Author Topic: North Korea says talks with Pompeo 'regrettable': report  (Read 2431 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
North Korea says talks with Pompeo 'regrettable': report
« on: July 07, 2018, 01:50:49 pm »
North Korea says talks with Pompeo 'regrettable': report
By Avery Anapol - 07/07/18 09:10 AM EDT

North Korea is reportedly criticizing talks with Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, calling the two days of meetings that ended Saturday “regrettable.”

An unnamed spokesman for the North Korean Foreign Ministry in a statement accused the U.S. of unilaterally pressuring North Korea to denuclearize and “betraying the spirit” of the summit between President Trump and Kim Jong Un last month, according to the Associated Press.

The statement said the discussions with Pompeo were “very concerning,” and suggested that the regime is no longer as willing to give up its nukes as it had previously been.

Pompeo offered a differing view of the two days of talks, telling reporters that the conversations were “productive,” "in good faith," and that “a great deal of progress” had been made, according to the AP

more
http://thehill.com/policy/international/395925-north-korea-says-talks-with-pompeo-regrettable-report
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Victoria33

Re: North Korea says talks with Pompeo 'regrettable': report
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2018, 01:58:11 pm »
@mystery-ak

It doesn't matter what Pompeo said.  It does matter what N. Korea says since it is their nukes that matter.  They say the talk with Pompeo was "regrettable".  Sounds like their nukes are off the table.  They got to make a big splash meeting with Trump, now comes the truth.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2018, 04:59:30 pm »
But North Korea called the outcome of the discussion "worrisome" and argued that the "cancerous issues" the US delegation raised were the same ones that had "amplified" distrust and the risk of war with past administrations and caused previous talks to end in failure, adding that its "willingness to denuclearize could falter."

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/07/politics/mike-pompeo-north-korea-nuclear-talks/index.html

Oh, ye of little faith....

I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
North Korea slams talks with Secretary of State Pompeo as 'regrettable'
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2018, 04:59:44 pm »
The North Korean Foreign Ministry on Saturday slammed two days of talks with visiting Secretary of State Mike Pompeo as "regrettable" and accused the United States of unilateral demands of denuclearization.

The statement said the U.S. betrayed the spirit of last month’s summit between President Donald Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un by making "unilateral and gangster-like"demands on “CVID,” or the complete, verifiable and irreversible denuclearization of North Korea. He called the talks "really disappointing."

It said the outcome of the follow-up talks in Pyongyang was “very concerning” because it has led to a “dangerous phase that might rattle our willingness for denuclearization that had been firm.”

"We expected that the U.S. side would come with productive measures conducive to building trust in line with the spirit of the North-U.S. summit and (we) considered providing something that would correspond to them," the spokesman said, according to the South Korean news agency, Yonhap.

“However, the attitude and stance the United States showed in the first high-level meeting (between the countries) was no doubt regrettable,” the spokesman said, according the The Associated Press.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2018/07/07/mike-pompeo-north-korea-denuclearization-trump-kim-jong-un/765232002/
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline skeeter

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2018, 05:05:48 pm »
I guess this means the 'speak softly' part is over now.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2018, 05:23:08 pm »
I guess this means the 'speak softly' part is over now.

No...it means they got what they wanted and now...as they always do...they are going to give the middle finger to the U.S. 

This is how they've played the game for 70 years.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline edpc

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2018, 05:27:48 pm »

I gave up my nukes and all I got was a lousy Elton John CD.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2018, 05:33:43 pm »
"There is no longer a nuclear threat from North Korea" - DJ Trump

Words that are going to haunt Trump for the rest of his life just as 'Read My Lips" did for Bush I.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline edpc

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2018, 05:38:05 pm »

Sometimes, a picture is worth 10 words.

That tweet is likely going to be the equivalent of this pic.

P.S.  I don't want to imagine the playlist of 'DJ Trump.'
« Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 05:39:15 pm by edpc »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2018, 05:50:44 pm »
No...it means they got what they wanted and now...as they always do...they are going to give the middle finger to the U.S. 

This is how they've played the game for 70 years.

But they didn't get anything.  And if they renege ... the President will add weights to the big economic stick he's still beating them with. 

We don't know what was discussed or what decisions, if any, were reached.  NK may be engaging in a little preemptive face saving here.

Time will tell.

« Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 05:52:28 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2018, 05:51:38 pm »

Words that are going to haunt Trump for the rest of his life just as 'Read My Lips" did for Bush I.

Well, your job is to keep your fingers crossed for all of us.  ^-^

Oceander

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2018, 05:56:10 pm »
Apparently that little video wasn’t quite the bees’ knees that we were assured it was, including by some here. 

Orange Cheeto:  0
Rocket Man:  1

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2018, 06:08:29 pm »
Well, your job is to keep your fingers crossed for all of us.  ^-^

Yup.  That describes all the influence and power your president actually has, versus all the divine deal-making prowess, skills and other bullshit you people tried to sell everyone into believing he had.

He will probably be remembered in history to be as empty a chair as Obama was, only that the stain was louder.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2018, 06:11:04 pm »
He will probably be remembered in history to be as empty a chair as Obama was, only that the stain was louder.

Well, that legacy is not looking like a sure thing --- so you've got some serious praying to do.   We'll keep a light on for you.  ^-^

« Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 06:15:00 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline edpc

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2018, 06:11:27 pm »
the stain was louder.

Finally.  This product name makes sense to me, now......

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2018, 06:37:26 pm »

It took years to bring down the Berlin Wall. At various steps during Reagan's negotiations his detractors dismissed him and his efforts,, as do the usual suspects here, regarding this issue.

But I remain optimistic, especially when I am reminded "the usual suspects here," have been wrong about almost everything for over three years.

My take: Trump has won over Kim, but the other power holders in NK must also be brought along.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Oceander

« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2018, 06:55:47 pm »
It took years to bring down the Berlin Wall. At various steps during Reagan's negotiations his detractors dismissed him and his efforts,, as do the usual suspects here, regarding this issue.

But I remain optimistic, especially when I am reminded "the usual suspects here," have been wrong about almost everything for over three years.

My take: Trump has won over Kim, but the other power holders in NK must also be brought along.

:bigsilly:

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2018, 07:16:18 pm »

Reagan was not stupid enough like Trump to make a bold announcement that because he had a photo-Op with Gorby at Reykavik that "There is no more nuclear threat from Russia".

You can try to spin idiocy and stupidity as brilliance and dimensional Trump-chess as the day is long - but it does not negate reality that is self-evident to those not wearing cult-of-personality blinders.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2018, 07:20:17 pm »

Finally.  This product name makes sense to me, now......

Offline edpc

« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2018, 08:38:20 pm »
This kind of sums it up.....

“Pompeo appears to have presented the North Koreans with some demands and requirements for real moves towards denuclearization, as opposed to the symbolic steps and empty language Pyongyang has been using so far. He deserves credit for doing so,” Revere wrote in an email.

“But in doing so, he has elicited North Korean ire, and he has now seen the reality of North Korea’s game plan and intentions that many of us have been describing for some time,” Revere added. “Welcome to our world, Mr. Secretary.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/north-korea-calls-us-attitude-toward-talks-‘regrettable’-‘robber-like’-rejecting-pompeo’s-assessment/ar-AAzGUx9?li=BBnbcA1&srcref=rss

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2018, 10:19:33 pm »
My take:

Through Pompeo, the Norks have learned that they aren't gonna "roll" Mr. Trump, as they easily did with obama, clinton, and (yes) the Bushes as well.

Give it a little time to sink in.
Perhaps after that, they'll "come around" -- especially considering China's not happy about them either...

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2018, 11:21:48 pm »
My take:

Through Pompeo, the Norks have learned that they aren't gonna "roll" Mr. Trump, as they easily did with obama, clinton, and (yes) the Bushes as well.

Give it a little time to sink in.
Perhaps after that, they'll "come around" -- especially considering China's not happy about them either...

And yet the did roll the President and the SecState.

They got the President to say on the record that it's not the Norks fault they never honor their end of any agreement they in with the U.S. and they got him to stop the partnership training exercises with the South Korean military.

And they still have their nukes and in fact they've expanded the production facility where the missiles are made.

And don't count out the ChiComs orchestrating everything we see going on right now.  Remember...Kim went to talk with the Chinese government before and after he met with Trump.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2018, 11:27:19 pm »
Berlin Wall erected 1961

Reagan "Tear down this wall" speech 1987

Wall down 1989

And various meetings and negotiations, reducing nuclear arms.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline skeeter

« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2018, 11:34:39 pm »
And yet the did roll the President and the SecState.

They got the President to say on the record that it's not the Norks fault they never honor their end of any agreement they in with the U.S. and they got him to stop the partnership training exercises with the South Korean military.

And they still have their nukes and in fact they've expanded the production facility where the missiles are made.

And don't count out the ChiComs orchestrating everything we see going on right now.  Remember...Kim went to talk with the Chinese government before and after he met with Trump.

The sanctions are still in effect. More exercises can be arranged. Trump's kind words are of no more benefit to the Norks than were Albright's glowing after trip report, or Rice's 'strategic patience', or Kerry's 'false narrative' BS.

Like other presidents, Trump should be given the chance to let his policy play out before it being declared a failure.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2018, 11:38:18 pm »
The sanctions are still in effect. More exercises can be arranged. Trump's kind words are of no more benefit to the Norks than were Albright's glowing after trip report, or Rice's 'strategic patience', or Kerry's 'false narrative' BS.

The logistics of getting those exercises started again once they are cancelled is no easy feat.  There was a lot involved in making them happen only to see them killed.

And the Norks have China as a trading partner to help soften the blow of the sanctions.

Like other presidents, Trump should be given the chance to let his policy play out before it being declared a failure.

He should have given his policy a chance to quietly work before so arrogantly pronouncing that the North was no longer a nuclear threat.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 12:22:49 am by txradioguy »