Author Topic: What Your Sons and Daughters Will Learn at University  (Read 719 times)

rangerrebew

What Your Sons and Daughters Will Learn at University
« on: September 21, 2018, 01:31:39 pm »
What Your Sons and Daughters Will Learn at University

By Philip Carl Salzman September 4, 2018

Universities in the 20th century were dedicated to the advancement of knowledge. Scholarship and research were pursued, and diverse opinions were exchanged and argued in the “marketplace of ideas.”

This is no longer the case. Particularly in the social sciences, humanities, education, social work, and law, a single political ideology has replaced scholarship and research, because the ideology presents fixed answers to all questions. And, although the most important thing in universities today is the diversity of race, gender, sexual practice, ethnicity, economic class, and physical and mental capability, there is no longer diversity of opinion. Only those committed to the ideology are admitted to academic staff or administration.

Universities have been transformed by the near-universal adoption of three interrelated theories: postmodernism, postcolonialism, and social justice. These theories and their implications will be explored here.

https://www.mindingthecampus.org/2018/09/04/what-your-sons-and-daughters-will-learn-at-university/

Offline ConstitutionRose

Re: What Your Sons and Daughters Will Learn at University
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2018, 01:45:22 pm »
My granddaughter has chosen to go to a Christian university.  My grandson is a very advanced student and at age 12 requires college courses.  I don't know what we are going to do for him.  He certainly doesn't need to be in the atmosphere of most institutions of higher education.  There are only so many AP courses he can take thru the high school.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2018, 02:22:53 pm »
My granddaughter has chosen to go to a Christian university.  My grandson is a very advanced student and at age 12 requires college courses.  I don't know what we are going to do for him.  He certainly doesn't need to be in the atmosphere of most institutions of higher education.  There are only so many AP courses he can take thru the high school.

Hopefully he will go into a STEM field where the indoctrination is less of an issue than in any other fields.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2018, 08:20:34 pm »
What they should learn, if nothing else, is that
credentials/degrees are a modern educrat fad.
Beginning w/the wise Ancients, thru the philosophers of
the High Middle Ages and then to the English Whigs of the
18th century; the Great Minds of Man were self-taught.
Just reflect a moment.
How did these poor things survive and thrive w/o PhD's?????
« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 08:25:19 pm by Absalom »