Author Topic: How Sherlock’s creator Sir Arthur Conan Doyle unravelled a REAL murder  (Read 760 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
How Sherlock’s creator Sir Arthur Conan Doyle unravelled a REAL murder and saved a man who had wrongly spent 16 years in jail for killing an 82-year-old

By Nick Rennison For The Daily Mail

TRUE CRIME 

CONAN DOYLE FOR THE DEFENCE

by Margalit Fox (Profile £16.99)

On January 25, 1925, a prisoner was released from Peterhead jail in Scotland. Concealed beneath his dentures, so the prison authorities could not find it, was an urgent note from a fellow convict.

It included a message for one of the most famous men in the world — Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, creator of Sherlock Holmes.

Oscar Slater, the man who sent the message, had already spent 16 years in prison for a murder he did not commit.

Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (pictured) is most famous for creating Sherlock Holmes but he also helped to clear a man of murder.

Read more at: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/books/article-5898233/How-Sherlocks-creator-Sir-Arthur-Conan-Doyle-unravelled-REAL-murder.html

Offline Suppressed

He also cleared another man of animal mutilations, finding the actual criminal, but bureaucracy prevented justice:

https://britishheritage.com/sir-arthur-conan-doyle-and-the-case-of-george-edalji/
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Who's murder?  Piltdown Man?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: