Author Topic: "Free speech rally" in Boston draws counter-protesters  (Read 334 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
"Free speech rally" in Boston draws counter-protesters
« on: August 18, 2018, 08:56:21 pm »
CBS/AP August 18, 2018, 4:31 PM
"Free speech rally" in Boston draws counter-protesters
Share  Tweet  Reddit  Flipboard  Email
Last Updated Aug 18, 2018 12:57 PM EDT

BOSTON -- A "free speech rally" held Saturday in front of Boston City Hall ended peacefully despite the presence of counter-protesters in the same area, CBS Boston reported.

Members of the free speech rally said they were defending their first amendment rights as they arrived at City Hall around noon. They said they are not white supremacists.

The city did not grant them permits for their rally, but the group marched and will hold speeches at Government Center anyway. 

The Associated Press reported that Boston Free Speech organized the conservative event. Organizer John Medlar said it is meant to call out Internet censorship and "violent suppression of discourse in the public square." According to a Facebook page for the event, the rally was also organized by Resist Marxism.

Read more at: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/free-speech-rally-in-boston-draws-counter-protesters-today-2018-08-18/

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. The first amendment. These people really should not run into controversy by merely organizing like this. From the looks of it, I'd agree with them.