigration reform is dead if the Rats take the House. The House in rat hands
means the end of investigating the corruption in Obama's DOJ/FBI/CIA/etc. Trump's agenda is
finished if the rats take the House.

Offline bilo

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2018, 06:46:44 pm »

I happened to catch Rush yesterday and he made an interesting point. The seats in most danger for the Pubs in the House are held by "moderates". If the Pubs can hold on in the House (I'm starting to think they will) the House should be more conservative.

On the Senate side only picking up 2 seats is pretty disappointing. The numbers are all in favor of the Pubs as far as the number of Rats trying to hold seats versus the number of Pubs. I think 4-5 seats is more realistic.

At this point, I don't think the polls accurately reflect the public's perception of the Rats. They are an angry mob looking to destroy anyone who gets in their way. They lack any civility, or common decency. I can't believe a majority of the country really wants at least 2 yrs of stupid investigations, attempted impeachments, and hysteria.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2018, 06:48:54 pm »
The border wall and immigration reform is dead if the Rats take the House. The House in rat hands
means the end of investigating the corruption in Obama's DOJ/FBI/CIA/etc. Trump's agenda is
finished if the rats take the House.

His agenda is going to slow to a crawl anyway. As soon as this election is over guess what starts.......the 2020 Presidential election.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2018, 06:50:07 pm »

Speaking of RCP ...   Check out the favorability ratings of US leaders (based on composite polling)

Favorability Ratings: U.S. Political Leaders

Favorable   Unfavorable   Spread
Donald Trump   41.5              54.5         -13.0
Nancy Pelosi   27.8              52.5         -24.7
Paul Ryan           30.7              52.3         -21.6
Chuck Schumer   29.3              43.0         -13.7
Mitch McConnell   22.8               47.5         -24.7

Trump beats them all.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline bilo

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2018, 06:52:01 pm »
Still, really good news for all of us who are doubting RBG can last another two years.

With a 53-47 margin, better chance we can tell difi to pound sand on the next SCOTUS nominee.

Also, I am not so sure this Kav backlash might have some carryover to the House.  I am guessing it will be close either way.

I doubt the Pubs will tell difi anything especially if Grassley is still chairman.

I think the Kavanaugh backlash will have a big effect. I think the mob mentality of the Rats and their calls for violence scare a lot of people, especially moms with sons. It could be wishful thinking, but other than deep blue states I don't think the Rats are going to add a lot of seats.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2018, 06:54:06 pm »
His agenda is going to slow to a crawl anyway. As soon as this election is over guess what starts.......the 2020 Presidential election.

True, off to the bar for my afternoon Scotch.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2018, 06:58:41 pm »
I doubt the Pubs will tell difi anything especially if Grassley is still chairman.

I think the Kavanaugh backlash will have a big effect. I think the mob mentality of the Rats and their calls for violence scare a lot of people, especially moms with sons. It could be wishful thinking, but other than deep blue states I don't think the Rats are going to add a lot of seats.

I'm hearing a rumor the Lindsey Gram is going to take over SJC. And there's a decent chance DiFi
might lose. With two rats running for that seat R's get to decide who wins. I hope all the R's in
Cali vote her out by voting for her opponent.

Offline bilo

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2018, 07:00:58 pm »
I'm hearing a rumor the Lindsey Gram is going to take over SJC. And there's a decent chance DiFi
might lose. With two rats running for that seat R's get to decide who wins. I hope all the R's in

She sure is a disgusting piece of work.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2018, 07:05:59 pm »

It could happen.  She's under fire from both sides.  The Pubbies have nobody to vote for, and the Rats in CA are farther to the left than DiFi, and prefer the Rat running against her.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2018, 07:09:34 pm »
It could happen.  She's under fire from both sides.  The Pubbies have nobody to vote for, and the Rats in CA are farther to the left than DiFi, and prefer the Rat running against her.

Honestly, her little Blasey - Ford stunt may be the one biggest factor with dims losing seats. I'll bet money she loses the seat.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2018, 07:13:04 pm »
Paul Ryan           30.7              52.3         -21.6

Funny thing is how Ryan is hated by both sides.  The Left says he's too conservative.  The Right says he's too liberal.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2018, 07:16:13 pm »
Funny thing is how Ryan is hated by both sides.  The Left says he's too conservative.  The Right says he's too liberal.

The Left said that Charlie Dent and Kasich were too Conservative. That's no yardstick for anything.

Offline bilo

« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2018, 07:21:11 pm »

It's what conservatives think that matters. The Pub party has moved to the right, thanks to the Tea party and obama.

It's good he's retiring. He was terrible. He reflected the sore loser wing of the Pub party. After Trump won he should have gotten behind Trump in a big way and all he did was "hedge his bets". If anything the Kavanaugh inquisition should have shown the few Pubs that didn't already realize it that the Rats are radical leftists who will destroy anyone who gets in their way.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2018, 07:23:43 pm »
Honestly, her little Blasey - Ford stunt may be the one biggest factor with dims losing seats. I'll bet money she loses the seat.

I don't see it.  RCP average has her up by 17.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2018, 07:24:31 pm »
I don't see it.  RCP average has her up by 17.

Sorry, I meant her committee chair seat.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2018, 07:39:55 pm »

The Kav fiasco was a huge negative for democrats and people have not forgotten it.  I think we'll keep majorities in both houses.

As for Ruth Bader Ginsburg, I don't see her lasting another year.  She seems to be in the latter stages of dementia.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2018, 08:00:23 pm »

In a recent interview, Grassley said that were a Supreme Court vacancy to occur in 2020, he would follow the Biden rule.  He needs to be replaced after the midterms.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2018, 08:12:57 pm »
Sorry, I meant her committee chair seat.

Hmmmm.  She's "ranking member," and only gets Chair if the Rats win the Majority.  I'm sure Chuckie Schumie will go down seniority lines when picking Chairs.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 08:14:25 pm by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.