Author Topic: Flake: Kavanaugh initially sounded like someone who had been ‘unjustly accused’  (Read 640 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Flake: Kavanaugh initially sounded like someone who had been ‘unjustly accused’
By Megan Keller - 09/30/18 11:00 AM EDT

Sen. Jeff Flake (R-Ariz.) said in an interview to be broadcast Sunday evening that Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh's opening statement at a hearing on sexual assault allegations was consistent with that of someone who has been unjustly accused.

"When I heard him, I heard someone who I hope I would sound like, if I had been unjustly accused," Flaked told CBS's "60 Minutes" when asked about Kavanaugh's judicial temperament.

“If I was unjustly accused, that’s how I would feel, as well. And as it went on – I think his interaction with some of the members was a little too sharp,” he added.

“But the statement in the beginning, I thought was pretty raw but in keeping with someone who had been unjustly accused.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/409131-flake-kavanaugh-initially-sounded-like-someone-who-had-been-unjustly-accused
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
But then, Traitor Flake?  Was that when you caved in to the well-staged screaming in the elevator?

9999hair out0000
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline cato potatoe

Flake: "But the statement in the beginning, I thought was pretty raw but in keeping with someone who had been unjustly accused.”

Well Jeff, with any luck, you will get to experience the same thing at some point.  Show us how it's done.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I've yet to be convinced that either this guy or the two "weak sisters" are going to vote 'aye' for Kavanaugh, investigation or no...

Offline Frank Cannon

Flake's a douche.

Offline dfwgator

"And as it went on – I think his interaction with some of the members was a little too sharp,” he added."

He's a 'no', folks.

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
"And as it went on – I think his interaction with some of the members was a little too sharp,” he added."

When "the members" are lying character assassins, the interaction *should* be sharp.  I hope "the members" experience a sharp interaction with voters at each of their next elections.  Unfortunately, some were merely representing their constituencies faithfully.  The "indivisible" union is not long for this world at this rate.

Flake revealed himself as a coward in the elevator. He should be reduced to a pariah.  In a more enlightened day, voters would have shipped canes to Congress so that a real patriot could "finish the job" on the Senate floor.
James 1:20

Offline dfwgator

When "the members" are lying character assassins, the interaction *should* be sharp.  I hope "the members" experience a sharp interaction with voters at each of their next elections.  Unfortunately, some were merely representing their constituencies faithfully.  The "indivisible" union is not long for this world at this rate.

Flake revealed himself as a coward in the elevator. He should be reduced to a pariah.  In a more enlightened day, voters would have shipped canes to Congress so that a real patriot could "finish the job" on the Senate floor.

I'm convinced Flake staged the whole thing to give him cover.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
I'm convinced Flake staged the whole thing to give him cover.

I'm almost worried now that even a positive investigation for Kavanaugh, say, he comes out as clean as a whistle may not be good enough for Flake, Murkowski, Collins. Flake is showing himself to be a real backstabber, lowest of the low....horrible.

Offline RetBobbyMI

Flake got his payola so now he’s free to say anything.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
TomSea observes (correctly):
"I'm almost worried now that even a positive investigation for Kavanaugh, say, he comes out as clean as a whistle may not be good enough for Flake, Murkowski, Collins."

Well, man...

Why do you think I've been recommending a certain course of action by the president over the last several days, that EVERYONE in this forum is against?

Do you want Judge Kavanaugh on the Court, or don't you?

I do. And I'm willing to go "thermonuclear" to get that done.
I'm wondering if Mr. Trump isn't thinking along the same lines....