Author Topic: Breaking News Trump Says He Accepts Intelligence Conclusion That Russia Meddled in 2016 Election  (Read 9413 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Breaking News
Trump Says He Accepts Intelligence Conclusion That Russia Meddled in 2016 Election
Bloomberg News
July 17, 2018, 1:29 PM CDT

President Donald Trump said Tuesday he accepts the conclusion by U.S. intelligence agencies that Russia meddled in the U.S. presidential election, marking a rare reversal from comments just a day before, Bloomberg News reports.

Trump came under a torrent of criticism from Democrats and Republicans for statements at his summit with Vladimir Putin in Helsinki Monday casting doubt on U.S. findings that Russia interfered in the 2016 election.

Trump told reporters that he misspoke at the summit.

“My people came to me and some others, they said they think it’s Russia,” Trump said Monday, while standing next to Putin. “I have President Putin, he just said it’s not Russia. I will say this, I don’t see any reason why it would be. I have confidence in both parties.”

On Tuesday, he said he meant to say he didn’t see any reason why it wouldn’t be Russia.

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2018-07-17/trump-s-russia-fixation-has-a-simple-explanation
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
On Tuesday, he said he meant to say he didn’t see any reason why it wouldn’t be Russia.

GTFOH

He’s been aware of the reaction since it happened.  He knows what he said.  This is some Grade A bullshit.  There’s no way he can credibly say he meant to say wouldn’t, when you listen to his remarks from yesterday.  He specifically paused and emphasized ‘would’ in his answer.

! No longer available
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 07:25:05 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Trump: Election meddling took place, but it 'could be other people' besides Russia

President Donald Trump on Tuesday responded to scathing criticism from across the political spectrum of his performance at a summit with Russian President Vladimir Putin on Monday in Helsinki.

The president said he had full faith in his intelligence agencies, and he accepted their conclusion that there was meddling in the 2016 presidential election, but he said it "could be other people also." He also said that his administration is committed to securing the nation's election systems, and "will stop it and repel it [if there are] any efforts to interfere in our election."

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/07/17/trump-election-meddling-took-place-but-russian-actions-had-no-impact.html

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Trump: Election meddling took place, but it 'could be other people' besides Russia

President Donald Trump on Tuesday responded to scathing criticism from across the political spectrum of his performance at a summit with Russian President Vladimir Putin on Monday in Helsinki.

The president said he had full faith in his intelligence agencies, and he accepted their conclusion that there was meddling in the 2016 presidential election, but he said it "could be other people also." He also said that his administration is committed to securing the nation's election systems, and "will stop it and repel it [if there are] any efforts to interfere in our election."

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/07/17/trump-election-meddling-took-place-but-russian-actions-had-no-impact.html

Amazing. Trump does not contradict his presser with Putin, does Not say definitively that Russia itself interfered with the election, and NT heads are exploding.

One more of their Never Ending, "Finally! We Gotcha but good on This One! It's All Wrapped up Now!"

And just like busses, they're be another one along in another hour.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Amazing. Trump does not contradict his presser with Putin, does Not say definitively that Russia itself interfered with the election, and NT heads are exploding.

One more of their Never Ending, "Finally! We Gotcha but good on This One! It's All Wrapped up Now!"

And just like busses, they're be another one along in another hour.

*cough*

Trump says he misspoke on Russian meddling during press conference, accepts US intel findings

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/07/17/trump-says-misspoke-on-russian-meddling-during-press-conference-accepts-us-intel-findings.html

:whistle:
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
Sean Hannity won't know whether to poop or go blind.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline DB

Give Trump a little time and he'll eventually be on both sides of an issue... This pattern has been repeated over and over. It all just becomes a muddled mess where people believe which ever version they like with the other version being written off as being either misspoken or misunderstood...

Offline corbe

A few here wonder why some of us can't take him serious.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

• Wulf Anson Author

:rolling:

I've said it before @corbe

Trump needs a public speaking coach.

And there may be further 'Clarifications' (cough) coming.

My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
:rolling:

I've said it before @corbe

Trump needs a public speaking coach.

And there may be further 'Clarifications' (cough) coming.

Trump does not need a public speaking coach.  His speeches are just fine.

He needs an 'off the cuff remarks' coach.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Language barrier?

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Trump does not need a public speaking coach.  His speeches are just fine.

He needs an 'off the cuff remarks' coach.

He needs neither @Emjay   Let Trump be Trump and the chips fall where they may. 

I like the odds.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
He needs neither @Emjay   Let Trump be Trump and the chips fall where they may. 

I like the odds.

It's worked so far !!!
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline corbe

BS, he needs a shock collar attached to his teleprompter that activates when he goes off script.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
So much for all that energy ETs expended saying how right he was.

Offline edpc

BS, he needs a shock collar attached to his teleprompter that activates when he goes off script.

He should have been zapped today.  I guarantee you that "could be other people also....a lot of people out there" wasn't on the sheet that Shine prepared for him today.  Two things should always accompany his public remarks.....

! No longer available

! No longer available
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 09:19:04 pm by edpc »

• Wulf Anson Author

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Not that I don't trust Bloomberg (and I don't) this might be a more rational source:

But Trump said Tuesday he meant the opposite. He suggested he was surprised by the negative reaction when he returned to Washington.

"I came back and said 'What is going on, what’s the big deal?'” Trump said, adding that he reviewed the transcript and "realized that there is a need for some clarification."

The president told reporters that he meant to say he doesn't see why Russia "wouldn't" be responsible.

“I said the word 'would' instead of 'wouldn't' ... sort of a double negative," he said. 

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/07/17/trump-says-misspoke-on-russian-meddling-during-press-conference-accepts-us-intel-findings.html

Offline ABX

I'm curious how Trump will purge his interview with Hannity last night.

Offline edpc

He comes out today and says he meant to say, "I don't see any reason why it wouldn't be Russia" and that "should have been clear."  However, he contradicts the whole thing by saying it "could be others."  I guess he saw a reason after all?  Completely clear.  Theater of the absurd.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 09:45:16 pm by edpc »

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Trump makes Obama look like an absolute statesman in comparison.

Unreal the absolute chaos this guy generates when truth is whatever spews out of his mouth at any given moment.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Suppressed

So much for all that energy ETs expended saying how right he was.

You gotta feel sorry for them. Many might be just clueless fools, but some of them, like our colleagues here, must be self-aware enough to realize how ridiculous he makes them look.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

• Wulf Anson Author
Not that I don't trust Bloomberg (and I don't) this might be a more rational source:

Seemed to be.

I'd rather see Trump issue a 'clarification' after the F2F with Vlad than put the Ruskie on the spot necessitating him set This thing and more to shadowing one of our Carrier Battle Groups and tough talking to prop up his image at home.

We've already got Xi on the spot. We don't need to drive Putin into a yet deeper Sino/Soviet alliance against us by going Chuck Norris on him face to face.

The ruble's already taken a nose dive over previous sanctions.

Putin could be amenable to seeing it Our way over China's way in the interest of propping up his own country's money.

Offline ABX

You gotta feel sorry for them. Many might be just clueless fools, but some of them, like our colleagues here, must be self-aware enough to realize how ridiculous he makes them look.

I certainly won't call any of them fools. I think, just like with the Dems and Hopey Changey, it is easy to get caught up in the man that you lose track of the principle. There are things Trump is doing right now that have only been mirrored in radical progressive administrations, but are being cheered as MAGA. There are things like this where one day they will say he is absolutely right and fight tooth and nail, then the next day, defend just as hard him saying the exact same thing. Opinions shift based on what the specific player does, not in the under-laying value of the action or facts of the situation.

Offline Suppressed

Seemed to be.

I'd rather see Trump issue a 'clarification' after the F2F with Vlad than put the Ruskie on the spot necessitating him set This thing and more to shadowing one of our Carrier Battle Groups and tough talking to prop up his image at home.

We've already got Xi on the spot. We don't need to drive Putin into a yet deeper Sino/Soviet alliance against us by going Chuck Norris on him face to face.

The ruble's already taken a nose dive over previous sanctions.

Putin could be amenable to seeing it Our way over China's way in the interest of propping up his own country's money.

You're right about the Sino-Soviet axis, but there are other avenues, not just a binary option.

BTW, Slava, uh, I mean, Moskva, wouldn't last long against a carrier battle group.  Sure, I have a very healthy respect for Russian missiles, but come on . . .
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn