Author Topic: Manafort trial poses first courtroom test for Mueller  (Read 667 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Manafort trial poses first courtroom test for Mueller
« on: July 30, 2018, 01:51:55 pm »
Manafort trial poses first courtroom test for Mueller
By Lydia Wheeler - 07/30/18 06:00 AM EDT

Former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort's criminal trial on bank and tax fraud charges begins Tuesday, marking an initial courtroom test for special counsel Robert Mueller’s team of lawyers and investigators.

The trial promises to be an explosive affair, with Manafort facing allegations he laundered $30 million from work on behalf of pro-Russian Ukrainian politicians and then stashed money overseas to avoid paying U.S. taxes.

It’s the first trial stemming from Mueller’s probe into possible collusion between Moscow and the Trump campaign, but it will also be strangely separate from the Russia controversies that have shadowed President Trump since the day he took office.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/399293-manafort-trial-poses-first-courtroom-test-for-mueller
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Manafort trial poses first courtroom test for Mueller
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2018, 01:59:21 pm »
Former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort's criminal trial on bank and tax fraud charges begins Tuesday....

Odd. Nothing involving Russian collusion. Job well done Stupid Bobby. I heard Mike Pence Jay Walked last week. Maybe Stupid Bobby can get another case going.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2018, 02:45:50 pm »
Manafort is scum but I so want him to walk like an  333cleo
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2018, 03:05:28 pm »
Former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort's criminal trial on bank and tax fraud charges begins Tuesday....

Odd. Nothing involving Russian collusion. Job well done Stupid Bobby. I heard Mike Pence Jay Walked last week. Maybe Stupid Bobby can get another case going.

I don't think of the Manafort trial as part of the Russia, Russia, Russia.  This is for crimes that existed years ago.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2018, 03:10:47 pm »
I saw this over the weekend; he helped one of the candidates running for President in Ukraine but this is from 10 years ago or so.
On The Eve Of His Trial, A Deeper Look Into How Paul Manafort Elected Ukraine’s President

Christopher Miller

Paul Manafort didn’t think very much of Viktor Yanukovych.

The longtime U.S. political consultant and lobbyist voiced serious misgivings in 2005 when he was brought on by several Ukrainian oligarchs to rehabilitate Yanukovych after his loss the previous year in Ukraine's presidential election to Viktor Yushchenko, amid mass protests known as the Orange Revolution.

"Yanukovych's designation as the candidate of the [previous Leonid Kuchma] Administration poisoned his appeal as much as the dioxin poisoned the body of Yushchenko,” Manafort wrote in a memo, referring to the mysterious poisoning that almost killed Yushchenko and badly disfigured him.

https://www.rferl.org/a/on-eve-of-trial-a-deeper-glimpse-into-how-paul-manafort-elected-ukraine-s-president/29394601.html

The Hapsburg group and so on. A pretty good analysis. This is mostly from 2005 or so. It certainly does not seem to tie in with Trump any.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2018, 03:16:26 pm »
Nothing to do with Trump. And not only that, I'm not sure what is illegal besides the alleged laundering of money. How curious, they are calling him a "spin doctor", strange to read that in an article.

Paul Manafort cooperated with Vitali Klitschko in 2014, - BBC
The US accuses Paul Manafort under 12 counts: laundry of money and conspiracy are among them. Furthermore, Manafort cooperated with Viktor Yanukovych, former president of Ukraine
16:35, 30 July 2018

Voice of America

Paul Manafort, former head of Electoral Campaign of Donald Trump cooperated with the acting Mayor of Kyiv Vitali Klitschko in 2014. According to the evidence-based documents collected by the office of American Special Attorney Robert Mueller against the spin doctor, as BBC reports. 

'According to the documents, four months after the shootings at Maidan Nezalezhnosti square in 2014, Paul Manafort sent a big presentation and a restructuring plan of Kyiv City State Administration to his Adviser Konstantin Kilimnik. It was meant for the mayor with the initials V.K. It means that Mr. Manafort could consult Vitali Klitschko during his electoral campaign and at the position of mayor,' reads the message.

According to the information of BBC, Vitali Klitschko claimed that the spin doctor indeed was offering his services, the cooperation didn’t take place though. 

https://112.international/politics/paul-manafort-cooperated-with-vitali-klitschko-in-2014-bbc-30703.html

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2018, 03:21:58 pm »
I don't think of the Manafort trial as part of the Russia, Russia, Russia.  This is for crimes that existed years ago.

The dishonest press will ignore that.   The narrative is/will be Russia. Collusion.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2018, 03:47:37 pm »
The dishonest press will ignore that.   The narrative is/will be Russia. Collusion.

Yup. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: