Author Topic: Dershowitz: When It Is a White Man Being Accused by the Left of Sexual Offenses All the Rules are Ca  (Read 328 times)

rangerrebew

Dershowitz: When It Is a White Man Being Accused by the Left of Sexual Offenses All the Rules are Called Off (Video)
Jim Hoft by Jim Hoft October 1, 2018

Author and attorney Alan Dershowitz joined FOX and Friends Monday morning to discuss the ongoing Kavanaugh confirmation process and FBI investigation.

Dershowitz went off on the liberal media and their obvious double standard on Judge Kavanaugh.

Alan Dershowitz: Look, the myth out there is that this is a job interview. Nonsense! First of all, if it was ever a job interview, you don’t start your job interview with half of your potential employers saying we’re not going to hire you under any circumstances. Second, once a person is accused publicly of specific, focused crimes that are career destroying, that job interview metaphor disappears. You have to now prove those allegations by clear and convincing evidence with due process. Imagine if the situation were different. Imagine if a liberal Democrat president had appointed the first Muslim American to the Supreme Court and somebody said, “Oh year, I remember when he was a terrorist when he was 17.” The ACLU would be all over this case. No, can’t presume guilt of terrorism. Everybody would be saying the burden of proof is so heavily – but when the shoe is on the other foot, when it is a white man being accused by the left of sexual offenses all the rules are called off. The rules of presumption of innocence, the rules of due process. We know he’s guilty because he’s a white man, she’s a woman, she’s a survivor. That’s the end of the inquiry.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2018/10/dershowitz-when-it-is-a-white-man-being-accused-by-the-left-of-sexual-offenses-all-the-rules-are-called-off-video/

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
He's exactly right.  It is a job interview when he's being interviewed by Trump.  But once you get to including Democrats in the process, there isn't even conceptual agreement on the kind of candidate you want to hire.  The Democrats were never interviewing him for a job in good faith.  They were seeking from the start to sabotage the nomination.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I realize that Mr. Dershowitz "came from the left", but -- like David Horowitz before him -- I sense that he has had "second thoughts".

I'd like to see him offered a position in the Trump administration.
Not sure what that might be.

But Alan has been "talkin' the talk" for a while now.
Is he willing to "walk the walk", as well...?