Author Topic: ‘We oppose biological essentialism’: Campus feminists embrace transgender ideology  (Read 402 times)

rangerrebew

â€˜We oppose biological essentialism’: Campus feminists embrace transgender ideology
Sarah George - Georgetown University •September 28, 2018

Groups oppose ‘trans-exclusionary’ politics

Controversy has been brewing among feminist over the use and significance of the term “TERF.” The acronym stands for “Trans-Exclusionary Radical Feminist” and the term, as well as the ideology it represents, have become points of contention in the new age of “intersectional feminism.” Campus feminist groups reached out to by The College Fix, meanwhile, are largely lining up on one side of the issue.

Transgender ideology holds that men who “identify” as women are actually women and should be treated as such, and vice-versa. So-called “trans-exclusionary” feminists, on the other hand, believe, according to a report from Inside Higher Ed, that “the interests of cisgender women (those who are born with vaginas) don’t necessarily intersect with those of transgender women (primarily those born with penises).”

https://www.thecollegefix.com/we-oppose-biological-essentialism-campus-feminists-embrace-transgender-ideology/

Online dfwgator

Gender Deniers!

Silver Pines

The other night on Twitter, a woman was complaining about hating the femaleness of her body.  She said, "I'm having a bad evening.  I really just want to cut off my breasts."

It's mental illness of the worst kind, and it's celebrated.