Author Topic: Rosenstein Defends 'Government Lawyers,' DOJ, and Indirectly, Himself  (Read 232 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Rosenstein Defends 'Government Lawyers,' DOJ, and Indirectly, Himself

The Justice Department must "hold people accountable when they violate the rules," but it "must never be a partisan actor," Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein said in a speech to the American Bar Association's annual meeting in Chicago on Thursday.

"In all cases, agents and prosecutors are obligated to make neutral decisions, preserve personal privacy, protect national security, and insulate investigations from political interference."

Rosenstein's speech came as President Trump continues to rail against Special Counsel Robert Mueller's investigation as a "disgrace" and a "TOTAL HOAX," and as Mueller brings his first case stemming from that investigation...............

..........Rosenstein mentioned President Trump by name only once, at the very end of his speech:

President Trump selected a superb team of skilled and principled lawyers to lead the Department of Justice and our U.S. Attorney’s Offices. Attorney General Jeff Sessions emphasizes that we do “not represent any narrow interest or any subset of the American people. We represent all of the American people and protect the integrity of our Constitution.”.............

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/susan-jones/rosenstein-defends-government-lawyers-doj-and-indirectly-himself
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.