Author Topic: Collins: Won’t Support SCOTUS Pick Hostile To Abortion Rights  (Read 29455 times)

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Collins: Won’t Support SCOTUS Pick Hostile To Abortion Rights
« Reply #300 on: July 02, 2018, 07:53:11 pm »
With two born individuals, life may trump liberty.  But between a woman and a pre-viable fetus?   Liberty trumps life.  There's simply no other alternative.
You might consider that a hierarchy in which one trumps the other, but I believe it is a progression of thought.
Without Life, the others cannot exist.
Without Life and Liberty, the possibility of the Pursuit of Happiness is greatly diminished.
It appears that Roe has no qualms about eliminating the first two in the quest for the latter, at the expense of the first two for another party. (The word is Liberty, not Libertine).

Again - that's only with respect to the authority and power of the State.   That's not a bar that applies to you.   I urge you to persuade that single pregnant woman to do the right thing and give birth.  Help her to decide,  help her to address the money she lacks, her future that's at risk, and the partner that's abandoned her.   It's not easy - but that's no excuse for demanding the government do the work for you.
I have done so in the past and will continue to do so. In view of the circumstances, I agreed with her decision to remain unwed and continue with the pregnancy, and she went into labor on my back steps.
The result was a wonderful great-granddaughter I love dearly.
The prospective husband and father was 'entangled' with an old flame even as the wedding plans were being finalized, and was caught thus, in flagrante delicto. Needless to say, the wedding was cancelled, but the GGD was on the way.
Abortion was never really considered: Traditional Chippewa women value life, without which there can be nothing else.   
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline thackney

« Reply #301 on: July 02, 2018, 07:54:09 pm »
The fetus' legal rights are derivative of the mother's.   The mother's right and expectation are the same as her child's - with respect to a third party tortfeasor .

"Individual" means a human being who is alive, including an unborn child at every stage of gestation from fertilization until birth.

https://statutes.capitol.texas.gov/Docs/PE/htm/PE.1.htm#1.07

Some other states have other legal definitions.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline thackney

« Reply #302 on: July 02, 2018, 07:56:46 pm »
I urge you to persuade that single pregnant woman to do the right thing and give birth.  Help her to decide,  help her to address the money she lacks, her future that's at risk, and the partner that's abandoned her.   It's not easy - but that's no excuse for demanding the government do the work for you.

As my wife and I have done.  And today, over 9 years later, we continue to raise that child as our own.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #303 on: July 02, 2018, 07:58:00 pm »
So in your warped mind..."liberty" = "abortion"

You're the poster child for a NARAL ad.  That's just ghoulish to equate one to the other.

And to also try to equate being pregnant to having your liberty...your freedom taken away.

Fascinating how you always assume the woman getting the abortion is poor...uneducated...single and abandoned by her significant other.

You set up this poor pitiful stereotype of your typical abortion mill customer in order to justify your liberal stance on abortion.

You also like to omit the personal responsibility of the woman who got pregnant in the first place.  You like to paint this grim picture like she had no choice to not spread her legs and this happened against her will.

It's a pattern with you.  And it's right out of the Liberal as well as the Alinsky playbook.

In all fairness to Jazzhead, that is the population that Planned Parenthood specifically targets.  Well, it would be if you added "and minority".

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #304 on: July 02, 2018, 08:02:37 pm »
In all fairness to Jazzhead, that is the population that Planned Parenthood specifically targets.  Well, it would be if you added "and minority".

It's a mechanism he uses in all his defenses of Liberal pet projects. Whether it's abortion...guns...illegal aliens or religion.

He always paints the protagonist in such a way he's able to always justify his Liberal point of view on the issue.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline musiclady

« Reply #305 on: July 02, 2018, 08:05:03 pm »
No, we've already established that the fetus (which = baby in Latin) is an unique being of the human type, or a "human being".  They do tend to look a bit lumpy at first, but their humanity is undeniable. 

I won't discuss the issue of a soul, because that seems to go right over your head.

Gotta keep up, Councilor.

:hands:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #306 on: July 02, 2018, 08:06:20 pm »
Attempt to hijack the thread with this nonsequitur?   :shrug:

Heck....read the damned title.

'You've' hijacked this thread a dozen pages ago.

Move this crap to Members Only.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline musiclady

« Reply #307 on: July 02, 2018, 08:07:11 pm »

As part of their "progressive" effort to rid the world of undesirable people.

Planned Parenthood has succeeded in doing long term what the Nazis only could do for a while before they were stopped....

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Idiot

« Reply #308 on: July 02, 2018, 08:07:32 pm »
As my wife and I have done.  And today, over 9 years later, we continue to raise that child as our own.
God bless you @thackney   !!!

Online roamer_1

« Reply #309 on: July 02, 2018, 08:08:23 pm »
With two born individuals, life may trump liberty.  But between a woman and a pre-viable fetus?   Liberty trumps life.  There's simply no other alternative.

Pre-viable fetus?

There is nothing 'pre-viable' about that baby.
It is perfectly viable if you leave it alone.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #310 on: July 02, 2018, 08:08:42 pm »
Heck....read the damned title.

'You've' hijacked this thread a dozen pages ago.

Not even close to true.

Not even close.

A significant part of the subject is abortion "rights" and that's what the discussion should be about.

(Just curious......... do you want this valuable discussion moved because you don't want visitors to know we have a bunch of pro-life people on this forum?  If so, that's a bit odd....)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 08:19:23 pm by musiclady »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #311 on: July 02, 2018, 08:09:07 pm »

RiV is that you?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #312 on: July 02, 2018, 08:10:00 pm »
I think she was talking about the left who do consider Trump voters low intelligence and should be gotten rid of.  I didn't take it as a slam at anyone here.  In fact, I'm not sure how you could.  But, I'm sure Emjay could explain.

@musiclady @Emjay @txradioguy

You may be right.  I was just basing it on posting history.   :shrug:

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #313 on: July 02, 2018, 08:11:02 pm »
RiV is that you?

As you're always prone to utter:  "How does your post add anything of value to the discussion"

This entire debate is bullshit.

If it had been about NTs.....Nancy would have locked it days ago.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online roamer_1

« Reply #314 on: July 02, 2018, 08:11:37 pm »
Traditional Chippewa women value life, without which there can be nothing else.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #315 on: July 02, 2018, 08:16:09 pm »

Pre-viable fetus?

There is nothing 'pre-viable' about that baby.
It is perfectly viable if you leave it alone.

Yeah, I never understood that argument either.  If you don't provide food, water, shelter for anyone, they don't survive.  Does that make all of us pre-viable?

Offline MOD3

« Reply #316 on: July 02, 2018, 08:18:14 pm »
As you're always prone to utter:  "How does your post add anything of value to the discussion"

If you have a complaint about the administration of this site, please submit a MOD report. 

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #317 on: July 02, 2018, 08:18:35 pm »

Why? Is someone losing an argument, here?

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #318 on: July 02, 2018, 08:19:01 pm »

It adds as much as yours did...except mine with the little tinge of sarcasm was much funnier.

To you it is.  To others it's not.

Don't like the topic...there are hundreds of others here you can read.

Or maybe you can get back to that answer I gave you to your call for thoughtful discussion about the media.

I put a lot of time and effort into my reply to you.

Nice try at playing the victim card.  But you're wrong. And you know it.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #319 on: July 02, 2018, 08:19:42 pm »
Yeah, I never understood that argument either.  If you don't provide food, water, shelter for anyone, they don't survive.  Does that make all of us pre-viable?
Until we are old enough to rustle up our own supper, get shelter, clothing, etc., I reckon.  :shrug:

C S Lewis

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #320 on: July 02, 2018, 08:21:07 pm »

It's a word creation by the left to avoid any mention of the word "baby".

I guess it helps them sleep better at night.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #321 on: July 02, 2018, 08:21:08 pm »

The only way to argue the 'rightness' of abortion is to completely suspend reality.

There is no way to defend it with consistent rational thought because it's an emotional argument about imaginary "rights."

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #322 on: July 02, 2018, 08:22:01 pm »
Not even close to true.

Not even close.

A significant part of the subject is abortion "rights" and that's what the discussion should be about.

(Just curious......... do you want this valuable discussion moved because you don't want visitors to know we have a bunch of pro-life people on this forum?  If so, that's a bit odd....)

Does that mean this isn't a good time to mention that I am fond of Pumpkin pie?  Sometimes I like a good Buttermilk pie.  Always room for Pecan Pie.   :seeya:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #323 on: July 02, 2018, 08:22:48 pm »
It's a word creation by the left to avoid any mention of the word "baby".

I guess it helps them sleep better at night.

They just don't want to "punish a woman with a baby."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #324 on: July 02, 2018, 08:23:26 pm »
Until we are old enough to rustle up our own supper, get shelter, clothing, etc., I reckon.  :shrug:

And if that is what they are arguing, they should all use Peter Singer's argument that we should be able to kill children until they are two years old.

It's absurd, but at least it's more consistent than arguing about "viability" as a reason to let a human being stay alive.