Author Topic: Top House Democrat: We're Going To Investigate Kavanaugh If He's Confirmed (And Move To Impeach Him)  (Read 891 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Top Democrat: House Judiciary needs to investigate 'credible' accusations against Kavanaugh if Senate does not
by Naomi Lim
 | September 30, 2018 10:22 AM

The top Democrat on the House Judiciary Committee declared Sunday that his panel, should it fall under control of Democrats, would have to probe any credible allegation of wrongdoing against Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh if the Senate fails to act following an FBI probe.

"We can't have a justice on the Supreme Court for the next several decades who will be deciding questions of liberty, and life, and death, all kinds of things for the entire American people, who has been credibly accused of sexual assaults, who has been credibly accused of various other wrong things, including perjury," Rep. Jerrold Nadler, D-N.Y., said during an interview with ABC News' "This Week."

"This has to be thoroughly investigated," he continued. "I hope the Senate will do so. If he's on the Supreme Court and the Senate hasn't investigated, then I think the House will have to."

Nadler's comments follow House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., on Saturday saying during an appearance at the 2018 Texas Tribune Festival that Kavanaugh should not be on a federal appeals court, let alone the Supreme Court, if he is found to have lied to Congress or the FBI.

Nadler added Sunday that Kavanaugh, if confirmed, should recuse himself from any Supreme Court case brought by a Democrat given the attacks he leveled last week at Democrats on the Senate Judiciary Committee as he defended himself against allegations of sexual misconduct by Christine Blasey Ford and other women.

"His evident animus toward the entire Democratic Party, toward people associated with it, like the Clintons, should be disqualifying," he said. "He showed no judicial temperament. I'm astonished that a judge, even one in a position such as he was in, where he considers himself unfairly attacked, still has to behave as a judge."

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/top-democrat-house-judiciary-needs-to-investigate-credible-accusations-against-kavanaugh-if-senate-does-not
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
You betcha, Waddler.  Knock yourself out.  I'm sure the Senate will back you up.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Top House Democrat: We're Going To Investigate Kavanaugh If He's Confirmed (And Move To Impeach Him)
Matt Vespa

@mvespa1
|
Posted: Sep 30, 2018 5:45 PM

Alas, there it is, folks; we have another chapter in the saga of the Brett Kavanaugh Supreme Court battle. The judge has been fighting a vicious character assassination campaign executed by the Left. They’ve weaponized the Me Too movement. Three women with accusations of sexual misconduct have engulfed this process in chaos. All three have no corroborating witnesses, all three have zero evidence, and all three came forward at the 11thhour. The allegations are thin. One of the accusers is represented by Michael Avenatti, so you where the credibility for that allegation rests. Nevertheless, the Democrats cannot allow a conservative judge take a seat, where that bloc will have a 5-4 majority for the next generation—and there’s Ruth Bader Ginsburg, who definitely won’t be filing that seat in that span of time. It’s all about stopping the dominoes from falling. Even if Kavanaugh if confirmed, which has been placed in doubt thanks to Sen. Jeff Fake (R-AZ) delaying the final vote until an FBI investigation can be conducted, the Democrats will still investigate him, and make the case to impeach him should he be seated.

You see, as we’ve written before, this was never just going to endwhen the Senate holds the confirmation vote. Rep. Jerrold Nadler (D-NY), the ranking member on the House Judiciary Committee, told ABC News’ George Stephanopoulos this morning that if the Senate doesn’t investigate these claim, including perjury, because Democrats don’t believe Kavanaugh no matter what, then the House will get the ball moving on looking into these charges.

more
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2018/09/30/top-house-democrat-were-going-to-investigate-kavanaugh-if-hes-confirmed-n2524079
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
In their Communist wet dreams.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
You betcha, Waddler.  Knock yourself out.  I'm sure the Senate will back you up.

I heard a nice rant by Bongino this morning and he said one of the top reasons the dems wanted Hillary was because of the Supreme Court.

He said, and I agree, that the dems count on a liberal court to make laws that they could never get passed through the Congressional process.  And he said that one of the things Trump ran on was Court appointments.  Trump laid out a list ahead of time of the justices he would consider for the Supreme Court and the were all excellent jurists and totally unacceptable to the democrats.

If there is anything the dems don't want, it is a fair justice on the court.

They passed Gorsuch because he didn't really change the balance but they got the pitchforks and fire out for Kavanaugh.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline cato potatoe

This is why I don't believe the republic will last.  Modern day progressives are a cancer in the body politic.  We see now that anytime a Republican wins, they will use whatever means necessary to overturn the results of the election.  The rank and file conservatives aren't just going to sit around for years on end and watch this happen.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
We must defeat democrats everywhere in November if we are to have ANY hope of saving this Republic!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
We must defeat democrats everywhere in November if we are to have ANY hope of saving this Republic!

I agree @Bigun   This latest dirty trick should make it obvious to everyone the true evil of the democrats.  Any Republican is better.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.