Author Topic: Schumer proposes naming Senate building after McCain  (Read 672 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Schumer proposes naming Senate building after McCain
« on: August 26, 2018, 02:06:57 am »
Washington Times, Aug 25, 2018, Stephen Dinan

Senate Minority Leader Charles E. Schumer said Saturday he will push to rename one of the Senate’s office buildings after the late Sen. John McCain.

The building Mr. Schumer has in mind is the Russell Senate Office Building, named after Sen. Richard Russell Jr. Mr. Russell was a conservative Democrat from Georgia who was seen as an opponent of the civil rights movement, making his name on a Senate building controversial.

“Nothing will overcome the loss of Senator McCain, but so that generations remember him I will be introducing a resolution to rename the Russell building after him,” Mr. Schumer said on Twitter just after Mr. McCain’s office announced his death.

More:  https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/aug/25/schumer-proposes-naming-senate-building-after-mcca/

« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 02:07:38 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline dfwgator

Re: Schumer proposes naming Senate building after McCain
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2018, 02:08:54 am »
Funny how Democrats love Republicans after they lose the Presidential election.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2018, 02:14:06 am »
Schumer is shedding crocodile tears. Who did Schumer vote for; McCain or Obama?

Nobody has to worry about McCain being remembered. Anyone who studies politics will definitely know of McCain's uber hawkishness as well as his duplicitous political shenanigans. He will be remembered. There is no doubt of that.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2018, 02:36:01 am »

Doesn't he already have a naval destroyer  named after him?  That should be plenty.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2018, 02:56:31 am »
Washington Times, Aug 25, 2018, Stephen Dinan

Senate Minority Leader Charles E. Schumer said Saturday he will push to rename one of the Senate’s office buildings after the late Sen. John McCain.

The building Mr. Schumer has in mind is the Russell Senate Office Building, named after Sen. Richard Russell Jr. Mr. Russell was a conservative Democrat from Georgia who was seen as an opponent of the civil rights movement, making his name on a Senate building controversial.

“Nothing will overcome the loss of Senator McCain, but so that generations remember him I will be introducing a resolution to rename the Russell building after him,” Mr. Schumer said on Twitter just after Mr. McCain’s office announced his death.

More:  https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/aug/25/schumer-proposes-naming-senate-building-after-mcca/

That should show people McCain was not for the American people! SCHUMER!!!!  Then One note Juan Williams on Fox, praising McCain.  He was NO republican.  GANG OF EIGHT,  RINO.  I find it odd to praise him at all.  We praise traitors now?

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2018, 02:58:54 am »
Schumer is shedding crocodile tears. Who did Schumer vote for; McCain or Obama?

Nobody has to worry about McCain being remembered. Anyone who studies politics will definitely know of McCain's uber hawkishness as well as his duplicitous political shenanigans. He will be remembered. There is no doubt of that.

Vietnam veterans know him well!  And not for being any "hero". 

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2018, 03:00:18 am »
Doesn't he already have a naval destroyer  named after him?  That should be plenty.

His past history with things that float fly and fornicate has not be stellar.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2018, 03:03:30 am »

NO. McCain was NOT a republican. He was a shill for the democrats.  RINO.  They "love' him for all his  dastardly deeds. He harmed America and Americans. Wanting sleep overs with islamists. hint. Confirmed.