Author Topic: Dick’s Says Firearms Policy Hurt Their Hunting Business, Will Continue to Hurt Going Forward  (Read 635 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
CEO says Dick's may stop selling firearms altogether

Dick's Sporting Goods announced on Wednesday that their recent endorsement of gun control policies and hiring of gun control lobbyists has hurt their sales of firearms and hunting accessories.

The company did not reveal specifics about how much their firearms business had fallen during their first quarter earnings call but said it was directly connected to their decision to embrace certain gun control policies. "As expected, our firearms policy changes impacted our hunt business which saw an accelerated decline in an already challenged category," Dick's CFO Lee Belitsky told analysts. "We expect these businesses to remain under significant pressure throughout the remainder of the year."

The store announced in February it would be reinstituting a ban on sales of AR-15s and similar rifles as well as certain firearms magazines after abandoning a nearly identical policy it announced in 2012. The company then embraced gun control, banning the sale of firearms to adults under 21 years of age and hiring lobbyists to advocate for stricter gun laws.

When asked by an analyst whether he believed Dick's firearms business could rebound later in the year, CEO Edward Stack said the company does not see that segment of the business improving any time soon.

"We expect, based on our firearms policy, it's going to continue to be challenged through the balance of the year," he said. "We don't see a big change."

Stack went so far as to say Dick's may get out of the firearms business altogether depending on whether sales pick up in the long term.

"That depends on a lot of things that have to be determined yet," he said when asked about Dick's commitment to long-term firearms sales. "That is how the business plays out, how the manufactures decide they want to do business together. There's a number of things that are yet to be determined. The one thing we do know is that it will continue to be challenged."

Stack said that industry-wide struggles were at least partially to blame for Dick's struggles in selling firearms. However, gun-related background checks set records in both March and April and competitor Sportsman's Warehouse reported gun sales boomed for them in the first quarter. They said customers were driven to them by Dick's policy changes.

http://freebeacon.com/issues/dicks-says-firearms-policy-hurt-hunting-business-will-continue-hurt-going-forward/
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Applewood

Oh really?  Whodathunk it?

:facepalm2:

Offline skeeter

Well this kind of flies in the face of the rapturous reports of Dick's Q1 fiscal reports of a few weeks ago. I suspect the media and others won't be so anxious to broadcast this particular news.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Oh really?  Whodathunk it?

:facepalm2:

Apparently there are some Dems that want an East Coast sporting goods chain to commit suicide the same way Dick's has and they aren't ashamed about trying to force them into financial ruin.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,323753.0.html
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Well this kind of flies in the face of the rapturous reports of Dick's Q1 fiscal reports of a few weeks ago. I suspect the media and others won't be so anxious to broadcast this particular news.

You'd think these companies would have learned from the K-Mart blunder about what it does to your bottom line when you have such knee jerk reactions to Liberal outrage.

Offline skeeter

You'd think these companies would have learned from the K-Mart blunder about what it does to your bottom line when you have such knee jerk reactions to Liberal outrage.

I know exactly how I'd react to such political gestures if I were a major shareholder.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

What a stupid policy then, cut your own throat and bleed to death slowly.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline dfwgator

The lesson: Don't be a Dick.

Offline goodwithagun

I look forward to purchasing name brands at store closing prices in the next 24-36 months.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Online DB

Those customers they burned likely bought a whole lot more than firearms.

Stupid has consequences.