Author Topic: Crime and nourishment – the link between food and offending behaviour  (Read 449 times)

rangerrebew

Crime and nourishment – the link between food and offending behaviour
September 28, 2018 by Hazel Flight, John Marsden And Sean Creaney, The Conversation

It is well known that eating a balanced diet is of vital importance for maintaining good health and well-being. It is also one of the great social pleasures of life. Yet, far too many young people in prisons are consuming a poor diet, lacking in nutrition.

Alarmingly, research suggests over half of food items available for purchase in some prisons in the UK and the US are "high in fat or sugar". It has also been suggested that in the US, prison food has been described as "scant, joyless, and unsavoury". But it doesn't have to be like this. Sant'angelo dei lombardi in Italy is said to have one of the best fed prisons in the world, where prisoners work to produce organic fruit and vegetables and leave healthier than when admitted.

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2018-09-crime-nourishment-link-food-behaviour.html

rangerrebew

Is this the lead in to the government mandating what foods can be eaten, or how much can be consumed at a sitting, or what vegetables and fruits must be eaten each day?  Moochelle tried it on schools and if the democrats get the chance, I have to believe they will try it on the nation. 22222frying pan

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Is this the lead in to the government mandating what foods can be eaten, or how much can be consumed at a sitting, or what vegetables and fruits must be eaten each day?  Moochelle tried it on schools and if the democrats get the chance, I have to believe they will try it on the nation. 22222frying pan
If they do it might be the the final act that initiates a revolution by those that the democrats count on for their base.............illegals and others on welfare! They will take a lot, but won't tolerate having their food choices , uh, dicktated to them!