Author Topic: Labor Camp Jasenovac (Croatia WWII)  (Read 838 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Labor Camp Jasenovac (Croatia WWII)
« on: August 20, 2018, 05:57:02 pm »
Labor Camp Jasenovac
(picture at link)
Igor Vukic, author “Labor Camp Jasenovac”

Wherever you look, whether in books, tourist or other flyers and brochures, newspapers, digital or online media, Jasenovac site for World War II victims is portrayed as Jasenovac Concentration Camp (at times it has been referred to as an extermination camp) – within the context of the Holocaust. This portrayal of Jasenovac camp was initiated and established by the communist Yugoslavia regime in which a great number of Serbs played important, decisive, roles. That is a historical fact! I myself, for the benefit of public attention focus, in my writings throughout many years, have referred to it under that title because that was the name by which the world’s public was trained to recognise it. That is so in spite of the fact that all of my writings delved into the issues of scandalously pumped-up victim numbers and the concealment (by communists and pro-communists) of historical truth which shows that Jasenovac camp remained opened for a number of years after WWII for the purposes of communist purges and murders.

The past few months, in Croatia and worldwide, have particularly been coloured by escalated accusations and malicious allegations of neo-fascism or neo-Nazism supposedly gaining more and more ground in Croatia. Media articles and television and radio sources have been riddled with such fabricated monstrosities. Needless to say that the historical and patriotic greeting/salute “For Home Ready” (Za Dom Spremni) used in Croatia for centuries has, to former communists and pro-Communists and left-leaning political echelons, just like Jasenovac camp, become (utterly undeservingly) a symbol of neo-fascism and neo-Nazism. With leading Croatian journalists, writers, activists… being bullied and sanctioned (losing their jobs and livelihood etc.) for even daring to utter the notion that the WWII and post-WWII recorded Croatian history needs to be properly researched and brought to light, the courage for truth becomes more and more perilous for its seeker. It has come to this: those that sow rejection of fascism actually practice it, hiding their pathetic regard for truth and human rights, under vicious “antifascist” skirts.

Read more at: https://inavukic.com/2018/08/18/labor-camp-jasenovac/

Offline TomSea

Re: Labor Camp Jasenovac (Croatia WWII)
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2018, 06:01:29 pm »
Sometimes, it's interesting to read what others say about their role in history, written from their perspective.  I'm not judging on whether it is right or wrong.

As an example, take when people speak of Erdogan and Turkey. Per writer Stephen Kinzer (yeah, appears to be a lefty, one can still gather information),  Erdogan's background is that his ancestors came from Georgia escaping "persecution" there. I have no idea if his name is actually Turk. I'd probably tend to think it is at that.  Still, as for he himself, he would seem to have little to do with the past misdeeds of Turkey. I'm just trying to find out about these things.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2018, 07:20:00 pm »
All I know is that the WWII-era Croats were in league with the Nazis. They - the Nazis and the Croats - committed a mass execution of Serbs in the small town of Ponikve, where my husband's paternal grandfather's people lived.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline The_Reader_David

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2018, 04:14:26 pm »
All I know is that the WWII-era Croats were in league with the Nazis. They - the Nazis and the Croats - committed a mass execution of Serbs in the small town of Ponikve, where my husband's paternal grandfather's people lived.

The Croatian Ustashe were in league with the Nazis, and their mass executions of Serbs were so horrific that they were rebuked by the Nazis and told to find more human ways of committing mass murder.

The fact that there had never really been a de-ustashefication of Croatia corresponding to the de-nazification of Germany and that the newly declared independent Croatia adopted the same flag that the Ustashe regime had used contributed to the Serb uprising against being ruled by Croatia that was part of the wars of the Yugoslav dissolution in the 1990s.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2018, 04:24:22 pm »
In 1991, the Croats firebombed my husband's cousin's home in Ogulin because he and his family are Serbs.We visited in 1998 and saw the damage that remained to the building.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2018, 04:27:02 pm »

With the tacit approval of The Vatican.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2018, 04:39:12 pm »
Like I said in the other thread, I read every book I could on Yugoslavia. I will research points of contention for myself.  These feuds and rivalries go back centuries.

For the record, I don't always get to turn on the radio and listen to different programs, this is not a religious forum but I was reminded last week, August 14th was the day of martyrdom for Maximilian Kolbe, so FWIW....
« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 05:32:30 pm by TomSea »

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2018, 05:37:07 pm »
August 14th was the day of martyrdom for Maximilian Kolbe, so FWIW....
A true hero of the faith.