Author Topic: Trump 2020? (Erickson)  (Read 2066 times)

Silver Pines

Re: Trump 2020? (Erickson)
« Reply #50 on: October 05, 2018, 11:52:29 pm »
@CatherineofAragon, Bigun is a good guy.  I know y'all disagreed on the Roy Moore thing (as did I), but Bigun is a solid, well-informed and well-intentioned person.

@Sanguine, It's nothing to do with Roy Moore.  He slandered my father, and when i told him he was a dead war veteran and asked him to retract it, he wouldn't.  You think I'm going to agree that he's well-intentioned?  Even now he refuses to own up to it, so please don't try to sell him to me.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #51 on: October 05, 2018, 11:59:03 pm »
@Sanguine, It's nothing to do with Roy Moore.  He slandered my father, and when i told him he was a dead war veteran and asked him to retract it, he wouldn't.  You think I'm going to agree that he's well-intentioned?  Even now he refuses to own up to it, so please don't try to sell him to me.

I'm obviously in over my head, so I'll just shut up.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #52 on: October 06, 2018, 12:10:40 am »
Of course Mr. Erickson is welcome on the Trump Train @mystery-ak  As are all recovering NTs.  Welcome aboard!

But a wise man once said, "trust, but verify".  And he was right.  So it's understandable that "Trumpers" who have been on the train for three years will sleep with one eye open --- just for a little while.

Well...I sure don't like how you referred some to *recovering NT's*..they are not recovering..they have had their faith restored in the way that Trump has ruled conservatively...

I
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #53 on: October 06, 2018, 12:50:34 am »
Well...I sure don't like how you referred some to *recovering NT's*..they are not recovering..they have had their faith restored in the way that Trump has ruled conservatively... 

I'm a little surprised this is what you focused on @mystery-ak  --- but okay, let's look at it.  I am not referring to all TBR NTs and include the full scope of national NTs in my comments.

The hatred for Donald Trump that *some* NTs held (and hold) was not because they believed he was "liberal" or not "conservative enough".  The President tossed that excuse in the trash bin six months into his presidency....but many NTs continued to cling to their hatred for him.  It morphed into "he's doing okay, but --- he tweets, he's not presidential, he has no morals, he's an embarrassment, the very essence of the MAN is abhorrent".  The hate became deeply personal and the need to keep it unrelenting.

For three years hating Donald Trump has been their political raison d'être  -- like an addict with this being their drug.  So I do not think using "recovering NT" for *some* is outrageous.  I think it is accurate.  They will need to be aware of and fight the pull of that drug on their political judgment for some time to come.

« Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 12:54:37 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Online corbe

« Reply #54 on: October 06, 2018, 12:59:16 am »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #55 on: October 06, 2018, 01:02:16 am »
I'm obviously in over my head, so I'll just shut up.

@Sanguine @CatherineofAragon @mystery-ak

I'm going to be as magnanimous as I know how here and say that if I, a veteran of a foreign war myself, have ever once disparaged the memory of ANY of our fallen heroes, I sincerely apologize. 

And, in celebration of today's events, I'm going to take both of the members I currently have on ignore off the list.  Can't guarantee it will last though.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #56 on: October 06, 2018, 01:03:52 am »

...uh.....which makes them "recovering NTs"     *****rollingeyes*****
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Silver Pines

« Reply #57 on: October 06, 2018, 01:11:16 am »
@Sanguine @CatherineofAragon @mystery-ak

I'm going to be as magnanimous as I know how here and say that if I, a veteran of a foreign war myself, have ever once disparaged the memory of ANY of our fallen heroes, I sincerely apologize. 

And, in celebration of today's events, I'm going to take both of the members I currently have on ignore off the list.  Can't guarantee it will last though.

@Bigun

Lol, magnanimous

Any Democrat would be proud of that "apology."  "If I have"---when someone else told you at the time your comment was disgraceful and over the line, and you refused to retract it and repeated it a second time.

Shove it

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #58 on: October 06, 2018, 01:12:46 am »
@Bigun

Lol, magnanimous

Any Democrat would be proud of that "apology."  "If I have"---when someone else told you at the time your comment was disgraceful and over the line, and you refused to retract it and repeated it a second time.

Shove it

@CatherineofAragon

I tried!  :seeya:

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #59 on: October 06, 2018, 01:14:06 am »
It's turned out to be a good day and I am in a good mood..for a change in the last month, so I am not going to get drawn in a tit for tat argument.

Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #60 on: October 06, 2018, 01:16:22 am »
@Bigun
@CatherineofAragon

I was hoping you two could make peace....not to be...
Support the USO

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #61 on: October 06, 2018, 01:17:32 am »
@Bigun
@CatherineofAragon

@mystery-ak

I guess not.  But I'm done with it.  She's back on ignore to stay.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 01:18:35 am by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #62 on: October 06, 2018, 01:18:22 am »
It's turned out to be a good day and I am in a good mood..for a change in the last month, so I am not going to get drawn in a tit for tat argument.

Is this your reply to me or someone else @mystery-ak

Silver Pines

« Reply #63 on: October 06, 2018, 01:30:18 am »
@Bigun
@CatherineofAragon

@mystery-ak

It's my dad.  He's dead and he fought so asses like this guy could sit in his recliner and flap his gums about his storied exploits with the local GOP or the Shriners or whatever.

He knows what he said, and at the time he refused to retract it, and even repeated it.

Now he's being "magnanimous" (doing me a favor) by apologizing "if".  It's a joke to him.  Anyone would probably feel the same as me if it were their own father, and some "support the troops" gasbag behaved this way.

It's no big deal.  Usually I look through him, and I'm sure he does the same.

« Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 01:31:08 am by CatherineofAragon »

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #64 on: October 06, 2018, 01:36:10 am »
@mystery-ak

It's my dad.  He's dead and he fought so asses like this guy could sit in his recliner and flap his gums about his storied exploits with the local GOP or the Shriners or whatever.

He knows what he said, and at the time he refused to retract it, and even repeated it.

Now he's being "magnanimous" (doing me a favor) by apologizing "if".  It's a joke to him.  Anyone would probably feel the same as me if it were their own father, and some "support the troops" gasbag behaved this way.

It's no big deal.  Usually I look through him, and I'm sure he does the same.

Well it's not to be settled..at least here so let's move on..
Support the USO

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #65 on: October 06, 2018, 03:36:41 am »
@Frank Cannon

You're kind of like the bear in that new Winnie The Pooh movie.  Look at him one way and he's cuddly.  Look again, and...something's weird.

:tongue2:

So you imagine me as a cartoon bear with a personality disorder? Sounds kinky. I can live with that.

Online corbe

« Reply #66 on: October 06, 2018, 03:48:25 am »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.