Author Topic: My son was murdered by an illegal immigrant. Neither he nor Mollie Tibbetts deserved to die.  (Read 350 times)

rangerrebew

My son was murdered by an illegal immigrant. Neither he nor Mollie Tibbetts deserved to die.
Agnes Gibboney, Opinion contributor Published 4:22 p.m. ET Aug. 23, 2018 | Updated 5:57 p.m. ET Aug. 23, 2018

I don't need to imagine Mollie Tibbetts' parents' pain — I live with it every day. Until Congress enforces immigration law, so will other parents.

When what we all feared was finally confirmed, that Mollie Tibbetts, a promising 20-year-old college student, had indeed been killed, we all imagined the pain that Rob Tibbetts and Laura Calderwood, Mollie’s parents, must have felt.

I didn’t have to imagine their pain. I experienced it myself 16 years ago when my son, Ronald Da Silva, was murdered, and I have been living with it every day since. Another thing I share with Rob and Laura is the gut-wrenching knowledge that our grief was entirely avoidable.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/voices/2018/08/23/illegal-immigrant-molly-tibbitts-murder-crime-column/1074055002/?utm_source=feedblitz&utm_medium=FeedBlitzRss&utm_campaign=usatoday-newstopstories