Author Topic: NBC’s Chuck Todd Wants Paul Ryan to Launch Trump Impeachment Proceedings Now  (Read 588 times)

rangerrebew

NBC’s Chuck Todd Wants Paul Ryan to Launch Trump Impeachment Proceedings Now

Donald Trump, Justin Trudeau, Paul Ryan
The Associated Press
24 Aug 2018
NBC’s Chuck Todd said Wednesday that a “functional” Washington and Congress would start impeachment proceedings against President Trump now.

After falsely claiming Trump has been accused of “federal crime,” a noticeably excited Todd said on the Today Show:

The Judiciary Committee in the House of Representatives would begin to look to see if there’s enough evidence to start investigating and drawing up articles of impeachment, but this is not a functional Congress. This is a Congress controlled by Republicans. They would have to do this on their own president. But I have to tell you, I think there is going to be increased political heat, and you’re going to have a divided Republican party: those who are fearing Trump as a drag and those that know that his base is there till the end.

https://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism/2018/08/24/nbcs-chuck-todd-wants-paul-ryan-launch-trump-impeachment-proceedings-now/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+breitbart+%28Breitbart+News%29

rangerrebew

I wouldn't put it by him.  In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Ryan moves out of the district he now represents and moves to some liberal district and runs again as a democrat.  On the other hand, if someone is impeached but not convicted, can that person be impeached again or does that fall under double jeopardy? :pondering:

Offline Timothy Dennis

Truly this entire fiasco is nothing more that a witch-hunt. Some "Trumped-up" charges that amount to next to nothing. Furthermore, if the Dems do manage to impeach Trump, the Republicans should initiate an inquiry into Hillary Clinton's actions which were the ORIGINAL points of investigation in the Russian collusion case. Remember the email scandal and the Fusion fiasco?   

Offline Night Hides Not

I wouldn't put it by him.  In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Ryan moves out of the district he now represents and moves to some liberal district and runs again as a democrat.  On the other hand, if someone is impeached but not convicted, can that person be impeached again or does that fall under double jeopardy? :pondering:

A pictorial representation:

You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline skeeter

Truly this entire fiasco is nothing more that a witch-hunt. Some "Trumped-up" charges that amount to next to nothing. Furthermore, if the Dems do manage to impeach Trump, the Republicans should initiate an inquiry into Hillary Clinton's actions which were the ORIGINAL points of investigation in the Russian collusion case. Remember the email scandal and the Fusion fiasco?

Of course its a witch hunt.

I'm afraid the political landscape has permanently changed. By now everyone knows their vote won't count unless the State approves of their choice.

What remains to be seen is how the disenfranchised portion of the electorate will react afterwards. I do not think they'll just fall back into line as the GOP, or the DNC for that matter, expects.

« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 04:52:24 pm by skeeter »

Online libertybele

That ship has sailed long ago....Republicans should have ... and they haven't.  There has been mounting evidence for years against Hillary (and Bubba for that matter) yet she remains unscathed; she is well insulated within the DOJ.  Not going to happen.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
NBC’s Chuck Todd Wants Paul Ryan to Launch Trump Impeachment Proceedings Now

Donald Trump, Justin Trudeau, Paul Ryan
The Associated Press
24 Aug 2018
NBC’s Chuck Todd said Wednesday that a “functional” Washington and Congress would start impeachment proceedings against President Trump now.

After falsely claiming Trump has been accused of “federal crime,” a noticeably excited Todd said on the Today Show:

The Judiciary Committee in the House of Representatives would begin to look to see if there’s enough evidence to start investigating and drawing up articles of impeachment, but this is not a functional Congress. This is a Congress controlled by Republicans. They would have to do this on their own president. But I have to tell you, I think there is going to be increased political heat, and you’re going to have a divided Republican party: those who are fearing Trump as a drag and those that know that his base is there till the end.

https://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism/2018/08/24/nbcs-chuck-todd-wants-paul-ryan-launch-trump-impeachment-proceedings-now/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+breitbart+%28Breitbart+News%29

@rangerrebew

Of course he does. The lip-biting little fairy works for Nothing But Communists.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!