Author Topic: TED Speaker: ‘Pedophilia is an Unchangeable Sexual Orientation, Just Like… Heterosexuality’  (Read 1073 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
TEDx is facing extreme backlash after they hosted a medical student at the University of Würtzberg in Germany claiming that pedophilia is a natural sexual orientation, “just like heterosexuality.”

The title of Mirjam Heine’s talk was “Why our perception of pedophilia has to change.” In it, she argued that “pedophilia is an unchangeable sexual orientation, just like… heterosexuality.”

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2018/07/ted-speaker-pedophilia-is-an-unchangeable-sexual-orientation-just-like-heterosexuality-video/
The Republic is lost.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
That is not true.  There is a cure fore Pedophilia

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline dfwgator

Gee, who didn't see this coming? /s

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Yes, like we said to those idiots who insisted that homosexual marriage is normal, good, right and moral - Sexual Pandora has been set loose out of her box now.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Gee, who didn't see this coming? /s

Hey, wasn't there a thread last week about this wondering when the GLBLT would have to accept pedo's into their closet.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Yes, like we said to those idiots who insisted that homosexual marriage is normal, good, right and moral - Sexual Pandora has been set loose out of her box now.

Oh bullshit.  A sexual relationship between consenting adults is completely different than a relationship with an individual who cannot, as a legal matter, consent to it. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Axeslinger

Oh bullshit.  A sexual relationship between consenting adults is completely different than a relationship with an individual who cannot, as a legal matter, consent to it.

@Jazzhead

Well it’s good to now you finally have a conservative line you won’t cross!

(Til it become pragmatic for you to do so, of course...)
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical

And if taking advantage of kids is ok, then I guess rape is an orientation too. There goes the #MeToo movement.
The Republic is lost.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

It's a shame the LGBT bunch didn't expel NAMBLA from their midst decades ago, because now they're being lumped in, whether you like it or not.  As a practical matter, you distinction has no difference.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline GrouchoTex

You can say that, and actually hope for that, but the door is open for legal challenges now.
People wanting to have polygamous relationships, marry inanimate objects, water moccasins, etc...
Rational human beings would agree that these things should be thrown out of court,yet.....

May I introduce you to the 9th circuit court?

You or I can't really know what may, or may not, happen next.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 09:57:37 pm by GrouchoTex »

Offline dfwgator

Well all they have to do is lower the age of consent to 14.  Don't think it will happen eventually?  Just watch.

Offline GrouchoTex

Well all they have to do is lower the age of consent to 14.  Don't think it will happen eventually?  Just watch.

I can see someone lobbying for that, saying something along the lines of,"Well, if it was good enough for our Great-Grandparents...."
The age of consent was pretty low in a lot of states, at one time.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
And then the 'transgenerational' crowd kicks in and says they 'identify' as a 14 y/o.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 12:29:04 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline endicom

While the general age of consent is now set between 16 and 18 in all U.S. states, the age of consent has widely varied across the country in the past. In 1880, the age of consent was set at 10 or 12 in most states, with the exception of Delaware where it was 7.[2] The ages of consent were raised across the U.S. during the late 19th century and the early 20th century.[3][4] By 1920 ages of consent generally rose to 16–18 and small adjustments to these laws occurred after 1920. The final state to raise its age of general consent was Hawaii, which changed it from 14 to 16 in 2001.[5]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of_consent_in_the_United_States

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
dfwgator wrote:
"Well all they have to do is lower the age of consent to 14"

It seems to me that the age of consent -was- 14 in a very few states until not that long ago.
(oops, posted before endicom's post above!)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 01:33:27 am by Fishrrman »

Offline dfwgator

I can see someone lobbying for that, saying something along the lines of,"Well, if it was good enough for our Great-Grandparents...."
The age of consent was pretty low in a lot of states, at one time.

Or as they used to say, "Old enough to bleed, old enough to breed."

Offline endicom

dfwgator wrote:
"Well all they have to do is lower the age of consent to 14"

It seems to me that the age of consent -was- 14 in a very few states until not that long ago.
(oops, posted before endicom's post above!)

Though it goes against my grain, I've had to reconsider how we treat young people. I believe that, historically, puberty has been the line between child and adult with the notion of there being teenagers a modern one.

Maybe that came about with modern notions of education, especially compulsory education. People are kept childlike until the age of eighteen and then expected to be adult overnight. Recent advances in educational delivery could change this.