Author Topic: Trump 2020? (Erickson)  (Read 2055 times)

Offline cato potatoe

Trump 2020? (Erickson)
« on: October 05, 2018, 07:07:49 pm »
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2018/10/05/trump_2020_138259.html

I have wobbled back and forth on the idea of supporting President Donald Trump in 2020. I opposed him in 2016 and voted third-party. The candidate I supported, Evan McMullin, has, like so many others, abandoned all his values as his hatred of Trump poisons his conscience. I dare say the worst mistake in my life was not when I climbed a mountain only to remember I was scared of heights, or when I played with a scalpel that nearly cut off my finger as a kid. It was voting for McMullin.
<continued>

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Trump 2020? (Erickson)
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2018, 07:49:25 pm »
Impressive.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2018, 07:57:25 pm »
Eff him.

He's still dead to me.

....and apparently, to Rush Limbaugh, too.  (Erickson used to sub-host Rush's show)
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2018, 08:35:44 pm »
Eff him.

He's still dead to me.

....and apparently, to Rush Limbaugh, too.  (Erickson used to sub-host Rush's show)

Who out there could possibly still care what he thinks about anything? Sad though that RedState chose to make itself totally irrelevant...
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2018, 08:48:41 pm »
The candidate I supported, Evan McMullin, has, like so many others, abandoned all his values as his hatred of Trump poisons his conscience.

And this right here is why Erickson is always the stupidest man in the room. McMuffin was a Rat plant. He was never a GOPer much less a Conservative. Anyone who bought into that bullshit deserves to be treated like shit and perpetually mocked.

Silver Pines

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2018, 08:50:49 pm »
Lol, hilarious.  When I read that Erickson was going to vote for Trump, I thought half seriously that he would still be NT to the hardcores.   Seems it wasn't a joke.

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2018, 09:00:37 pm »
And this right here is why Erickson is always the stupidest man in the room. McMuffin was a Rat plant. He was never a GOPer much less a Conservative. Anyone who bought into that bullshit deserves to be treated like shit and perpetually mocked.

So he can vote for a third party again?  Boy, y'all are off to a good start.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2018, 09:03:14 pm »
Eff him.

He's still dead to me.

@DCPatriot

I was holding out hope that you would someday learn the art of target identification.   Guess not!
« Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 09:03:45 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2018, 09:05:11 pm »
So he can vote for a third party again?  Boy, y'all are off to a good start.

Yeah, he might as well if he won't be accepted into the fold even after publicly admitting he was wrong and had changed his mind based on more information.

Silver Pines

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2018, 09:08:43 pm »
The candidate I supported, Evan McMullin, has, like so many others, abandoned all his values as his hatred of Trump poisons his conscience.

@Frank Cannon

Treat me like shit and mock me then, because I voted for him (and I've said so before).  If I had it to do over again, I wouldn't, because he's turned out to be an ass.  I would have stayed home. 

First-class buttholery like I see on this thread is the reason I won't bother praising Trump anymore on this forum. 

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2018, 09:45:55 pm »
First-class buttholery like I see on this thread is the reason I won't bother praising Trump anymore on this forum.

Right?

Welcome to the club.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2018, 09:53:46 pm »
@Frank Cannon

Treat me like shit and mock me then, because I voted for him (and I've said so before).  If I had it to do over again, I wouldn't, because he's turned out to be an ass.  I would have stayed home. 

Well then you didn't do your homework because it was plain as day the guy was a Lib. That is why he is my favorite punching bag.

As for Trump I don't give a royal rats ass what you do, that's your business, but I never had you down as a supporter anyway.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2018, 09:58:59 pm »
Well then you didn't do your homework because it was plain as day the guy was a Lib. That is why he is my favorite punching bag.

As for Trump I don't give a royal rats ass what you do, that's your business, but I never had you down as a supporter anyway.

@Frank Cannon

You and your compadres doing everything possible to make sure she never becomes one.  And have the unmitigated gall to call other people stupid.   **nononono*
« Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 09:59:39 pm by Bigun »

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2018, 10:00:54 pm »
@Frank Cannon

You and your compadres doing everything possible to make sure she never becomes one.  And have the unmitigated gall to call other people stupid.   **nononono*

Listen. If some crank on a forum is scaring someone away from liking someone else, it's a lost cause.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2018, 10:06:28 pm »
Listen. If some crank on a forum is scaring someone away from liking someone else, it's a lost cause.

Well, he IS a bit of a crank.   :shrug:

Silver Pines

« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2018, 10:10:02 pm »

@Frank Cannon

I probably didn't do my homework.  We all make mistakes.  He didn't have a hope in hell of winning, regardless.

You don't get it.  I've seen it over and over--people start to warm up to Trump, and his supporters turn them right off. 

Eternal grudge-holding is for kids and losers. 

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2018, 10:11:29 pm »
@Frank Cannon

:amen:   888high58888

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2018, 10:12:52 pm »
@Frank Cannon

I probably didn't do my homework.  We all make mistakes.  He didn't have a hope in hell of winning, regardless.

You don't get it.  I've seen it over and over--people start to warm up to Trump, and his supporters turn them right off. 

Not for me. I still have an enemies list going back 30 years and I adhere to it. It's what makes me so fun loving and whimsical.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2018, 10:43:13 pm »
@DCPatriot

I was holding out hope that you would someday learn the art of target identification.   Guess not!

Please explain?

...because I'm not 'forgiving' that pecker for rushing out to become a proud NeverTrumper.

His street cred is in the toilet where it belongs.   

And furthermore, he himself admitted that voting 3rd party was the stupidest thing he's ever done.

Hope certain Briefing Room birdbrains take note.   And take heed.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2018, 10:51:32 pm »

Or what?

You'll go all Antifa on us?

Put guns to our heads to force us to vote the way you demand?

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2018, 10:56:28 pm »
Or what?

You'll go all Antifa on us?

Put guns to our heads to force us to vote the way you demand?

LOL!  So many questions....are you skeered?   wink777
« Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 11:06:48 pm by DCPatriot »

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2018, 10:56:44 pm »
Please explain?

...because I'm not 'forgiving' that pecker for rushing out to become a proud NeverTrumper.

His street cred is in the toilet where it belongs.   

And furthermore, he himself admitted that voting 3rd party was the stupidest thing he's ever done.

I don't give a damn what you think @DCPatriot. But you don't have to keep telling everyone in range!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online corbe

« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2018, 10:58:22 pm »
   Maybe Erickson want's to get the hell out of dodge and is looking around early for a Train, Plane, anything, not unlike Jeff Sessions in 2015.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2018, 10:59:49 pm »
I don't give a damn what you think @DCPatriot. But you don't have to keep telling everyone in range!

Listen up, Bub.

Piss on the remaining Briefing Room NTers.

...unless they're on fire. 

MAGA!! :patriot:

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2018, 10:59:58 pm »
LOL!  Some many questions....are you skeered?   wink777

Of stupid idiots who think they are all big and bad because they think they ready to dance for Trump????

Nope.

Not a whit.

I'm ready.