Author Topic: LIVE THREAD>>>SCOTUS Announcement  (Read 24283 times)

Silver Pines

Re: LIVE THREAD>>>SCOTUS Announcement
« Reply #300 on: July 10, 2018, 03:47:14 am »
Lighten up, Frances!

It was on September 10th, 2001...and they both worked at the White House.   Evacuated from there the next morning at the threat of an inbound airliner.

@DCPatriot

Oh.  Okay.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #301 on: July 10, 2018, 03:51:21 am »
Dude. It's seriously embarrassing that I have to inform someone on a political forum about this....

https://www.wsj.com/articles/pompeo-makes-unannounced-visit-to-afghanistan-urges-talks-with-taliban-1531148913

EGADS!

We need this dog in charge.

HERO SAS Dog Saves The Lives of Six Soldiers In Syria By Ripping Out Jihadi's Throat While Taking Down Three Terrorists Who Ambushed British Patrol

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5930275/Hero-SAS-dog-saves-lives-six-elite-soldiers-Syria-ripping-jihadis-throat.html
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 03:51:56 am by To-Whose-Benefit? »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #302 on: July 10, 2018, 03:54:06 am »
Yeah. He was the easiest one to get the Establishment and Conservatives behind because he seems to be a made man in DC. Christ, the Bushes like this guy.

There is nothing evil in facing political reality.  What good is nominating somebody's favorite if he or she cannot be confirmed.  Kavanaugh may stand the best chance of being confirmed while also being a great choice.

I liked his speech and his looks and his family and his record.  Good choice.  I see no evidence of the lame 'made man' argument and bringing negative stuff about the Bushes into this is just sick. 
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #303 on: July 10, 2018, 03:56:12 am »
George Bush is a nice guy and I will never understand the vitriol against him on this forum.

As for the Rangers, what a disappointment.  Will they ever get back to playing baseball?

I know what I don't like.  That he throws out the illegal immigrants cotton picking lie.  Saying we should thank them.  Yeah thank them for coming here illegally to "cotton pick".  What an idiot.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/372882-george-w-bush-on-immigrants-we-ought-to-say-thank-you-and-welcome
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #304 on: July 10, 2018, 03:58:22 am »
I know what I don't like.  That he throws out the illegal immigrants cotton picking lie.  Saying we should thank them.  Yeah thank them for coming here illegally to "cotton pick".  What an idiot.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/372882-george-w-bush-on-immigrants-we-ought-to-say-thank-you-and-welcome

Awwww. geeez!       

22222frying pan
Chosen        DCPatriot
Daughter
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #305 on: July 10, 2018, 03:58:47 am »
I think this is a pretty good pick..

He is solid judicial Conservative. Many on the right confuse a judicial conservative with a political conservative. The CJ is a judicial conservative and I suspect he is pleased with this nominee. Roberts has repeatedly expressed his view that the Congress and not the Courts should deal with the divisive social issues of the day.

A CJ wants to put an imprint on the SC. While Kennedy was on the bench Roberts, in many cases, took a back seat to the more tenured Judge. I suspect we will see the "swing" vote shift back to the CJ where it has traditionally resided.

The Roberts Court, with the Kavanaugh nomination, is after all these years, just starting. I suspect many on the right and the left seeking an activist Court to impose a national standard for the social issues will be repeatedly disappointed in the future by the decisions of the Roberts Court. Those holding what was once considered a "Conservative" belief that those issues should be left up to the states will be in agreement.

I'd predict with the addition of Gorsich and Kavanaugh to the Court, many of the cases dealing with social issues will not make it past cert (where the SC decides the cases to hear in the upcoming term).  The upside to that IMO is that the SC will return to its traditional role of interpreting the Constitution. The downside, if you are an Congress critter, is that you will be expected to do the job you were elected to... :shrug:

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #306 on: July 10, 2018, 04:05:23 am »
I think this is a pretty good pick..

He is solid judicial Conservative. Many on the right confuse a judicial conservative with a political conservative. The CJ is a judicial conservative and I suspect he is pleased with this nominee. Roberts has repeatedly expressed his view that the Congress and not the Courts should deal with the divisive social issues of the day.

A CJ wants to put an imprint on the SC. While Kennedy was on the bench Roberts, in many cases, took a back seat to the more tenured Judge. I suspect we will see the "swing" vote shift back to the CJ where it has traditionally resided.

The Roberts Court, with the Kavanaugh nomination, is after all these years, just starting. I suspect many on the right and the left seeking an activist Court to impose a national standard for the social issues will be repeatedly disappointed in the future by the decisions of the Roberts Court. Those holding what was once considered a "Conservative" belief that those issues should be left up to the states will be in agreement.

I'd predict with the addition of Gorsich and Kavanaugh to the Court, many of the cases dealing with social issues will not make it past cert (where the SC decides the cases to hear in the upcoming term).  The upside to that IMO is that the SC will return to its traditional role of interpreting the Constitution. The downside, if you are an Congress critter, is that you will be expected to do the job you were elected to... :shrug:

I agree totally.  We should not expect the Supreme Court to make law.  I think this addition to the Court will be an excellent choice.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #307 on: July 10, 2018, 04:06:25 am »

@Chosen Daughter   I would respond to you but this should not turn into a thread about George W. Bush.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #308 on: July 10, 2018, 04:10:47 am »
Yeah. He was the easiest one to get the Establishment and Conservatives behind because he seems to be a made man in DC. Christ, the Bushes like this guy.

YUP.

Collins too.

Certainly merits my 'meh' reaction.

But the show and circus to follow ought to be a popcorn muncher for the books.

Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #309 on: July 10, 2018, 04:14:44 am »
@Chosen Daughter   I would respond to you but this should not turn into a thread about George W. Bush.

No problem.  You made a comment about people not liking him.  I gave an example of his idiotic statement that illegals do the jobs Americans don't want to do.  You put it out there and I responded.

Trump didn't like him either.  Said we should have taken Iraq's oil.
How about we talk about Trump.  Remember this from the debates.  Take a look.

So Cavanaugh is a Bush pick.  I guess that is why he comes up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4ThZcq1oJQ

So you and DC can beat me with a pan for my comment but I said hardly anything compared to Trump.

« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 04:36:17 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #310 on: July 10, 2018, 04:17:06 am »

But the show and circus to follow ought to be a popcorn muncher for the books.

I got what I came for after seeing that display of insanity that collection of Rats, Commies, child molesters, degenerates, BLM and hemorrhoid sufferers put on after the announcement. That shit warms my heart.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #311 on: July 10, 2018, 04:17:53 am »
Awwww. geeez!       

22222frying pan
Chosen        DCPatriot
Daughter

22222frying pan
DCPatriot        Chosen        Back at you!
                      Daughter

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #312 on: July 10, 2018, 04:18:29 am »
No problem.  You made a comment about people not liking him.  I gave an example of his idiotic statement that illegals do the jobs Americans don't want to do.  You put it out there and I responded.

I freely admit my guilt.  However, Prez Bush had been brought up in a negative way by previous posters.  I did not want to turn this into a Bush thread.  That's all.  Relax.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #313 on: July 10, 2018, 04:19:00 am »

Well, it looks like some African children will get some much needed Stop Harriman/Barrett/Kethledge signs.

Yeah, the least they could have done was t-shirts!
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #314 on: July 10, 2018, 04:20:34 am »

Jim Geraghty @jimgeraghty
3 hours ago

I'm already getting tough opposition research about Kavanaugh...some questioned his clock management while coaching CYO basketball.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #315 on: July 10, 2018, 04:26:58 am »
I think at this particular time, it was the best we were going to get.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #316 on: July 10, 2018, 04:29:20 am »

:cheerlead: :dancer:  888high58888 :laugh: :police: ^-^ :tongue2: ^-^ :police: :laugh: 888high58888  :dancer: :cheerlead:

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #317 on: July 10, 2018, 04:33:08 am »

22222frying pan
DCPatriot        Chosen        Back at you!
                      Daughter

22222frying pan
DC Patriot      Frank "Frying Pan"
&                  Cannon
Chosen           
Daughter

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #318 on: July 10, 2018, 04:34:14 am »

EGADS!

We need this dog in charge.

HERO SAS Dog Saves The Lives of Six Soldiers In Syria By Ripping Out Jihadi's Throat While Taking Down Three Terrorists Who Ambushed British Patrol

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5930275/Hero-SAS-dog-saves-lives-six-elite-soldiers-Syria-ripping-jihadis-throat.html

I doubt it's a true story, but it's posted here for comment: http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,323707.msg1736879.html#msg1736879
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #319 on: July 10, 2018, 04:35:23 am »
I think at this particular time, it was the best we were going to get.

We may get Barrett next time Buzzi Ginsburg falls asleep in the middle of a speech, or case, and they can't wake her up.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #320 on: July 10, 2018, 04:38:40 am »
I doubt it's a true story, but it's posted here for comment: http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,323707.msg1736879.html#msg1736879

I still love how the damn Brits still refuse to call the dog what it is......a German Shepard.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #321 on: July 10, 2018, 04:38:40 am »
I'm a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma enema.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #322 on: July 10, 2018, 04:40:33 am »
I still love how the damn Brits still refuse to call the dog what it is......a German Shepard.

That's a Belgian Malinois, not a Shepard.   Multiple everything badass about a Shepard by 10 and you'll come close to the Mal.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #323 on: July 10, 2018, 04:41:45 am »
We may get Barrett next time Buzzi Ginsburg falls asleep in the middle of a speech, or case, and they can't wake her up.

She's already mummified.

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #324 on: July 10, 2018, 04:42:12 am »

I guess they still gotta hard on over the fire bombings of 1940.