Author Topic: LIVE THREAD>>>SCOTUS Announcement  (Read 24227 times)

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: LIVE THREAD>>>SCOTUS Announcement
« Reply #275 on: July 10, 2018, 03:00:57 am »
Gotta figure there is a method to his 'madness'...going for Kavanaugh.

Yeah. He was the easiest one to get the Establishment and Conservatives behind because he seems to be a made man in DC. Christ, the Bushes like this guy.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #276 on: July 10, 2018, 03:01:20 am »
I was hoping for Barrett too..maybe next time.

The libs are in a frenzy....that's gotta tell you something..

I say give him a chance...just stop and think who Hilary would have chosen..

Kavanaugh is a better pick this go round.  Barrett is very young and will probably be the next selection if Trump gets a chance at another nominee.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
« Reply #277 on: July 10, 2018, 03:04:14 am »
This is going to be a nasty fight. The Rats just dug up Ted Kennedy's corps to come out against this nominee.....

I see what you did there........
James 1:20

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #278 on: July 10, 2018, 03:07:34 am »
I once looked across the field at a Rangers game and saw George and Laura Bush.

Was the hot dog box heavy?
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #279 on: July 10, 2018, 03:08:37 am »
That was my thought too.  A true star in the legal profession and the conservative legal movement,  someone who in different times would bave passed the Senate in near-unanimity,  is about to heart-punched for sport (including, as this thread shows, from his own side.).

I wish him well and commend the President on a fine choice.

I agree, Jazzhead.  It's an excellent choice and the judge has been vetted up the wazoo.  I think whining, not baseball, is the national pastime on TBR.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #280 on: July 10, 2018, 03:08:55 am »
I see what you did there........

LOL. Yup.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #281 on: July 10, 2018, 03:10:08 am »
Yeah. He was the easiest one to get the Establishment and Conservatives behind because he seems to be a made man in DC. Christ, the Bushes like this guy.

Kavanaugh's own words tonight:  "must interpret the Constitution as written; informed by history, tradition and precedent".

Roe V Wade isn't going anywhere. 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Trump nominates Brett Kavanaugh for Supreme Court
« Reply #282 on: July 10, 2018, 03:11:22 am »
1300 views. 260 posts.
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,323805.0.html

Neighbor kids egg your house even when it's not Halloween, don't they?

Offline Idiot

« Reply #283 on: July 10, 2018, 03:11:30 am »
Good Lord amighty.  I once looked across the field at a Rangers game and saw George and Laura Bush.  I guess I wouldn't be a proper nominee.
@Emjay we had seats right behind George at Rangers games...back when they really sucked.  He was always such a nice guy.  Sadly the Rangers are back to that same sucking stage...lol. 

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #284 on: July 10, 2018, 03:11:57 am »
I do not understand all this surprise and negativity.  Kavanaugh was on the list and had been rumored to be the choice.

I like him fine.

More along the lines of realistic. I think we'll like Kavanaugh's votes 80% of the time, but there will be a few that we will not, much like Kennedy. Even then I think he will be more reliable than Kennedy.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #285 on: July 10, 2018, 03:12:51 am »
Meh.....why not stomp on their throats right at the bell?  Amy Barrett was the logical choice.

Gotta figure there is a method to his 'madness'...going for Kavanaugh.

Amy Barrett would have been a decent choice and I would not have whined about it, but I think Kavanaugh is a good choice also.  I don't see any madness about it.  He was on The List; had been rumored for a while to be the choice and has excellent credentials.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #286 on: July 10, 2018, 03:15:03 am »
@Emjay we had seats right behind George at Rangers games...back when they really sucked.  He was always such a nice guy.  Sadly the Rangers are back to that same sucking stage...lol.

George Bush is a nice guy and I will never understand the vitriol against him on this forum.

As for the Rangers, what a disappointment.  Will they ever get back to playing baseball?

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #287 on: July 10, 2018, 03:17:32 am »
Threads merged.
The Republic is lost.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #288 on: July 10, 2018, 03:18:06 am »
The one article here last night, per McConnell being the kingmaker was saying a paper trail might make it difficult for Kavanaugh to be appointed. I think he probably will be but we have seen appointees turned away.

Anyway, the guy is said to be friendly to the Pro-Life cause, forget the Bushes, they might not have anything to do with it... he may have been a safe pick in an electoral year OR... there really might be some sort of deep state that favored Kavanaugh.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #289 on: July 10, 2018, 03:20:09 am »
George Bush is a nice guy and I will never understand the vitriol against him on this forum.

As for the Rangers, what a disappointment.  Will they ever get back to playing baseball?

I absolutely love George W. Bush.  The man and the President.

Compared to the politicians today, he's 'Ghandi'.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #290 on: July 10, 2018, 03:23:15 am »
I absolutely love George W. Bush.  The man and the President.

Compared to the politicians today, he's 'Ghandi'.

Yeah because Ghandi got involved in 2 simultaneous never ending wars that went nowhere.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #291 on: July 10, 2018, 03:25:47 am »
Kamala Harris
‏Verified account @SenKamalaHarris
56m56 minutes ago

Whether or not the Supreme Court enforces the spirit of the words "Equal Justice Under Law," is determined by the individuals who sit on that Court. Brett Kavanaugh represents a fundamental threat to that promise of equality. I will oppose his nomination to the Supreme Court.

Dear Kamala;

AHHHWWW, . . SHHHAADUP!
Mel Blanc
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #292 on: July 10, 2018, 03:27:49 am »
Yeah because Ghandi got involved in 2 simultaneous never ending wars that went nowhere.

He gave Iraq a chance.

Hillary Clinton wouldn't have killed the SOF Agreement.  Obama did it deliberately, as he did overthrowing Gaddafi in Libya and backing the wrong horse...The Brotherhood, in Egypt.

Nobody figured on Barack Obama.

The mystery remains...why was he allowed to get away with all of that?

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #293 on: July 10, 2018, 03:28:17 am »
Okay, relatively speaking, Dubya was a good pro-life president, on that one issue.

Iraq could have been handled better, Christianity by most accounts has been decimated in the region, at least, in Syria and Iraq.  I do think there is some personal responsibility on that... but that is a bit off the direct topic.

The GOP was almost left for dead, one person really brought it back and with some fortune, we could see the GOP in the Presidency for quite a while even after 2024 I think. Who ever would have thought.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #294 on: July 10, 2018, 03:31:07 am »
He gave Iraq a chance.

Hillary Clinton wouldn't have killed the SOF Agreement.  Obama did it deliberately, as he did overthrowing Gaddafi in Libya and backing the wrong horse...The Brotherhood, in Egypt.

Nobody figured on Barack Obama.

The mystery remains...why was he allowed to get away with all of that?

Are you aware that Pompeo was in Afghanistan today to negotiate with the effing Taliban to play nice and we will let them back in control there? The TALIBAN! 

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #295 on: July 10, 2018, 03:33:31 am »
Are you aware that Pompeo was in Afghanistan today to negotiate with the effing Taliban to play nice and we will let them back in control there? The TALIBAN!

GTFO!   Seriously?    Link?

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #296 on: July 10, 2018, 03:37:23 am »
GTFO!   Seriously?    Link?

Dude. It's seriously embarrassing that I have to inform someone on a political forum about this....

https://www.wsj.com/articles/pompeo-makes-unannounced-visit-to-afghanistan-urges-talks-with-taliban-1531148913

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #297 on: July 10, 2018, 03:43:22 am »
Dude. It's seriously embarrassing that I have to inform someone on a political forum about this....

https://www.wsj.com/articles/pompeo-makes-unannounced-visit-to-afghanistan-urges-talks-with-taliban-1531148913

I didn't figure you for a WSJ kind of guy.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #298 on: July 10, 2018, 03:44:31 am »

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #299 on: July 10, 2018, 03:46:20 am »
I didn't figure you for a WSJ kind of guy.

I'm a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma.