Author Topic: Dem Candidate Says ‘If Elected, I’ll Be the First Native American Woman in Congress,’ Right Before  (Read 901 times)

rangerrebew

Dem Candidate Says ‘If Elected, I’ll Be the First Native American Woman in Congress,’ Right Before Warren Speaks
Posted By Andrew Kugle On August 3, 2018 @ 5:05 pm In Politics | No Comments
Elizabeth Warren   

Democratic congressional candidate Deb Haaland said at the Netroots Nation conference on Friday that if she is elected, she will be the first Native American woman in Congress.

"My name is Deb Haaland, I'm the Democratic nominee for New Mexico's 1st Congressional District. If elected, I would be the first Native American woman in Congress," Haaland said.

URL to article: https://freebeacon.com/politics/dem-candidate-elected-first-native-american-woman-congress-warren-speaks/

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Why doesn't she fight for Native American children instead of advocating abortion rights?  Continue the genocide of Native Americans.  Yep she is a real advocate for her people alright.

I wonder why all the gaming doesn't provide for better schools on the Reservations.  Education, poverty, drugs and alcohol drive young women to abort their children.  She talks about her own daughter in minimum wage job as reason to advocate for equal employment.  What exactly has she done for the Reservation to improve education and family?  Isn't family an important Native American value?

What is happening on these Reservations?
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Chosen Daughter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7U5FR5a1i5M

The Land: The Navajo population is at least 10 times larger than all other tribes in the U.S., with the exception of the Choctaw and other tribes in Oklahoma. The Navajo Nation consists of 27,000 square miles in Arizona, New Mexico, and Utah — the largest reserve in the U.S. Navajo tribal lands are a paradox: majestic beauty and rough terrain, a mix of arid deserts and canyons, mesas and mountains climbing 10,000 feet upward, volcanic activity, and dramatic erosion, and millions of acres of Ponderosa pine, Douglas fir, Piñon pine, and Juniper. Local water sources are somewhat limited, in part due to contamination from mining.

Current Economy: “The Navajo economy is often compared to a third world country.” But progress is being made. The Navajo Nation draws income from mining, tourism, land leases, taxes (including income tax), commercial entities and shopping centers, utilities, recently developed gaming, the Navajo Times newspaper, federal/state funding, and in-kind services related to health and education. Natural resources such as coal, oil, and gas, uranium, copper, fractured sand, helium, gypsum, clay, and gravel are also mined by non-tribal entities who lease mineral rights from non-tribal governmental authorities.

Education & Income: According to the Navajo Nation’s economic development report, the average high school graduation rate is 32%. About 5% of the Navajo people have a bachelor’s degree. Per capita income is about $7,100 per year, well below the U.S. average. Unemployment averages 50%. About 60% of the people live below poverty. Many people work in agricultural, manufacturing, or railroad jobs that are off-reservation. On the reservation, there are about 425 non-Native employers and 215 Native employers, tribal jobs, state and BIA jobs, and the industries mentioned above. Many of the geographic areas on the reservation lack the infrastructure to create businesses and jobs at this time. About 20% of the homes lack utilities (electricity and running water); about half of the homes lack telephones.

Learn More:
 Navajo Culture: http://www.navajobusiness.com/fastFacts/Culture.htm
Navajo Business: http://www.navajobusiness.com/pdf/CEDS/CED_NN_Final_09_10.pdf
Navajo Lands: http://www.cba.nau.edu/caied/tribepages/Navajo.asp

Who Deb Haaland is:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/jul/26/deb-haaland-native-american-woman-first-elected-congress

Looks like her idea to help her tribe, which is one of the most poverty stricken in the U.S is more welfare and abortion.  This is truly sad.  Her biggest position is abortion rights.  How about promoting family values?  Looks like her daughter had no father and her granddaughter has none either.  They therefore do raise their families alone. 
« Last Edit: August 04, 2018, 07:04:26 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Their "war" they've been fighting with the Hopi has not helped their overall situation.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Must see article:

There have long been questions about how the Navajo Housing Authority used federal funds for tribal needs. But when one woman saw new houses going up, she hoped for the best. She was wrong. An Arizona Republic investigation found the authority has failed in ways almost too numerous to count.
Craig Harris and Dennis Wagner, The Arizona Republic
Published 9:07 p.m. MT Dec. 14, 2016 | Updated 10:37 p.m. MT Dec. 14, 2016

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/arizona-investigations/2016/12/14/navajo-housing-federal-funds/94563354/

Wow, this is gross misappropriation of government funds.  Americans paying for this. 

No wonder this Haaland is running for Congress.  They need more taxpayer money to waste.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Must see article:

There have long been questions about how the Navajo Housing Authority used federal funds for tribal needs. But when one woman saw new houses going up, she hoped for the best. She was wrong. An Arizona Republic investigation found the authority has failed in ways almost too numerous to count.
Craig Harris and Dennis Wagner, The Arizona Republic
Published 9:07 p.m. MT Dec. 14, 2016 | Updated 10:37 p.m. MT Dec. 14, 2016

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/arizona-investigations/2016/12/14/navajo-housing-federal-funds/94563354/

Wow, this is gross misappropriation of government funds.  Americans paying for this. 

No wonder this Haaland is running for Congress.  They need more taxpayer money to waste.

NAs who have jobs don't live on the res.  This is why.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Chosen Daughter

NAs who have jobs don't live on the res.  This is why.

She didn't either.  Single mother who worked and went to school in California.  Looks like the best idea's she has for her people on the Reservation is abortion and welfare.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
She didn't either.  Single mother who worked and went to school in California.  Looks like the best idea's she has for her people on the Reservation is abortion and welfare.

I will NOT comply.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
What tribe is she part of again?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Pueblo of Laguna

Sounds like a TexMex dish.   Never heard of them. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Sounds like a TexMex dish.   Never heard of them.

In New Mexico it is sanctuary city.   This woman advocates to abolish ICE.  Other Native Reservations are being open about the problems of illegal immigration.

Desert Invasion - U.S.

Illegal Immigrants Devastate the Tohono Indian Reservation

By Dr. Martin Brass, Soldier of Fortune

August 16, 2006

http://www.sofmag.com/news/permalink1/2006/7/16/1206433598904.html

Excerpt:

... There are 160 illegal passageways along the 75 mile shared border with Mexico – in 36 locations there are no barriers at all.

Using traditional Native American tracking techniques, these four Senior Customs Patrol Officers are personally responsible for hundreds of thousands of pounds of marijuana being interdicted on the Tohono O'Odham reservation in southern Arizona.

The trespassers have trashed the reservation with garbage and litter, creating a sanitation catastrophe.

Six tons of trash per day is littered on the Reservation, resulting in 113 open pit dumps that need to be cleaned up.

The Nation, struggling for financial survival, diverted $7 million from tribal revenues to try to maintain the sovereignty of the reservation from 2001 until June 2004.

The Nation blames the federal border security policy that concentrated on sending available agents and assets to close down key points of entry such as San Diego (CA), Yuma (AZ), and El Paso (TX)....

"Tribal members live in fear for the safety of their families and their properties. Homes are broken into by those desperate for food, water and shelter.

The 28,000–member Nation fights hoards of illegal immigrant [illegal alien] drug and human traffickers, robbers, and rapists.

The Nation's seventy–one member police force apprehended 71,700 illegal immigrants in 2002 and seized 65,000 pounds of illegal narcotics.

In 2003, police confiscated over 100,000 pounds of illegal drugs. From October 2003 to June of 2004, 180,000 pounds of narcotics were seized. 130,000 pounds of marijuana were seized by the end of 2004.

The police enforcement efforts cost $3 million dollars through mid 2004, but a bigger cost is the corruption of Indian teens and other tribe members....

http://www.desertinvasion.us/articles/art2006aug16.html

Immigrants Leaving Mounds of Trash on Tohono O'Odham Indian Sacred Lands

And funny but this Native American woman advocated for getting rid of ICE.  She also claims to be an environmentalis.............

Immigrants Leaving Mounds of Trash on Tohono O'Odham Indian Sacred Lands

http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/story/1029934/immigrants-leaving-mounds-of-trash-on-tohono-oodham-indian-sacred-lands

Desert Invasion - U.S.

Pictures of illegal immigration invasion on the Tohono O'odham Indian Nation

http://www.desertinvasion.us/invasion_pictures/invasion_tohono.html

https://abcnews.go.com/US/efforts-secure-us-mexico-border-ariz-native-americans/story?id=19496394

http://www.arizonaedventures.com/arizona/blog/things-to-see-do/arizona-top-ten/endangered-places/