Author Topic: Seasonal Affective Disorder: Happiness Is Actually Linked To Sunshine, Study Finds  (Read 381 times)

rangerrebew

Seasonal Affective Disorder: Happiness Is Actually Linked To Sunshine, Study Finds
Nov 7, 2016 10:48 AM By Kelsey Drain

Does sunshine actually make you happy? A recent study from Brigham Young University has revealed that the amount of time between sunrise and sunset influences virtually everyone's mood — even more than factors like temperature, pollution, and rain.

Researchers investigated how someone’s mood is connected to weather and related factors. The team found that people reported more mental distress when the days were shorter and there was less sunshine, according to a press release from BYU. Results showed that the length of daylight was more influential in affecting people’s moods than the amount of actual sun rays being absorbed.

https://www.medicaldaily.com/seasonal-affective-disorder-happiness-actually-linked-sunshine-study-finds-403569

Offline musiclady

I'm an extremely seasonally affected being.

Sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy.  happy77

I don't let the gray of winter affect my behavior, but I definitely feel it.  I've never minded the cold, but the dark clouds and short days get me down.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.